Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

List of Worldbuilder Bugs with patch 2.2

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1OnkelSam Sep 30 2007, 17:24 PM
DGN's old bug list is no longer up to date, so here is a new updated one. You can post other bugs you found while using worldbuilder. I will update this list with them, if necesaary. Pls be as detailed as possible with your reports. The intention behind this is to give relic a compact list, where they can find things that have to be fixed in future patches.

List of Bugs in 2.2:
  • No Custom Maps in the important .sga version are playable online actually with Opposing Fronts. Only skirmish is available!!! Online games are just greyed out in the Game List and even if you invite someone he will not be able to connect to you.
    (Note: With 2.103 at least .sgb versions are playable online)
  • Action-markers drop-down-boxes are empty again. This problem was fixed with patch 1.71 yet, but now again its not working anymore.
  • The dropdown-boxes in the edit-states-menu ob objects, like the light on/off option in the edit states menu for lamps, flares and spotlights, do not work anymore. So you cannot edit any objects to create building damage, light, or other options.
    IPB Image
  • Shutting down your computer without shutting down worldbuilder can damage map-files of the actually loaded map, even if it has been saved before.
  • If you use the .sga-version of a custom map, the minimap in the lobby will not show up, but only a spaceholder. If you start in -dev-mode and use the .sgb-version of that map, everything is fine. Previously at least in skirmish mode the minimap was also shown with the .sga version, but now its the same spaceholder for skirmish and online custom games.
    IPB Image
  • With OF you got the option to switch between diffrent atmosphere types like "rainy" or "sunny" in the lobby, when starting a game. You can realize this for custom maps too. This can be done with the map.options file, where you set the diffrent atmosphere settings. It works fine with maps in .sgb-format using the -dev-mode of CoH. But like the minimap it is not supported by the .sga-version, that can be used in normal CoH. If you use the "Export Map"-option in worldbuilder to create the .sga archieve then the .options file isn't even included. But also if you create the archieve manually, including the .options file it will not show up in the lobby. It's important to make things available for the .sga-version, because it is so much easier to install and important for the "normal" users, that do not want to use -dev-mode etc.
  • Some people get error messages like

*unnamed* --Failed load for step: 'Special FX'
    initialization list failed
    unable to set up the render window
    *unnamed* --Failed load for step: 'RenderWindow'
    Mod -- (modmanager) shutting down

, when they try to create a new map, or try to open an existing one.
  • Some custom maps that where created with previous versions of worldbuilder do no longer show up in the Lobby to be played.
  • The spline-tool is somehow bugged. By drawing smooth curves the spline tool creates angular sharp edges in many situations. The problem is displayed in the following picture
    IPB Image
  • Another bug with the spline tool. The copy/paste option in the colourise menu seems broken. Normally if you click copy in the colourise spline tool then open up another spline's colourise settings and press 'paste', it'll copy over the colour settings. In the new WB however, the "Paste" function remains grayed out.
  • The british defence emplacements are bugged. Once you have placed one on your map, you are no longer available to completely move them. The only thing that moves is the sandbag-frame, but the gun itself will not move. In addition you can only delete the frame, so once placed the gun is there forever.
    IPB Image
  • The "Mem Stat"-button is broken again. You can hit it but nothing happens.
    IPB Image
If you know more bugs, post them, so that i can update the list. Please do not post in this thread if you have problems using specific features in worldbuilder. Use the Worldbuilder Question-Center for short Questions, or create another thread if you have bigger problems. This thread is only for bugs in order to keep it compact.

Updated on October 14th @ 14.46 gmt
Updated on October 17th @ 8.43 gmt
Updated on October 19th @ 8.19 gmt
Updated on November 14th @ 21.33 gmt

This post has been edited by OnkelSam: Nov 27 2007, 21:53 PM

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2araxis_minerva Oct 14 2007, 11:44 AM
I'm so glad you came up with this idea of WB bug list. I just realized there were issues with the 2102 and I just became crazy.

- You said that the edit states rolldown menus for the lamps, flare etc are blank, but actually it is ALL the edit states rolldown menus that are blank, preventing all kind of editing on all kind of objects.

- The spline tool also produces rugged, angular curves, where they used to be smooth.

When do you plan to tell Relic ? They've got to make something about it !

This post has been edited by araxis_minerva: Oct 14 2007, 11:54 AM

+
# 3GnigruH Oct 14 2007, 13:11 PM
These sharp edges of a texture splines are really annoying! I have a map almost finished, but I have to wait with the release until they fix it cos It's almost impossible to make a good looking not straight road now.
I also have a (minor) problem with a 'disappearing' buildings - when i place any only accessories like windows and chimneys are visible. Walls and roof are not showing up. But honestly, I think it's not a world builder's own bug cos I haven't heard anyone else having this happening. Oh, and those buildings are OK ingame.

This post has been edited by GnigruH: Oct 14 2007, 13:13 PM

+
# 4OnkelSam Oct 14 2007, 13:44 PM
Thx for letting me know these bugs. I have updated the list with them.

