Explore GameReplays...

World in Conflict

Infantry Tips

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Distant Thunder Jan 3 2008, 17:26 PM
Please post any infantry tips that you have in this topic.

Game: World in Conflict

+
# 2_FISHY_ Jan 4 2008, 04:04 AM
Dont play infantry if your micro sucks or your speed is pure crap.

+
# 3Distant Thunder Jan 4 2008, 04:40 AM
QUOTE(_FISHY_ @ Jan 3 2008, 22:04 PM) *

This is for tips to get better at infantry not to tell why or why not to play infantry.
It is a tip though...I guess.

DT

+
# 4Diploid Jan 4 2008, 10:45 AM
Use cover at all costs, especially forests.
Don't place your Sniper in buildings, it can be located at the wrong window and it's an easy target for artillery.

Game: Dawn of War 3

+
# 5inF.Daunt Jan 4 2008, 15:18 PM
QUOTE(_FISHY_ @ Jan 4 2008, 05:04 AM) *

infantry is not about micro, since its units are slow responding. It's about multitasking and tactical sense. Skill with infantry means sending the units to the right places at the right time.

+
# 6Distant Thunder Jan 4 2008, 20:31 PM
QUOTE(inF.Daunt @ Jan 4 2008, 09:18 AM) *

infantry is not about micro, since its units are slow responding. It's about multitasking and tactical sense. Skill with infantry means sending the units to the right places at the right time.

Very true

+
# 7GuardianRush Feb 18 2008, 22:06 PM
what the hell? is this all? I mean I play DoW which is all about micro, I want to play the most micro dependent field that WiC offers, gimmie tips!

This post has been edited by GuardianRush: Feb 18 2008, 22:08 PM

Game: Dark Crusade

+
# 9Sir Snoopy Feb 28 2008, 12:36 PM
I feel qualified to post 4 tips! biggrin.gif

Use airborne infantry all the time, once you run out of resourses, they can be great.

Keep units in "hold fire" unless they are already being shot at, or are out of cover.

Always focus fire.

Airborn infantry's barrage power can hit helicopters, if you can catch them off guard.

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 10monkeyeater May 7 2008, 01:27 AM
The infantry's speed is horrible call down some APC's to carry the infantry then unload them in battle.

+
# 11Brock7142 Nov 30 2008, 20:53 PM
1. ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS FIGHT FOR THE HIGH GROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALWAYS!!!!!!!!! If it costs you 100 F*ing squads, DO IT!!!

2. Hilltops are IMPOSSIBLE to take if you scatter across the points... LIke the Fire Base (Can't remember name of maps), the Crash Site, the Dam hilltop, etc... Example: Crash Site, (map with the enourmous power plant) on Soviet side, I positions my men on the edges of the forestry, and scattered men across the whole hill... I went up against (by MYSELF, i.e. No one else helping me hold the hill) 2 Different Air guys, 2 different Infantry, and 2 different Armor (with Heavy/Medium Tanks, Heavy/Medium Helos, and Snipers, and reg Infantry) and took on all of their TA...

All in all, I got 1366 points for that match, and FOUR Nukes later, and EASILY 50-60 Napalms they FINALLY took the crash site from me... When you have maps with High Grounds, and Trees... take the high grounds, try as hard as possible to NOT position men to where they'll be downhill when facing the enemy...

2. NEVER waste resources on Anti-Armor Infantry, 1. Because they suck against Armor (go figure rolleyes.gif ) and 2, they cannot attack Helos...

3. Regular Infantry Squads (the ones that cost 650 to make) you scatter those guys all across the hill top (preferably under cover/NOT in buildings) they have AA abilities (a reg Infantry squad can take on everything, and if you can get close enough, this includes heavy Artillery etc.)

4. If there are strategic points i.e. Bridges, etc. and they help the enemy flow into the point you're defending, or attacking, Divert away from the enemy, and do everything it takes to take out that brdige! Same thing goes with buildings around an objection (like you have two circiles, and a building in the middle of those said circles, destroy it, unless it's yours/AWAY from the enemy, destroy it...) Build Combat Engineers, (entire teams of them) and have them set explosives in all of the buildings... destroy said buildings... If the enemy somehow re-takes that point, there will be NO cover for them etc.. (TA anyone? I hear it likes enemy's in the open u0udiablo.gif u0udiablo.gif )

5. If you make Snipers, TALLEST buildings/hilltops that overlook where you've seen enemy Infantry go ONLY... (They can only attack Infantry, but let me tell yeah, get two-three snipers in cross fire of the enemy infantry, i.e. shooting them from two-three different sides, the Infantry guy wont even understand what's happening to his men, until he only has 1-1 1/2 squad left...)

