Explore GameReplays...

Command and Conquer 3

GDI pros.....

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1VeDz Mar 17 2008, 12:54 PM
How the hell do I beat scrin late game. 90% of all my losses are to scrin late game.

All they do is camp until they get around 5 tripods and at least 4 of those annoying ass flying scorpion looking things, that can outrange the sun itself. Then the tripods just sit there while the scorpion looking planes kill you slowly. I try to flank them with buggies, APC's, firehawks, nothing kills the shit.

Honestly how do I stop these 2 units, I'm exhausted for options, I've tried almost everything.

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 2L3g3nd4ry Mar 17 2008, 14:27 PM
Rail preds, Mortal pitbulls and misslehawks sounds like a win to me.

The combined fore power of railguns and preds and mortals will kill any tripods and disintigrators while the missile payload firehawks wreak havok on the Devastator warships (the flying scorpion thingies)

Another possibility is to invest in a commando for bonus effects.

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 3Jamma Mar 17 2008, 14:46 PM
Tbh if you hit them early game with mass rockets and apcs, and some preds and keep on the attack you should be able to steamroll them. Basically if they are camping it should be easy for you, just spam GDI tier 1 units at them, be agressive and you should come out victorious. A good scrin does not camp, a good scrin harasses while teching.

If on the other hand they have played well and do manage to hold you off to tier 3 and you haven't been able to roll over them, then it is best to get railguns, mix mammoths, predators, apcs, rocket squads and maybe a few juggernauts. Also often your opponent will have lots of devastators and tripods but no aa. Use this advantage by making firehawks to take out his devastators. Once you have cleared his devastators, the rocket squads and railguns shouldn't have much trouble taking down the tripods. Also, as l3g3d4ry said, it can sometimes be useful to give the commando a try.

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 4Liang Hu BBB Mar 17 2008, 15:43 PM
If Scrin comes into late game and is able 2 mass tripods and dev ships=GG.
So as GDI just donīt let them come into late game.You should make enough pressure with predators and rookets and while you do this try 2 do over the whole game random apc+engi rushes 2 get the key structures.If you see that Scrin go 4 only 1 war fac and pump out devourers,build some orcas 2 kill Scrins radar and 2 defend yourself against devourers.
I mostly build an early airfield because I can do engi plane drops then.
Always try 2 get all the tib spikes with apcs.

+
# 5methuselah Mar 17 2008, 22:28 PM
Build lots and lots and lots (did I say lots?) of rocket squads. Support them sufficiently with preds/pits/mammies if you are brave but build lots of rocket squads.

And upgrade them smile.gif

Clan: GameReplays.org

Game: Generals 2

+
# 6xlava Mar 17 2008, 22:35 PM
pitbulls en masses > PACs
predators en masses > tripods

This is what you need to build, but attack at the same time, because if you dont, the PACS (flying scorpion thinggys smile.gif) will kill your preds, while the tripods kill your pitbulls. If you attack at the same time itll be much more of a pain for your opponent.

Game: None

+
# 7VeDz Mar 18 2008, 07:48 AM
QUOTE(L3g3d4ry @ Mar 18 2008, 01:27 AM) *

Rail preds, Mortal pitbulls and misslehawks sounds like a win to me.

The combined fore power of railguns and preds and mortals will kill any tripods and disintigrators while the missile payload firehawks wreak havok on the Devastator warships (the flying scorpion thingies)

Another possibility is to invest in a commando for bonus effects.

What are mortal pitbulls?

Anyway thanks for all the tips guys, I'll try massing APC's and Rocket infantry early game, later go with upgraded rocket infantry, pitbulls, firehawks? and rail preds.

This post has been edited by VeDz: Mar 18 2008, 07:48 AM

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 8Liang Hu BBB Mar 18 2008, 08:07 AM
When you reach tier 3 spam mammoths and not predators.
Mammoths are better VS Scrin.
Predators are better VS Nod.

+
# 9Mikeyparkster Mar 18 2008, 09:56 AM
problem.. you can't do both tier 1 spam and TECH up.. its's 1 or the other...you either mass upgraded preds and them steamroll before he gets enough forces.... (i.e. only 3 tripods at most unupgraded)

apcs + rocket spam and a few preds is always the best imo.......works everytime theres no hard counter early game...

Game: Team Fortress 2

+
# 10B00M Mar 18 2008, 18:54 PM
If you're talking about TA:

mass rocket inf, rly

it > Scrin on open maps , add in engi apcs from time to time and enough empty ( or filled with rockets) apcs to handle hives while ure attacking with the mass inf, also dont let them "stack"

Needless to say, but I'll say it anyway, get Comp armour if you rely on mass inf
____
Sidenote: Dont bother using a commando

This post has been edited by B00M: Mar 18 2008, 18:59 PM

Game: Blizzard

+
# 11slingshot01 Aug 8 2010, 23:52 PM
QUOTE(Mikeyparkster @ Mar 18 2008, 09:56 AM) *

problem.. you can't do both tier 1 spam and TECH up.. its's 1 or the other...you either mass upgraded preds and them steamroll before he gets enough forces.... (i.e. only 3 tripods at most unupgraded)

apcs + rocket spam and a few preds is always the best imo.......works everytime theres no hard counter early game...

I build tier 1 veicles pritty much from the start and teck up at the same time

This post has been edited by slingshot01: Aug 8 2010, 23:54 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)