Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Ask the Experts

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 21Mexico Aug 9 2008, 19:26 PM
What is the true ratio of outcome between an engineer and a pioneer on a set environment?

Clan: Reborn

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 22ZeroCrack Aug 9 2008, 19:57 PM
QUOTE(Mexico @ Aug 9 2008, 12:26 PM) *

What is the true ratio of outcome between an engineer and a pioneer on a set environment?

u mean if pio vs engy head on with same cover? i said engy won 100% of the times

but yes, sometimes there luck like engy jump out of cover so luck play big factor

This post has been edited by ZeroCrack: Aug 9 2008, 20:08 PM

Clan: ArX

+
# 2312azor Aug 9 2008, 20:00 PM
Purged.

This post has been edited by 12azor: Apr 16 2010, 14:23 PM

Clan: EPIC

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 24evotech Aug 9 2008, 22:43 PM
Can the experts start posting some 2v2 replays soon?

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 25iaguz Aug 9 2008, 23:11 PM
Uhm, actually Skaffa, I believe Engies and Pios have exactly the same weapon. I'm going to check that, and I do apologise for being a COH-stats whore, but sometimes numbers IS numbers.

EDIT- ok, my bad, they're not the same. They're just MOSTLY the same. The pioneers gun has a slightly longer burst, but also has slightly longer cooldowns and aim times and shit. Also note that the pios are actually better at closer ranges! That's one to note. Also note they only have .15 accuracy on the move, so if they stand their ground, it helps!

This post has been edited by iaguz: Aug 9 2008, 23:17 PM

+
# 26Cinders Aug 10 2008, 01:40 AM
Croc. How/when do you use this unit?

(I probably know the answer already, but I'd love to find a way to bring it into the fight)

+
# 27daeyeth Aug 10 2008, 02:06 AM
He means that pioneers will do better dmg in longer fights at long range because man for man, the pioneers do more dmg. He's assuming that in a long range fight, the 3rd man of an engy squad will likely be spread out away from the other 2 engies and be in a less efficient position. The pioneers will have a less likely chance of bad/inefficient positioning because there's only 2 men to worry about. The 2 pioneers do more dmg but the 3 engineers will always win because of that 3rd guy. Basically he's saying that there are circumstances where the 3rd guy will be in a bad position at long range, tipping the fight to the pioneers. Also, pioneers don't want to engage in a close range fight against engies because engies have a faster reload meaning the pioneers will lose their man faster than the engies do.

QUOTE(Cinders @ Aug 9 2008, 18:40 PM) *

Croc. How/when do you use this unit?

Crocs are excellent against people who are excessively using a lot of infantry. Against Wehr, this means vet2/vet3 grenspam. The flames do more dmg to vet2 elite armor. They will need to overcompensate with a lot of shrecks and paks. You will usually get a croc after going BARs and did not go motorpool.

Against PE, this means they went T3 and have to use shrecks (because T4 with an AT-HT will nullify the croc who can't avoid it because it has to get close up). They will need to overcompensate with a lot of shrecks and marders. The more shrecked PGs, the more easily your BARed riflemen will have and marders will be great targets for airborne/rangers.

The croc is hard to use perfectly in tandum with your combined forces because it will die rather quickly if not microed properly. What you want to do is rush the croc in, do your dmg, and get out quickly. That's when you bring in the rest of your forces to clean up. The biggest enemy for your crocs will be mines, you need to be careful against a good player. Cloaked paks aren't so tricky since it will only take a flank to take it out in a second but it depends on how good he has positioned his paks together. For PE, circle strafe around the marders and rush into the tank busters while trying to run them over.

+
# 28Nev Aug 10 2008, 17:11 PM
Why has the single engineer start declined in popularity since the 1.7 days?

Under what circumstances would it be viable now?

+
# 2912azor Aug 10 2008, 17:28 PM
Purged.

This post has been edited by 12azor: Apr 16 2010, 14:23 PM

+
# 30Rantrave Aug 10 2008, 17:56 PM
how to kill brits with PE? i mean, like on angoville? i made fast infantry halftracks, but couldnt do a good job, and before i had AV he had like stuarts>_>

+
# 31gugi Aug 10 2008, 22:51 PM
Another brit question from me:

So when your start the game should your recon squad directly move to capture the point at which you will move you HQ Truck? I usually do this and after I create a Lt and another tommy squad i move my truck. Or is this wrong somehow?

