Explore GameReplays...

Supreme Commander

First Metal Map: Core Prime Industrial Area

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1stix Mar 12 2007, 03:37 AM

IPB Image

Core Prime Industrial Area : NO MEX POINTS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Description
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you who played total annihliation, you all remember metal maps, build metal extractors anywhere and everywhere. Core Prime Industrial Area was always my favorite. Thus i present to you all, the first supcom map with no mass deposits.

SupCom is set up so that you can have mex's (mass pumps) anywhere and they will always produce full mass, yet the scripts controlling mass pumps is what prevents you from building them off mass deposits. There is a single parameter that controls this. In the zip file attatched to this post, is a mod which changes that line of code (when you check off the mod) allowing you to build mex's anywhere the ground is flat enough, turning every map into a possible metal map.

Map has 6 spawn points, water in mid, etc, nothing too fancy. Also, as i haven't figured out how to create custom tilesets yet, the ground is simply rock. since i play on low fidelity settings though, it looks like metal to me tongue.gif

2. Installation

To install the map and the mod, simply extract the zip file into your game's root directory. The map and the mod will appear where you would expect them to in your game setup screen. To uninstall, just delete the TAMP_CPIA folder in your maps directory, and the metal_maps folder in your mods directory (which the zip file will add).

3. Deinstallation

See above

4. Changelog

N/A

Author:
stix

This post has been edited by stix: Mar 12 2007, 16:35 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File cpia_metal_maps.zip
Size: 293.22k
Number of downloads: 2237
Player Name Side Team

Game: Supreme Commander

+
# 2Arthain Mar 12 2007, 06:27 AM
Nice find. Map looks really nice too.

+
# 3ka0Savatar Mar 12 2007, 10:56 AM
Map looks great thanks!

Only thing I can see wrong with it is that 3 sided ramp on the top is upside down happy.gif

+
# 4stix Mar 12 2007, 11:32 AM
believe it or not it's supposed to be like that. but as you are right in that it does look stupid, i will change it right now!

This post has been edited by stix: Mar 12 2007, 11:35 AM

+
# 5Necrosjef Mar 12 2007, 12:55 PM
Good job man ill see about pinning this as a featured map on the portal.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 6Phantom57 Mar 12 2007, 14:24 PM
For some reason, i am having issues installing the mod. the map works fine, but i can not activate the mod.

+
# 7FFAxDeadLegion Mar 12 2007, 15:08 PM
is the mod in your mod folder of supcom? (if the mod folder doesnt exist, create it, then reinstall the pack)

Game: Supreme Commander 2

+
# 8stix Mar 12 2007, 16:34 PM
QUOTE(Phantom57 @ Mar 12 2007, 09:24 AM) *
For some reason, i am having issues installing the mod. the map works fine, but i can not activate the mod.

If deadlegion's suggestion doesn't work, you can insert the mod into your game code l33t style by copying the mod folder into your mods.scd file under gamedata. i dunno if it works for winzip, but that's easy to do using winrar.

QUOTE(Necrosjef)
Good job man ill see about pinning this as a featured map on the portal.

that'd be sweet man, thanks

This post has been edited by stix: Mar 12 2007, 16:50 PM

+
# 9KingsRevenge Mar 14 2007, 02:02 AM
A CLASSIC AND I NEED THE GAME!

Game: Act of War: Direct Action

+
# 10Nuker_ Mar 14 2007, 04:33 AM
wait... can you build mexes anywhere or do you need massfabs?

+
# 11ka0Savatar Mar 14 2007, 05:52 AM
The mod allows you to place mexes anywhere and they will give the full income

+
# 12Nuker_ Mar 14 2007, 06:56 AM
yay so now you can have cheap mass, no massfabs anymore. how fast isnt your economy going to develop? must see a replay of this soon.

+
# 13stix Mar 14 2007, 16:36 PM
energy is the killer now, mass comes so easily that you easily outproduce your energy as pgen's take twice as long to build as mexes

+
# 14Nuker_ Mar 15 2007, 01:12 AM
you will never upgrade mexes anymore, they are not worth the cost

+
# 15DSReapy Mar 15 2007, 20:44 PM
they are worth the space though
i really like the layout of this map
its just a shame the AI cant do sht with it
hope a map like this ll come out soon with normal masspoints n stuff

+
# 16CAmpie_X Mar 15 2007, 23:04 PM
would really like to see the ai worked out on this one, the map totally rox!!

Game: Dark Crusade

+
# 17stix Mar 16 2007, 01:31 AM
i'll make a v2 with AI support and mex points

+
# 18stix Mar 16 2007, 01:53 AM
Version 2, NOT AN UPDATE TO ORIGINAL

V2 is AI compatible, with mex points, hydrocarbons, and misc other stuff AI needs. You do not need the mod on to play this version.

There are many mex points in order to give this game the same resource rich feeling that the original would have.

To install, simply extract it to your supcom folder. To check if it installed correctly, open your maps folder under /Supreme Commander/ and look for TAMP_CPIA_v2. If you see it, it has been installed correctly.

*i cannot edit my first post in this thread, if an admin would merge these posts for me i would greatly appreciate it.

Attached File(s)
Attached File cpia_v2.zip
Size: 294.73k
Number of downloads: 592
Player Name Side Team

+
# 19LeVirus Watts Apr 7 2007, 05:13 AM
In TA's CPIA, the middle ramps where just as steep as they are here, but commanders could walk on steeper ledges. This prevents a commander from walking out into the water to create navel factories. Via an air transport, a commander can still enter the water though.

The side ones allow the commander to enter the water, but not to get off the ramp (the bottom ledge is too much). The south two entrances are too steep to be walked on. I haven't tried the north two.

I didn't notice this problem until me and a friend played a 30 min no rush on it, and I was thinking about where I was going to hide my commander. Great map. I still love it.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)