Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

The 10212 error code

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Finch49th1stAIF Sep 26 2007, 11:28 AM
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction troubleshooting my opposing fronts woes smile.gif

Like many people I got a corrupted version of the opposing fronts patch. After checking up on the tech support forums here I saw evo post a guide on reinstallation. After following the guide I encountered a whole new problem.

On the first install opposing fronts installed over my existing 1.71 vanilla copy without any problems.

Upon reinstallation (complete with patching back up to 1.71) vanilla coh installed no problems. However when I moved on to opposing fronts I now see the following error message at the beginning of the installation process.

---

An error occured while installing the windows installer package.

"file reference to temp file the installer is unpacking" The package may be corrupt or an error occured during installation. please contact thq blah blah etc.

(Error code 10212:00000666 MsiInstallProductW returned 00000666. Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version can not continue.)

---

Now I assume I missed a registry entry when i was cleaning up the mess of the original install. I've tried running a few searches looking for it, such as the cd key and various keywords but i havent been able to find the problem. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers thumb.gif

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2evotech Sep 26 2007, 11:44 AM
lucky thing i cant be sued eh?

AFAIK theres only 2 places CoH puts registry info and that is

My_Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\THQ

My_Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\THQ

I could ask relic to hear where they put the damnd things, but i probably wont receive an answer fast.

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 3Finch49th1stAIF Sep 26 2007, 19:54 PM
I wouldnt anyways you are only trying to help smile.gif

Anyways after much registry editing to no avail I just reinstalled a couple of times and I was able to get back to square one with a copy of opposing fronts installed.

I downloaded the patch again and it corrupted the install all over again rolleyes.gif

Anyways i'm going to reinstall again and then not apply the patch.. least i can skirmish the ai that way. Hopefully a less buggy patch will be rolled out in the next few days. Thanks for the help though evo smile.gif

+
# 4Finch49th1stAIF Sep 26 2007, 20:43 PM
Looks like Relic is on top of it

+
# 5evotech Sep 26 2007, 21:06 PM
its so unfair... Relic News have like 10 devs in one tech support thread, while i have to whore myself out to buggo to get her to post 1 time sad.gif

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 6DeadKennyIsDead Sep 27 2007, 00:11 AM
your complaining?
about the whoring out to buggo that is

This post has been edited by DeadKennyIsDead: Sep 27 2007, 00:11 AM

Game: Command and Conquer 4

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)