Explore GameReplays...

Boss Generals

Boss Generals Replay Competition rules

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1MaDDoX Aug 26 2005, 21:04 PM
user posted image

CnC Boss Generals replay competition Rules
----------------------------------------------------

1 - Entries will be taken from August 26 until September 11. All entries should be submitted in the specific 'Boss Generals replay competition' forum that are now live and public on www.gamereplays.org, Boss Generals replays section.

2 - To participate, you must be a registered member of GameReplays (free registration). Any amount of entries will be accepted by any member and any kind of game will be acceptable as long as it doesn't have more than four players, even 3v1 or free for alls of any kind are accepted, in standard or CTF game modes. AI opponents aren't allowed and will automatically invalidate the replay.

3 - The 1st place prizes are two 'Battlefield 2' game from EA games (or any other catalog game of the EA's catalog). The 2nd place prizes are exclusive Command and Conquer Generals posters, which the winning players will be able to choose from a list of 3 - "box art", USA and GLA themes. If for some reason one of the first place winners want a poster instead, he'll have the right to offer a trade to a second place winner.

4 - The prize winners will be both player's of the match if it's a 1v1, and one for each member of the winning team if it's a team game. If it's a free for all, the last two man standing win the prizes.

5 - The competition will be judged by the CnC Boss Generals staff from Gamereplays, which can not participate with any replay, and the following criteria will be used to internally rate each replay:

* (20%) Innovation / execution - either a new strategy was used to great effect or an existing strategy was executed in a flawless or extremely effective way (ie. little to no loss vs massive damage caused)
* (25%) Balance - a very easy game for one player or team isn't a very entertaining replay to watch. Since this is a replay competition the match must generally be comprised of similarly leveled players or of teams that balance each other out in the match. Strong comebacks and continuous battles are a good show of balance in a replay.
* (25%) Pace - Games with long and pointless stalemates have slow pace and are a pain to watch. Long games can be fun to watch when battles are continuous and the tide of war shifts to one or the other side constantly, but sitting in the back and only defending doesn't make up for a good replay to watch.
* (30%) Strategy - battles continuously fought over at the same place, without exploiting flanks or hitting the opponent hard with units he's not prepared to face, are linear, boring and overall lack strategy. Strategical action where multiple different tactics are used to good effect, luring and surprising the opponent, are highly valued.

6 - The winners will be contacted and asked for his personal info to receive his prize a couple days after the result is announced.

Clan: EPIC

Game: Command and Conquer 4

+
# 2NiKe Aug 26 2005, 21:40 PM
if someone else plays bossgenerals i will do it

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 3NiKe Aug 26 2005, 21:54 PM
question. it says u have 2 games, who wins those? the poster and...?

+
# 4Boom Aug 26 2005, 22:28 PM
Either the other guy in the 1v1, the other guy on the winning team in the 2v2, or the 2nd to last guy in a FFA.

Clan: Teh Admins

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 5NiKe Aug 26 2005, 22:33 PM
than what does it matter who post the game if the other player in 1vs1 gets the game

+
# 6^General Aug 26 2005, 22:35 PM
If its a 1v1 it doesnt matter who posts it i guess as you both get a prize.

+
# 7BUBU Aug 27 2005, 02:22 AM
does it have to be only BOSS generals or can it be generlas and zero hour?

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 8Crypt Rat Aug 27 2005, 02:55 AM
How do "new" and "old" strategies relate to CtF? Clearly, MDVees would be old, but the choice of what to go after first, what to do with the builder unit. Is it possible for those sorts of things to be old/new since CtF is in itself relatively new?

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 9triumph Aug 27 2005, 03:57 AM
QUOTE(BUBU @ Aug 26 2005, 07:22 PM)
does it have to be only BOSS generals or can it be generlas and zero hour?

This only applys to Boss.

Clan: EPIC

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 10KingsRevenge Aug 27 2005, 07:12 AM
I may need to try to produce some replays before school starts I want that cool looking glA poster even though I play USA. BTW nice professional looking ad.

Game: Act of War: Direct Action

+
# 11vilm Aug 27 2005, 13:50 PM
where is the best place to find other boss players?

must you find a match thrue clanwars.cc or is there an other way?

Game: Supreme Commander

+
# 12Murder Aug 27 2005, 14:30 PM
Check the top Pinned topic in the BG Discussion forum.

Clan: -FaKe|

+
# 13vilm Aug 27 2005, 15:50 PM
thx murder, gona download trilian(or whatevre) and i'l see

+
# 14dustman Aug 28 2005, 08:29 AM
Nike i wanna play you smile.gif

This post has been edited by dustman: Jan 26 2021, 10:39 AM

+
# 15NiKe Aug 29 2005, 18:08 PM
sure thing

+
# 16vilm Sep 2 2005, 21:50 PM
in a 3v1, who wil get prices tongue.gif

+
# 17Venganz Sep 5 2005, 18:17 PM
id play but i need someone to play with

Game: Age of Empires 3

+
# 18vilm Sep 5 2005, 18:31 PM
^^ look in pinned topic in bossgenerals discussion, u can ad poeple on MSN and stuf like that over there

+
# 19Venganz Sep 5 2005, 22:16 PM
i did
well hope to start playing boss soon

Game: Age of Empires 3

+
# 20vilm Sep 6 2005, 05:38 AM
smile.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)