Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

Patch 1.06

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 401Pjupe Jan 29 2011, 23:17 PM
I'm playing a nice mod but the AI was stupid and so I got a new Skirmish Script. But I had to mod it, it wasn't fully compatible. In this regard I've added some 1.06 changes (it's also not fully compatible) because I hated this pure evil AirF Gen (who has a Fuel Bomb Aurora in the mod), this destructive Aurora Alphas and the fact that China lost every battle against USA or GLA.
So I started a project to create a compatible Skirmish Script and a balance patch (like the 1.06) for my ZH mod. Now I've transferred most of the 1.06 changes and the game is more balanced now, I like it. The only things I didn't transfer are the car bomb change (I think it's unrealistic and useless for most of the maps) and the New Skill system because it causes some problems with 3 new generals.

But there are some problems:
1. Is there no solution for the Aurora Fuel Bomb Detonation weapon graphics bug (the small damage radius and the huge explosion)?

2. I want to cut the demolition upgrade for the combat bikes. But I'm not sure what I should change because it's a huge text (and it includes some mod gadgets so I have no idea what the right option is). You can take a look at it, I've saved the Object ini as a .txt data file.
Attached File DemoGeneral.txt
Size: 703.99k
Number of downloads: 99

3. Can you tell me how I can add different skill points for the generals? An example: I want to add 3 (= one skill stage) points more to one of the "new" Boss Generals. There is a rank data file in the ini folder but it's general. I don't want a general change, I only want to add more points to one (better: the three Boss Generals) of them.

There are also some other problems (team building, bug fixing, ...) but that's not your topic. For this you can send me a private message.

Game: Kings and Castles

+
# 402AngryHan Jan 30 2011, 08:29 AM
One post wonder gets a one minute answer:

1. You can probably modify the animation that plays in one of the ini files and specify radius. I don't know where though.

2. Remove this:
CODE
  Behavior = FireWeaponWhenDeadBehavior ModuleTag999
    ExemptStatus = STATUS_RIDER5 STATUS_RIDER8
    DeathWeapon = Demo_SuicideDynamitePackPlusFire
    StartsActive = No
    TriggeredBy = Demo_Upgrade_SuicideBomb
    RequiresAllTriggers = Yes
    DeathTypes = ALL -SUICIDED -POISONED -POISONED_BETA -POISONED_GAMMA
  End

There are many more beneath it, so remove everything similar to that with the line
CODE
    TriggeredBy = Demo_Upgrade_SuicideBomb

3. I could probably tell you but that would involve taking a lot of my time to figure it out.

Clan: H2

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 403Pjupe Jan 31 2011, 10:53 AM
1. What a pity!
2. I'm a bit confused today: Did you want to say that I should only delete the line "TriggeredBy = Demo_Upgrade_SuicideBomb" without replacement?
3. what a pity again. In my mod there are different skill points (the bosses start with 2 points) but I can't find where they changed that.

Additional (only informative) question to 1.06:
Why wasn't the Infa-Paradrop changed like the US-Paradrop?

Game: Kings and Castles

+
# 404Sparky Jan 31 2011, 14:18 PM
Infantry Paradrop was never too weak, and with added Tank Hunters (combined with Horde Bonus and Patriotism) it would become way too powerful.

+
# 405AngryHan Jan 31 2011, 16:30 PM
Delete the "groups" of code with the TriggeredBy = Demo_Upgrade_SuicideBomb line in them. It's rather hard to explain what a group is, but try and figure it out - it's pretty obvious.

+
# 406rodonmanes May 5 2011, 23:51 PM
Hi,
I was wondering if you could fix a HUGE problem that EA games do NOT want to fix! This problem has been preventing me from playing CnC generals zero hour for few years now, which is making me crazy because, this game is my all time favorite. If you take a look at the image i´ve included, you´ll see what i´m talking about. I hope you have a solution for this?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+
# 407AwfuL May 6 2011, 12:51 PM
Hi, that's simply the generic error message for the game - it can be caused by any number of seemingly random bugs, the game is simply full of them sad.gif

When are you getting the error?

Clan: Brothers of War

+
# 408rodonmanes May 6 2011, 12:58 PM
QUOTE(AwfuL @ May 6 2011, 12:51 PM) *

Hi, that's simply the generic error message for the game - it can be caused by any number of seemingly random bugs, the game is simply full of them sad.gif

When are you getting the error?

Ive gotten it because of;
; Reason Uncaught Exception in GameEngine::update

Last error:
Exception is access violation
WinMain at 401700
Error code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Description: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
Access address:00000144 was read from.

Stack Dump:
<Unknown>(-1) : <Unknown> 0x0045A680

Details:
Register dump...
Eip:0045A680 Esp:0018F1CC Ebp:00000000
Eax:0018F1D8 Ebx:00000000 Ecx:00000144
Edx:0000A200 Esi:00000144 Edi:00000000
EFlags:00210206
CS:0023 SS:002b DS:002b ES:002b FS:0053 GS:002b
EIP bytes dump...