When do you plan to tell Relic ? They've got to make something about it !

I already informed Buggo about this thread. She comfirmed that they are aware of it and try to fix the bugs within future patches.
So keep on reporting wink.gif

+
# 5Unkn0wn Oct 15 2007, 16:45 PM
Copy pasting spline "colourise" settings is broken.

+
# 6OnkelSam Oct 15 2007, 20:43 PM
QUOTE(Unkn0wn @ Oct 15 2007, 16:45 PM) *

Copy pasting spline "colourise" settings is broken.

thx.
can you post a picture with describes this problem?

+
# 7Unkn0wn Oct 16 2007, 19:29 PM
I'll try to although no promises since I can't access my PC that has the WB on it right now smile.gif.

Normally if you click copy in the colourise spline tool then open up another spline's colourise settings and press 'paste', it'll copy over the colour settings. In the new WB however, the "Paste" function remains grayed out.

+
# 8OnkelSam Oct 17 2007, 07:45 AM
QUOTE(Unkn0wn @ Oct 16 2007, 19:29 PM) *

I'll try to although no promises since I can't access my PC that has the WB on it right now smile.gif.

Normally if you click copy in the colourise spline tool then open up another spline's colourise settings and press 'paste', it'll copy over the colour settings. In the new WB however, the "Paste" function remains grayed out.

List updated. Thx for your input

+
# 9GnigruH Oct 22 2007, 17:36 PM
Two bugs I've discovered today (with 2.102):
1-grass editor-can't add new grass types to the list cos '+' button doesn't work.
2-memory stat button is broken again.

+
# 10OnkelSam Oct 22 2007, 18:21 PM
QUOTE(GnigruH @ Oct 22 2007, 17:36 PM) *

Two bugs I've discovered today (with 2.102):
1-grass editor-can't add new grass types to the list cos '+' button doesn't work.
2-memory stat button is broken again.

1. The grass editor works. You just have to extract the new grass types with corsix tool first, after that the "+" button works.
2. i can confirm this and will add it to the list, thx

+
# 11Mr. Someguy Oct 23 2007, 20:44 PM
I think I found 2.

1. Certain textures are unbarably bright even if I darken the sunlight and directional light.

2. Some objects crash at random, even normal ones. Yesterday I crashed when trying to place a low munitions point.

EDIT: I can get them to look normal by dramaticly darkening the directional light, but then everything else looks to dark in comparasen...

This post has been edited by Mr. Someguy: Oct 23 2007, 21:22 PM

+
# 12OnkelSam Oct 24 2007, 06:38 AM
QUOTE(Mr. Someguy @ Oct 23 2007, 20:44 PM) *

I think I found 2.

1. Certain textures are unbarably bright even if I darken the sunlight and directional light.

2. Some objects crash at random, even normal ones. Yesterday I crashed when trying to place a low munitions point.

EDIT: I can get them to look normal by dramaticly darkening the directional light, but then everything else looks to dark in comparasen...

can you show us screens where your bug happens? i actually am not able to replicate your bugs from that few information, but thats needed to be able to fix it.
Thx man

+
# 13Mr. Someguy Oct 25 2007, 13:53 PM
Ok, I'll be on WB later tonight, so I'll mess around and get a pic of the bright/dark textures.

+
# 14letsXkillXem Oct 27 2007, 02:39 AM
http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=303250

The link says it all drol.gif .

+
# 15OnkelSam Oct 27 2007, 08:16 AM
like i said in your thread, its a known bug. Its one of the last points in the list. Hopefully they fix it with the next patch

+
# 16letsXkillXem Nov 23 2007, 00:41 AM
Very hopefully!

My map looks like shit with all these hetzers lying about.

+
# 17araxis_minerva Dec 14 2007, 12:11 PM
Hello OnkelSam,

Do we know when Relic's team will be done fixing WB problems ? We've seen 2 patches in the past weeks, one of them unfortunately withdrawn within 24 hours... There's much that was changed in 2.201 patch, but what about WB ? It doesn't seem like Buggo and others are working hard on it....

+
# 18OnkelSam Dec 14 2007, 14:36 PM
actually their priority with patches lies somewhere diffrent. But to have a compact list where they can come back to, when they finaly decide to fix worldbuilder bugs, we should keep this thread up to date.

+
# 19Mr. Someguy Jan 16 2008, 22:32 PM
I have a positioning problem with HQ buildings and bunkers. If you have an object to close to them they will end up about 3-15 feet from where they are supposed to be. You can add this to the bug list if you want. It's nothing major, just irritating.

+
# 20OnkelSam Jan 17 2008, 10:22 AM
QUOTE(Mr. Someguy @ Jan 16 2008, 23:32 PM) *

I have a positioning problem with HQ buildings and bunkers. If you have an object to close to them they will end up about 3-15 feet from where they are supposed to be. You can add this to the bug list if you want. It's nothing major, just irritating.

can you show this with screenshots? cause i don't experience this problem

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)