6. IN THE GAME all of your Infantry are 100% disposable... If the map is like let's say a Desert, than 1:1 ratio with APCs and Infantry... I.e. if you make 4 Infantry squads, evne though it's more expensive, make either 4 APCs, or Amphibious Transports, DO NOT waste on the transport trucks, because they are insanely slow, and HUGE defenseless targets...( If you run into any enemy Armor, or other enemy Infantry, they're all dead... The Armoured Transports, and Amphibious Transports can take on both Armor, Infantry, and Helos, but when transporting your men, try and AVOID fighting until you can get into a "safe" spot to unload your men... Like if you're entering a citish place, and there are trees iNfnatry can hide in, dismount INfantry, and have your transport go through the street adjacent to your Infantry, you'll have Infantry in cover/fighting, with "Armor" fighting right beside it...)

7. If possible, TAG TEAM with an Armor guy... If he's got tanks, have him move at the speed of your Infantry, When you have Infnatry and Armor in the same places, your Infantry Squads can give him the AA support, and anti-Infantry Support, while he gives you the muscle work (even if moving across a field out in the open... with Artillery etc. coming down on you, and him, maintain course, and SAME speed, you can always reinforce the squads to replace the men you lost later... Just secure the objective you were going for, get into defense at said objective, and wait for your newly created squads etc. to get there, once all your guys are together, and the Armor guys are all together/repaired, advance, continue the fight...

8. Anti-Armor Squads seriously suck... Even when they fight against Infantry, and Armor,they don't come in big enough numbers, nor do they have the power to take on very many things... If you go up against another REGULAR Infantry Squad, or God Forbid an Engineer, your squad is dead... Sniper? You wont even make it past a small river... (two snipers wont even make it to half way through a small river and that's with EIGHT squads...)

9. Engineers in the game are like Special Forces, only they have no AA abilities... You cna have your Engineers go up, and plant explosives on an enemy tank (yes, I have used them in this fasion) and in groups of 4-6, even 8, they can take on anything, enemy Infantry? They'll pick them off like shooting apples on a tree with a .50 cal... (If moving in a street, DESTROY EVERY BUILDING IN THE F*ING CITY!!!! UNLESS YOU ARE DEFENDING, THEN PUT YOUR MEN INSIDE SAID BUILDINGS, AND KEEP THEM THERE UNTIL SAID BUILDINGS ARE DESTROYED, FIGHT TO THE LAST MAN!!!, spread your Engineers in two teams, 1, and 2... (Alpha, Bravo) and have them move on opposite sides of the street when advancing, therefore, creating a cross fire to attack the enemy on two sides when advancing on an objective) If you see enemy tanks, use explosives, plant them on the tank, if he can plant it, even if your Engineer dies, the Explosives will auto-detonate, destroying even a Heavy Tank, with full health (they are build to blow up bridges, shouldn't be that surprising)

10. Whe on the attack, NEVER use Line formation... ALWAYS box formation... and try and make 2-3 different teams... if two teams, then one goes a little to the right, the other to the left, with a gap big enough on your screen between them to put your cellphone to the screen, and still see a little bit of ground... If three teams, than you got a (if defending, or attacking) team in front, and other teams to either side (Shaping an arrow) Or if defending, and want the enemy to come in, set it in a reverse arrow, right and left squads in front, on either side, and your middle squad in the back, have them hold fire until the enemy is in the middle of all of yoru guys, then unleash hell... (Same thing can be done on attack, just you're moving to he enemy, you WILL surround the enemy doing this) [Note, this also works EXTREMELY well with Armor, ESPECIALLY if you have a guy with Artillery, and AA Batteries in a distance, once the attack goes on, (need at least 2-3 Artillery Pieces if going to do this.......) AA units STAY with the Artillery (need two support guys, on soly all AA, the other soly all Artillery, Heavy, or medium, makes no difference, have 5-6 Medium Artillery, and 5-6 Medium AA, two different support guys, each with one repair tank incase they go into counter battery on you...) have the Artillery rip into the enemy, (this works on attack, and defense) making him worry more about that, than your men/your friend with the tanks ripping his men apart... Note, this DOES NOT work wiht Anti-Armor Infantry in a squad, it WILL work with Snipers, Combat Engineers, and regular Infantry, but I recommend Regular Infantry ALWAYS unless doing some "Special Operations"......