+
# 32vaz Aug 11 2008, 04:22 AM
Experts:

When do you decide to call a retreat? I know it's very situational, but picture basic infantry with equal mp amounts (i.e. rifle squad vs 1&2/3 pg's or rifle vs volks, standard tommy vs volks). Do you just retreat right away and wait till you have the advantage or do you stick around to the last man or so?

+
# 3312azor Aug 11 2008, 04:26 AM
Purged.

This post has been edited by 12azor: Apr 16 2010, 14:24 PM

+
# 34daeyeth Aug 11 2008, 07:51 AM
QUOTE(evotech @ Aug 9 2008, 15:43 PM) *

Can the experts start posting some 2v2 replays soon?

The current experts are chosen solely for their 1v1 prowess. Though they may play team games from time to time, I wouldn't have expectations of them to be considered experts in team games as well because the dynamic of 1v1s and 2v2s are completely different.

QUOTE(Rantrave @ Aug 10 2008, 10:56 AM) *

how to kill brits with PE? i mean, like on angoville? i made fast infantry halftracks, but couldnt do a good job, and before i had AV he had like stuarts>_>

Against Brits, you either have the option to try the end the game quickly with fast halftracks rush or delay until you can get a higher tech. Besides the fast halftracks, your other two options are the marder rush or the pz4 rush.

With the marder rush, along with having excellent AT (which you can use to take out trucks in 60 seconds) you will have good anti-inf capabilities with the AC and MP44s available to you; however, marders, ACs, and MP44s are all frail. With the pz4 rush, you'll be able to nullify any of Brit vehicles with the AT-HT but you will be relying on the powerful pz4 for much of your anti-inf capabilities and will have no true heavy tank counter (unless you go hetzers).

The biggest opponent of both strats with be emplacements. How fast you can tech up will be crucial in racing out your high tier units before his defenses get up. For more in-depth information on how to execute those specific strategies, you can find help in the PE strat forum.

QUOTE(gugi @ Aug 10 2008, 15:51 PM) *

Another brit question from me:

So when your start the game should your recon squad directly move to capture the point at which you will move you HQ Truck? I usually do this and after I create a Lt and another tommy squad i move my truck. Or is this wrong somehow?

If you're making another tommy squad after the LT, then no, you don't need to send the recon to capture that point you'll be moving to first thing, you can get to it later. But you can, and it won't be "wrong". It just depends on what your strategy is. The only time when you need to capture that point first thing is when you're moving your HQ right after your LT.

Check out warhawk's analysis of the top Brit players to see what their build orders are and how they use those first couple units.

This post has been edited by daeyeth: Aug 11 2008, 09:12 AM

+
# 35sweix Aug 11 2008, 09:58 AM
Anyone from experts helping ro relic with balance?

This post has been edited by sweix: Aug 11 2008, 10:02 AM

+
# 36daeyeth Aug 11 2008, 10:19 AM
QUOTE(sweix @ Aug 11 2008, 02:58 AM) *

Anyone from experts helping ro relic with balance?

No

+
# 37AmiPolizeiFunk Aug 11 2008, 17:27 PM
1. Hey experts, how do you move around the screen? Which hotkeys do you use? Got any special mouse buttons? Do you use arrow keys? Num pad? F-keys?

2. How often do you use attack-move?

Clan: Reborn

+
# 38charliesshortt Aug 11 2008, 18:48 PM
QUOTE(AmiPolizeiFunk @ Aug 11 2008, 11:27 AM) *

1. Hey experts, how do you move around the screen? Which hotkeys do you use? Got any special mouse buttons? Do you use arrow keys? Num pad? F-keys?

2. How often do you use attack-move?

1. arrow keys and mouse on minimap. no hotkeys except for snipers and artillery ( dont need them for coh). obviously this is personal preference.

2. Never

+
# 39Two Aug 11 2008, 21:06 PM
On wrecked train wheres the best spot for a flak 88 when your on the right side (with the VP connecting the +10 fuel)? Whenever i set them up theres always this little bit that they can just flank rape and take, same with bunkers.

+
# 40charliesshortt Aug 11 2008, 21:55 PM
QUOTE(Two™ @ Aug 11 2008, 15:06 PM) *

On wrecked train wheres the best spot for a flak 88 when your on the right side (with the VP connecting the +10 fuel)? Whenever i set them up theres always this little bit that they can just flank rape and take, same with bunkers.

near the strat point? would need a picture of exactly what your trying to cover for a better idea

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)