Bytes at CS:EIP (0045A680) : 8B 01 8B 48 04 85 C9 56 57 8B 7C 24 0C 8B D0 74 15 8B 37 39 71 10 7C 07 8B D1 8B 49 08 EB 03 8B

Current stack:

and;
; Reason Error parsing INI file 'C:\Users\user\Documents\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data\Maps\MapCache.ini' (Line: 'MapCache c_3A_5Cusers_5Cuser_5Cappdata_5Croaming_5Ccommand_20_26_20conquer_203_20kane_27s
_20wrath_5Cmaps_5Chighlands_5Chighlands_2Emap ')

Last error:

Current stack:

and, this is probably because of the mod i was testing;

; Reason Error parsing INI file 'Data\INI\Object\artillerygeneral.ini' (Line: 'Object Art_ChinaCommandCenter ')

Last error:

Current stack:

I´ve also gotten may times error saying that the IP address 0.0.0.0 is not valid, access violation, though i made sure that the IP address wasn´t 0.0.0.0

+
# 409AwfuL May 6 2011, 14:51 PM
Well, the first error could be anything. What I meant was, when does the error occur? For example, the game is known to crash when there's simply too much stuff going on - like 8 players each with 100 blackmarkets and huge armies.

The second error looks like you're doing something with a Kane's Wrath map tongue.gif

Clan: Brothers of War

+
# 410AngryHan May 9 2011, 19:43 PM
Uninstall your game completely, delete your zero hour documents folder too.

+
# 411Sergeant1337 Oct 18 2011, 19:40 PM
I can't install the patch. When I start the shortcut I't says the target dosen't exist...

+
# 412cnc315d34d Feb 6 2012, 19:08 PM
still think a modmap version of 1.6 would be pretty nice to see for cw etc

one of the key strengths of ccg/zh is really modmaps imo... its one major strong point of the engine that EA just made stupidly overcomplicated and impractical in their later SAGE games (eg you cant transfer modmaps online in ra3/cnc3, whereas ccg/zh allows online transferring with such ease)

even if you cant port every change over, atleast a couple would be nice.. eg the simple ones like making usaf pdl's 2-shot missiles, the unit armour changes etc

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 413Yumi Feb 6 2012, 21:42 PM
Not enough interest in balance mods atm with the World Series being played

+
# 414cnc315d34d Feb 10 2012, 20:13 PM
so just been playing challenge mode on 1.6 just to get a hang of the factions and...

is there any way to beat the sw general as usaf? lol

all air gets 1shotted by emp patriots, the super multiple particle cannons are ridiculously silly, auroras mass kill stuff (although they arent -anywhere- as silly as 1.4, but still)

the inf missile nerf vs structures is a bit of an annoyance sad.gif
does usa even have any anti-structure (turrets) units besides md's?
tomahawks are pretty lategame and are honestly a bit lacklustre vs structures/defences and are easily killed

md/paladins were atleast a half-decent combo in ccg, but the lack of tank ff damage + inf missile nerf vs structures makes usa(f)'s anti-turtling capabilities feel rather weak and frustrating at times

+
# 415Sparky Feb 11 2012, 10:25 AM
To be honest, 1.06 was never designed to work in the General's Challenge. I mean come on, that map you face Alexander on is as good a Superweapon faction vehicle as you can get.

Normal Zero Hour battles involve each player starting with $10000 cash, one Command Center and one construction peon, on a map with actual access to eachother's base. Obviously the Superweapon faction is a bitch to beat if it starts with 20 EMP Patriots scrambled all over the map without any real access to them; in real battles, it's a challenge for her to get those EMPs in the first place.

Try Stealth Fighters combined with King Raptors, combined they should have enough PDL to nullify singular EMPs.

About the anti-structure prowess of USA: you really think Rockvees don't destroy structures fast enough? Obviously you come from CCG talking about force-fire like that, but Zero Hour never had it and never wished it had.
Regarding VUSA and Laser: tanks are a tad more durable, and are actually pretty darn good at destroying structures? Paladin or Laser Crusader / Avenger / Missile Defender / Pathfinder combinations with optional Tomahawks are actually impossible to defeat when used right, which turtling opponents are going to face, so I don't really see the need to increase USA's base-attacking abilities further.
Regarding Air Force: it was designed to play with actual aircraft. King Raptors and Comanches are and have always been base killers pur sang.
Regarding Superweapon: she was designed to turtle so shouldn't attack primarily, and Alpha Auroras and Particle Cannons are as good versus structures as you can get.

+
# 416cnc315d34d Feb 12 2012, 13:17 PM
fair enough, thanks for the tips- i was able to beat alexander with stealth fighters/raptors/auroras (for whatever reason she uses her particle cannons on useless targets like pp's instead of my af's)

how about usaf v tank general? commanches and rockvees arent as op so how do i beat gatts+tanks lol

tbh just give me a summary of the best units/combos to use as usaf for every matchup tongue.gif

This post has been edited by cnc315d34d: Feb 13 2012, 10:11 AM

+
# 417Sparky Mar 30 2012, 14:30 PM
Oh my, 100,000+ views.

+
# 418-Wraith^ Mar 30 2012, 17:11 PM
QUOTE(Sparky @ Mar 30 2012, 16:30 PM) *

Oh my, 100,000+ views.

Conclusion: you guys did an awesome job.

Clan: Death and Destiny

+
# 419bliNd- Apr 1 2012, 02:01 AM
oh wow, even threads in ooe haven't reached that many views

Game: None

+
# 420MarKr Apr 24 2012, 11:15 AM
Do you guys still play ZH 1.06? We started at dorms like a month ago and it's still hell of a fun :-D

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)