11. If you're going to attack the enemy, you'd better go in FULL force, (don't leave ANYONE behind if on the attack, you need each and every single Soldier you have...) same with defense, NEVER send half your men on the attack, and other half on defense, you need your numbers, spread them up if need be, but keep them focus on the EXACT same objective...

12. Engineers can swim thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif Think about it....

13. If out in the open, sprint as much as possible, when engaging the enemy, once you kill them, (or see them moving back away from your guys) GET MOVING - TO ONE OF THE SIDES (not forward, nor backward, TO ONE OF THE SIDES) because it means your enemy just called in Artillery or something on you... (And they never aim at the side, always to the front, back, or exact position of your guys... Keep that in mind...)

14. If using Engineers and/or Snipers as your main guys, try and avoid going into open fields as much as humanly possible... If using straight up Infantry (guys that cost 650 to make) don't worry about it, you've got AA, and AT abilities, and AI abilities... if in large numbers, i.e. 6-8 squads, when you see the enemy and they are ATTACKING you, STOP fight a little bit, move to the side, STOP, fight a bit, etc. etc... You'll cream anyone/everyone...

15. If forestry is present, put your Infantry in it, forests are the way to go, unless it's a desert, than make as said previously, one Armored or Amphibious Transport for every Infantry squad you make, it should be a 1:1 ratio... If out in the open in a field, DISMOUNT Infantry when the fight occurs, then move a bit off to the side, (NEVER forward, nor backward) remount your Infantry, advance...

16, when going to attack, co-ordinate your attack, with the time frame (about 20-30 seconds) of Airborne Infantry... You can put Airborne Infantry alongside the enemy, or right behind them, or right ont he objective itself, diverting attention AWAY from your actual forces... (ONLY do Paratroopers, don't do that tank or anything like that... Light Tanks can get a bit of attention, but are VERY EASY to dispatch... They wont divert for very long...)

I'll add more later...

This post has been edited by Brock7142: Nov 30 2008, 21:10 PM

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 12blovcandyman Nov 22 2009, 00:23 AM
Using right time, Infantry are so powerful, like tank buster, demolition infantries. Make them hide by entering if any forest or building near by u to protect them. Tank buster infantries are very strong Vs Tanks they can kill tanks more quickly. It is more advantage to step forward. Otherwise order them to enter into vehicle to protect for a while. As long as u protect ur infantry, u can defeat your enemy easily.

+
# 13CBSavage1 Nov 24 2009, 01:33 AM
QUOTE(Brock7142 @ Nov 30 2008, 20:53 PM) *

1. ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS FIGHT FOR THE HIGH GROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALWAYS!!!!!!!!! If it costs you 100 F*ing squads, DO IT!!!

2. Hilltops are IMPOSSIBLE to take if you scatter across the points... LIke the Fire Base (Can't remember name of maps), the Crash Site, the Dam hilltop, etc... Example: Crash Site, (map with the enourmous power plant) on Soviet side, I positions my men on the edges of the forestry, and scattered men across the whole hill... I went up against (by MYSELF, i.e. No one else helping me hold the hill) 2 Different Air guys, 2 different Infantry, and 2 different Armor (with Heavy/Medium Tanks, Heavy/Medium Helos, and Snipers, and reg Infantry) and took on all of their TA...

All in all, I got 1366 points for that match, and FOUR Nukes later, and EASILY 50-60 Napalms they FINALLY took the crash site from me... When you have maps with High Grounds, and Trees... take the high grounds, try as hard as possible to NOT position men to where they'll be downhill when facing the enemy...

2. NEVER waste resources on Anti-Armor Infantry, 1. Because they suck against Armor (go figure rolleyes.gif ) and 2, they cannot attack Helos...

