Explore GameReplays...

Team Fortress 2

Resurrection Plan

Reply to this topic Start new topic
Warning ,
# 1Taikis May 11 2009, 18:07 PM
As Angmarian Warrior stated in another thread, we need create a resurrection plan.

Anyone still alive in here should try to help.
The forum also got a bad reputation from the portal discontinuation, so any casual or not so frequent visiters just quit thinking that this forum is forever dead. We must bring it back to the public.

I also suggest that we form competitive games using the GR TF2 Steam Group.
I would join.

So let everyone invite friends and advertise this forum!

QUOTE(Insulter @ May 9 2009, 15:23 PM) *

Steps towards creating a good community portal:

1. Track down people willing to support the portal - writers, video editors, fans. Too little men on this team.
2. Open community servers - that could be easily accomplished, if you manage to find people Don't we just have a server. smile.gif
a) create a Steam group
who are willing to open the servers for you. Group - check, I can host a local server if needed for small games
3. Start an IRC channel; PickUp and Clan arrangements. We don't have
4. Gather around few clans that are willing to compete against others, that will bring more and more players of the already existing auditory into your portal. Work in progress - I also have my personal clan if anyone wants to comepte?
5. Arrange tournaments that are free of charge and prizes. This one is hard.
6. Establish connections with the active-working leagues and start covering it. If someone could.
7. Carefully plan how to involve more people into the game, besides just trying to re-direct the stream of already playing. Well well, if we could even get the already playing people here.
8. Pay attention to custom maps and content - video, art etc. This one is easy.

Game: Team Fortress 2

+
# 2Angmarian Warrior May 11 2009, 22:05 PM
Great post, Taikis. Some kind of clan tag (no official one, just the letters ".org" behind the name) would also be good. This small tag could be worn on special occasions by members of the steam group, and appointments can be make to join server x at time y GMT + z. At first there won't be many people in this group, but when others see that it's actually a small community playing in the same server, they will visit this forum, which should be ready for the newcomers by then.

Clan: Gwaith-i-Nolendili

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 3garbage_garbage May 12 2009, 00:13 AM
I'm not being mean; I'm saving your time:

Just go to the Official Steam TF2 forums. They have archived guides, videos, comics, and of course an enormous dedicated and intelligent user base. There are more people, and beginners tend to collect there because responses are given so quickly or found so easily in the stickied threads. I hate to cut off anyone's hope, but this is really a futile and ultimately useless effort. Gamereplays is great for complex RTS games that have a lot of room for discussion and maybe lack an official forum, but TF2 just doesn't have the right kind of substance. TF2 is my favorite game of all time, and I am by no means calling it simple or insubstantial, it just already has an established online community on its official forums. If you wish to try and resuscitate this forum, I wish you good luck. Maybe you'll prove me wrong.

This post has been edited by garbage_garbage: May 12 2009, 00:14 AM

+
# 4Taikis May 12 2009, 04:49 AM
Yeah, this is really close to futile.

+
# 5Angmarian Warrior May 12 2009, 14:27 PM
QUOTE(garbage_garbage @ May 12 2009, 02:13 AM) *

I'm not being mean; I'm saving your time:

Just go to the Official Steam TF2 forums. They have archived guides, videos, comics, and of course an enormous dedicated and intelligent user base. There are more people, and beginners tend to collect there because responses are given so quickly or found so easily in the stickied threads. I hate to cut off anyone's hope, but this is really a futile and ultimately useless effort. Gamereplays is great for complex RTS games that have a lot of room for discussion and maybe lack an official forum, but TF2 just doesn't have the right kind of substance. TF2 is my favorite game of all time, and I am by no means calling it simple or insubstantial, it just already has an established online community on its official forums. If you wish to try and resuscitate this forum, I wish you good luck. Maybe you'll prove me wrong.

I see what you mean. However, the steam forums are so widely visited and spammed with nerf- and unlockthreads... It's like comparing a small classroom to a university auditorium.

Clan: Gwaith-i-Nolendili

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)