# 1ichigotowar Apr 30 2009, 04:47 AM
1. Launch fraps
2. Configure it as below
Attached Image
3. Download audacity and lame plugin.
4. Install both
5. Launch audacity
Attached Image
6. click on record button, launch the replay you want to VOD, make sure fraps is recording aswell and do the cast. Once its done, go back to audacity and stop the recording, you will find an audio clip there.
7. Cut the bits you don't need like the start and the end.
8. Then click on file>export as mp3, then click ok and make sure you remember where you saved it.
9. Open windows movie maker, add the videos recording from fraps and add the converted audio clip as shown below. Make sure you listen to it and check that it is syncronised before publishing.
Attached Image

FYI Fraps is used to capture the video and the in game sound and audacity is used to capture your voice.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask any questions

This post has been edited by ichigotowar: May 11 2009, 12:34 PM

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 2Crunk 8D Apr 30 2009, 04:50 AM
Ya thats basically what I do too.. The annoying part is getting it to link exactly when ur done, because you cant make a hotkey in audacity to start recording @ the exact same time as fraps. I can get it to work but takes a while to get it exact. Any1 have any better ways?

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 3ichigotowar Apr 30 2009, 05:19 AM
An intro would help and if you give it like 3 seconds before you start talking,that would enable you to sync easier. Do remember to zoom in as much as you can to make it easier to cut the bits you don't need in audacity

+
# 4evotech Apr 30 2009, 08:44 AM
just do a countdown for yourself, say like rax finished... Now, to synch.

Start audacity first and just don't talk before you start recording, and just cut the silent part out

I also suggest getting Sony vegas instead of WMM...

+
# 5ichigotowar Apr 30 2009, 08:48 AM
Sony vegas is not free whereas wmm is.

+
# 6Clemens Jun 5 2009, 18:26 PM
Heey I just made a VOD, is going up asap, but fraps recorded my voice too, kind of epic fail. What should I do different? because I did exactly what this says.

Game: League of Legends

+
# 7ichigotowar Jun 7 2009, 19:42 PM
it works for most of us, i suggest you try the other option in fraps and also your soundcard, you might not have the correct settings

+
# 8Doctor Müller Jul 3 2009, 18:25 PM
any sound I record is very soft, is there a way to increase the volume? except for getting real close to the mic, or should I just buy a better mic tongue.gif

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 9Masked Jul 6 2009, 12:01 PM
QUOTE(Captain Obvious @ Jul 3 2009, 19:25 PM) *
any sound I record is very soft, is there a way to increase the volume? except for getting real close to the mic, or should I just buy a better mic tongue.gif
]

There are software which can increase music files noise, but decrease quality. You might get a lot of white noise.

Game: None

+
# 10Designer Hat Oct 1 2009, 00:33 AM
to sync, I start audacity recording before I start the game

once the game is paused at the start (at the Esc screen):

- count down 3-2-1-go

- right after I say 'go' I hit F9

- I just cut everything before the 'go' from the audacity file before I export it

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 11MalteserMan Oct 1 2009, 04:47 AM
Interesting, I just zoom into the little audio graphic guesstimate who much time there was before I started talking and cut out the rest smile.gif My last vod synced up rather nicely smile.gif

+
# 12chappY Oct 5 2009, 23:39 PM
lame pluggin link broken, is it required?

Game: None

+
# 13MalteserMan Oct 6 2009, 00:56 AM
LAME plugin is required if you want to save as MP3.

You can google it pretty easy. It just just some file called lame_enc.dll or something.

+
# 14ichigotowar Oct 9 2009, 01:21 AM
latest version of audacity has lame plug in now, so it will tell you where to dl it.

+
# 15Mannis Dec 12 2009, 13:12 PM
Dont mean to bump,
but i have a good mic and i've followed of the guide. It works great apart from one thing, the music is too low when infact it's high. Is there any way to increase the volume of the game, not your voice, without decreasing quality?

Game: 7 Days To Die

+
# 16Clemens Dec 12 2009, 13:35 PM
Maybe lowering it ingame?

Game: League of Legends

+
# 17Mannis Dec 15 2009, 19:01 PM
I did something today and the game volume was great, my headset had recorded it loud.. but i forgot the save the settings and logged off only to realize i dont know how to get it loud again. I only used Fraps and it did the whole thing... now when i use both of the programs my ingame sound is really low.. i've seen other people say this, any answers?

Game: 7 Days To Die

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)