3. Regular Infantry Squads (the ones that cost 650 to make) you scatter those guys all across the hill top (preferably under cover/NOT in buildings) they have AA abilities (a reg Infantry squad can take on everything, and if you can get close enough, this includes heavy Artillery etc.)

4. If there are strategic points i.e. Bridges, etc. and they help the enemy flow into the point you're defending, or attacking, Divert away from the enemy, and do everything it takes to take out that brdige! Same thing goes with buildings around an objection (like you have two circiles, and a building in the middle of those said circles, destroy it, unless it's yours/AWAY from the enemy, destroy it...) Build Combat Engineers, (entire teams of them) and have them set explosives in all of the buildings... destroy said buildings... If the enemy somehow re-takes that point, there will be NO cover for them etc.. (TA anyone? I hear it likes enemy's in the open u0udiablo.gif u0udiablo.gif )

5. If you make Snipers, TALLEST buildings/hilltops that overlook where you've seen enemy Infantry go ONLY... (They can only attack Infantry, but let me tell yeah, get two-three snipers in cross fire of the enemy infantry, i.e. shooting them from two-three different sides, the Infantry guy wont even understand what's happening to his men, until he only has 1-1 1/2 squad left...)

6. IN THE GAME all of your Infantry are 100% disposable... If the map is like let's say a Desert, than 1:1 ratio with APCs and Infantry... I.e. if you make 4 Infantry squads, evne though it's more expensive, make either 4 APCs, or Amphibious Transports, DO NOT waste on the transport trucks, because they are insanely slow, and HUGE defenseless targets...( If you run into any enemy Armor, or other enemy Infantry, they're all dead... The Armoured Transports, and Amphibious Transports can take on both Armor, Infantry, and Helos, but when transporting your men, try and AVOID fighting until you can get into a "safe" spot to unload your men... Like if you're entering a citish place, and there are trees iNfnatry can hide in, dismount INfantry, and have your transport go through the street adjacent to your Infantry, you'll have Infantry in cover/fighting, with "Armor" fighting right beside it...)

7. If possible, TAG TEAM with an Armor guy... If he's got tanks, have him move at the speed of your Infantry, When you have Infnatry and Armor in the same places, your Infantry Squads can give him the AA support, and anti-Infantry Support, while he gives you the muscle work (even if moving across a field out in the open... with Artillery etc. coming down on you, and him, maintain course, and SAME speed, you can always reinforce the squads to replace the men you lost later... Just secure the objective you were going for, get into defense at said objective, and wait for your newly created squads etc. to get there, once all your guys are together, and the Armor guys are all together/repaired, advance, continue the fight...

8. Anti-Armor Squads seriously suck... Even when they fight against Infantry, and Armor,they don't come in big enough numbers, nor do they have the power to take on very many things... If you go up against another REGULAR Infantry Squad, or God Forbid an Engineer, your squad is dead... Sniper? You wont even make it past a small river... (two snipers wont even make it to half way through a small river and that's with EIGHT squads...)

9. Engineers in the game are like Special Forces, only they have no AA abilities... You cna have your Engineers go up, and plant explosives on an enemy tank (yes, I have used them in this fasion) and in groups of 4-6, even 8, they can take on anything, enemy Infantry? They'll pick them off like shooting apples on a tree with a .50 cal... (If moving in a street, DESTROY EVERY BUILDING IN THE F*ING CITY!!!! UNLESS YOU ARE DEFENDING, THEN PUT YOUR MEN INSIDE SAID BUILDINGS, AND KEEP THEM THERE UNTIL SAID BUILDINGS ARE DESTROYED, FIGHT TO THE LAST MAN!!!, spread your Engineers in two teams, 1, and 2... (Alpha, Bravo) and have them move on opposite sides of the street when advancing, therefore, creating a cross fire to attack the enemy on two sides when advancing on an objective) If you see enemy tanks, use explosives, plant them on the tank, if he can plant it, even if your Engineer dies, the Explosives will auto-detonate, destroying even a Heavy Tank, with full health (they are build to blow up bridges, shouldn't be that surprising)

