Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Patch 2.208

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1JgPz.Hetzer Feb 1 2008, 05:35 AM
Yes for sure! biggrin.gif

v2.308 01/31/2008

- Fixed a number of issues with tool-tip layers.
- Added "Exit Game" option on the Count Not Verify Media pop-up.

Fixes
- Laying barbed wire should be fixed and back to how it was in vanilla CoH.

Gameplay
- Tuning to British Artillery
- Overwatch artillery projectile speed increased marginally
- Overwatch weapon scatter tuning adjusted - angle reduced, area reduced marginally. Should make for more concentrated effect
- Overwatch recharge reduced. Overwatch used to take 30s to disable itself, now takes 22s.
- Overwatch ability passively reduces the recharge rate of 25pounder barrage abilities
- Creeping barrage has increased artillery rounds incoming.
- Creeping barrage passively reduces the recharge rate of 25pounder artillery barrage abilities.
- British 25pounder rotates faster to make it more responsive during Counter Batttery operations
- British Artillery in Counter Battery mode will fire back at enemy artillery even if it does not damage friendly units
- British Counter Battery should be a bit more responsive.
- British Counter Battery takes less time to disable itself. 22s instead of 30s.
- British Sappers will move at normal speed outside territory when upgraded as Demolition and Disposal Section
- Infantry antitank weapons will do less damage to Flak 88s and Flakvierling weapons.
- Panzer Elite tank traps offer heavy cover.
- Panzer Elite tank traps are buildable as walls. This is for test purposes - the size of the object occasionally makes building walls a little difficult.
- Axis Observation Points receive a health bonus when Axis players choose Fortify the Perimeter from the Defensive Doctrine.
- British Captain's FOO artillery ability is improved. First round lands must faster and is very accurate. That round is followed shortly by 3 rounds and then finally by 5 rounds in expanding areas.
- US Calliope recharge time reduced to 75s

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 2Yoink™ Feb 1 2008, 05:42 AM
I'm wondering if "Panzer Elite tank traps" means Scorched Earth Roadblocks.

Anyone experiment with these yet? I think if roadblocks are buildable like sandbags and they provide green cover they can do some wonderous things for PE strats.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 3The Valar Feb 1 2008, 05:46 AM
What i love is that my favorite British regiment was mega-buffed. wub.gif

Officer bombardment works in a worthwhile manner now, and counter-battery might actually be useful, nebelwerfers are going to die now! happy.gif

I wonder how the 2v2 ers will feel about artillery cooldown reductions. Maybe it will work because artillery firepower is traded for lack of commandos...?

Game: Empire Total War

+
# 4Yoink™ Feb 1 2008, 05:48 AM
QUOTE(JgPz.Hetzer @ Jan 31 2008, 21:35 PM) *

- US Calliope recharge time reduced to 75s

This made me go:
IPB Image

+
# 5JgPz.Hetzer Feb 1 2008, 05:55 AM
Wire, Wire, Wire! How I love it! Finally we can use wire again without pulling out some crazy microskills! banana.gif

IPB Image

+
# 6The Valar Feb 1 2008, 06:07 AM
PE tanktraps refers to the scorched earth roadblocks, i think.

They can be drag deployed in a line line regular tank traps, sandbags or wire.

Unless they were always like that...i never played PE too much.

Edit: Also, i lol'd above the above screenshot. Thats awesome.

This post has been edited by The Valar: Feb 1 2008, 06:08 AM

+
# 7Darth Zaxis Feb 1 2008, 06:41 AM
i gotta try that panzer elite tank trap when i get back

hopefully i can create a fortress for the british with no exit

+
# 8Yoink™ Feb 1 2008, 06:43 AM
QUOTE(Darth Zaxis @ Jan 31 2008, 22:41 PM) *

i gotta try that panzer elite tank trap when i get back

hopefully i can create a fortress for the british with no exit

See now we are thinking EXACTLY the same way.

+
# 9hillhome Feb 1 2008, 06:46 AM
The wire change is GREAT!

I think that the overwatch buffs might be too much. Sure it costs CPs but it's basically free to use after that (Unlike Sector Arty, which rapes shit but costs 200 munis a use). Too early to tell as I've not tested it enough yet but it might be a bit too strong now, we'll see!

Looks good to me, I'm loving Defensive even more now biggrin.gif

Clan: Reign of Madness

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 10skitz Feb 1 2008, 06:49 AM
Alrite.. the PE tanktrap thing.

They deploy in a line like sandbags do, means you can create a seamless wall of vehicle blocking with no hassle but infantry can still move between each segment. Also provides a ton of heavy cover.

Basically they just made it less micro intense to lay the roadblocks I think, and made them actually worth something against infantry with that heavy cover.

Good change.

+
# 11SemperAnte Feb 1 2008, 06:50 AM
wait, is this for beta or normal server?

+
# 12Yoink™ Feb 1 2008, 06:54 AM
QUOTE(skitz @ Jan 31 2008, 22:49 PM) *

Alrite.. the PE tanktrap thing.

They deploy in a line like sandbags do, means you can create a seamless wall of vehicle blocking with no hassle but infantry can still move between each segment. Also provides a ton of heavy cover.

Basically they just made it less micro intense to lay the roadblocks I think, and made them actually worth something against infantry with that heavy cover.

Good change.

Oh okay. That's good. So there's a "gap" between the pieces for infantry to walk through? That's probably necessary in order to prevent the PE from sealing up entire sections of the map easily.

+
# 13DarkArk Feb 1 2008, 06:55 AM
^^--Beta unless I'm mistaken.

This post has been edited by DarkArk: Feb 1 2008, 06:55 AM

+
# 14JgPz.Hetzer Feb 1 2008, 07:39 AM
Well, to use overwatch/counter battery and creeping barrage you have to build a 25pdr first, going Royal Cheese with Turtle and have to earn XP´s so it´s not totally free. Roya Cheese could use some buffs and no its buffed. I like that but maybe it´s a tad too strong. Overwatch will be interesting and so will creeping barrage.

+
# 15ZombieRommel Feb 1 2008, 08:18 AM
OMFG Relic NICE changes! banana.gif

This patch has motivated me to re-install the beta. blush.gif

+
# 16Company of Might and Magic Feb 1 2008, 08:25 AM
"US Calliope recharge time reduced to 75s"

Why?!

+
# 17Malgoroth Feb 1 2008, 08:33 AM
QUOTE(Company of Might and Magic @ Feb 1 2008, 03:25 AM) *

"US Calliope recharge time reduced to 75s"

Why?!

I'm assuming Relic wanted to make armor viable again without returning to the two Pershing limit. I thought the Calliope's recharge time was fine, but whatever. It doesn't bother me too much.

+
# 18AmiPolizeiFunk Feb 1 2008, 08:47 AM
The Calliope in the beta can't kill a pio squad so I don't think it matters much.

The buffs to brit arty are gonzo. Hopefully they just make those abilities work now, as they (overwatch, counter) never worked too hot before. Creeping is pretty huge already... I fear what it will do now...

Clan: Reborn

+
# 19sporday Feb 1 2008, 09:06 AM
How many seconds less takes the 25pdr with Overwatch and Creeping Barrage unlocked to recharge?

+
# 20.bAgr Feb 1 2008, 09:17 AM
What exactly does the wire change do? Sorry I've never played vCoH blush.gif

Clan: [Wise]

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)