10. Whe on the attack, NEVER use Line formation... ALWAYS box formation... and try and make 2-3 different teams... if two teams, then one goes a little to the right, the other to the left, with a gap big enough on your screen between them to put your cellphone to the screen, and still see a little bit of ground... If three teams, than you got a (if defending, or attacking) team in front, and other teams to either side (Shaping an arrow) Or if defending, and want the enemy to come in, set it in a reverse arrow, right and left squads in front, on either side, and your middle squad in the back, have them hold fire until the enemy is in the middle of all of yoru guys, then unleash hell... (Same thing can be done on attack, just you're moving to he enemy, you WILL surround the enemy doing this) [Note, this also works EXTREMELY well with Armor, ESPECIALLY if you have a guy with Artillery, and AA Batteries in a distance, once the attack goes on, (need at least 2-3 Artillery Pieces if going to do this.......) AA units STAY with the Artillery (need two support guys, on soly all AA, the other soly all Artillery, Heavy, or medium, makes no difference, have 5-6 Medium Artillery, and 5-6 Medium AA, two different support guys, each with one repair tank incase they go into counter battery on you...) have the Artillery rip into the enemy, (this works on attack, and defense) making him worry more about that, than your men/your friend with the tanks ripping his men apart... Note, this DOES NOT work wiht Anti-Armor Infantry in a squad, it WILL work with Snipers, Combat Engineers, and regular Infantry, but I recommend Regular Infantry ALWAYS unless doing some "Special Operations"......

11. If you're going to attack the enemy, you'd better go in FULL force, (don't leave ANYONE behind if on the attack, you need each and every single Soldier you have...) same with defense, NEVER send half your men on the attack, and other half on defense, you need your numbers, spread them up if need be, but keep them focus on the EXACT same objective...

12. Engineers can swim thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif Think about it....

13. If out in the open, sprint as much as possible, when engaging the enemy, once you kill them, (or see them moving back away from your guys) GET MOVING - TO ONE OF THE SIDES (not forward, nor backward, TO ONE OF THE SIDES) because it means your enemy just called in Artillery or something on you... (And they never aim at the side, always to the front, back, or exact position of your guys... Keep that in mind...)

14. If using Engineers and/or Snipers as your main guys, try and avoid going into open fields as much as humanly possible... If using straight up Infantry (guys that cost 650 to make) don't worry about it, you've got AA, and AT abilities, and AI abilities... if in large numbers, i.e. 6-8 squads, when you see the enemy and they are ATTACKING you, STOP fight a little bit, move to the side, STOP, fight a bit, etc. etc... You'll cream anyone/everyone...

15. If forestry is present, put your Infantry in it, forests are the way to go, unless it's a desert, than make as said previously, one Armored or Amphibious Transport for every Infantry squad you make, it should be a 1:1 ratio... If out in the open in a field, DISMOUNT Infantry when the fight occurs, then move a bit off to the side, (NEVER forward, nor backward) remount your Infantry, advance...

16, when going to attack, co-ordinate your attack, with the time frame (about 20-30 seconds) of Airborne Infantry... You can put Airborne Infantry alongside the enemy, or right behind them, or right ont he objective itself, diverting attention AWAY from your actual forces... (ONLY do Paratroopers, don't do that tank or anything like that... Light Tanks can get a bit of attention, but are VERY EASY to dispatch... They wont divert for very long...)

I'll add more later...

Very true with the normal infantry, anti-tank sucks...

+
# 14Strategie Cordinator Nov 17 2011, 01:01 AM
Wow that was a very good lesson that i think i should use it in my game biggrin.gif .But your also forgeting that u can sortof create trenches for ur infantry squads happy.gif ...U can become a supporter or infantry and start with 1 or 2 heavy artillary vehicles to bombard the ground(note:Better to use heavy artillary rather than medium.)Then change ur class if possible and send ur troops to the area u bombarded.

Note: Make sure the area u will use as an trench is close to u for better defence and so allies can respond to ur aid faster,o and also farther trenches will give u a better chance of "DEATH." u0udiablo.gif Also call in some Rangers and mostly tanks and bring in atleast 2-3 humvees to repair damaged tanks thumb.gif .

Note: Keep Tanks behind trench and Humvees behind tanks thumb.gif .

This post has been edited by Strategie Cordinator: Nov 17 2011, 01:03 AM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)