Explore GameReplays...

Call of Duty 4

Modern Warfare 2 Single-Player Demo at E3

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Thrandy Jun 2 2009, 01:12 AM
Today, the first day of E3 2009, Infinity Ward's Vince Zampella and Jason West revealed the first single-player mission for the highly anticipated Modern Warfare 2. The following video doesn't unveil much about the game in terms of new gameplay changes, however you do get to see new weapons, vehicles, graphics, and physics integrations in action. In a recent interview Robert Bowling added that Infinity Ward plans to release much more content throughout E3, so stay tuned here to GameReplays for more coverage. In the meantime, you can also watch the new Modern Warfare 2 reveal trailer.

Mission: 'Cliffhanger'
Day 2 - 7:35:56
Sgt. Gary "Roach" Sanderson
Task Force 141
Tian Shan Range, Kazakhstan

Pt. I

You are playing through the eyes of Sgt. Gary "Roach" Sanderson and find yourself atop a cliff alongside Captain 'Soap' McTavish, who is making a return from the previous Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. The subsonic force of fighter jets passing overhead causes a minor avalanche above you as you ascend to the top of the cliff with only a pair of ice axes and crampons. The end of Part I, you leap after McTavish over a blind jump and nearly plummet to your death.

Pt. II

Armed with a silenced weapon (judging by the reload animation to be an AK-variant or possibly a M4 Carbine) and a heartbeat-detecting device to guide you through the whiteout, the two of you find yourselves right in enemy territory. Your objective is to move into the base as quietly as possible and destroy their fueling station with C4.

Pt. III

You are now seen retreating as multiple infantry begin closing in. Not only do you have to deal with enemy crossfire from all directions, but you also must fend off snowmobiles. McTavish leads you across a small airfield and you're soon able to hijack two of them. Then its an intense chase down the mountainside with only a Glock pistol to keep enemies from knocking you off your snowmobile. Once you make it to the awaiting Bravo rescue team, the mission is over.

Here is a Day 2 update in which G4TV interviewed Robert Bowling. Neither does this video reveal much about multiplayer or anything important, however Bowling did mention that Infinity Ward is saving that area of pre-release content for later on because "it's going to be huge".

This post has been edited by Thrandy: Aug 22 2009, 03:08 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 2Haze. Jun 2 2009, 02:09 AM
idk about yall but i had to change my panties after watchin this...

Game: Call of Duty 4

+
# 3Verdo Jun 2 2009, 03:48 AM
lookin good

Clan: Dumbledore's Army

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 4ViS Jun 2 2009, 04:02 AM
That looks absolutely terrible.

Game: Demigod

+
# 5Thrandy Jun 2 2009, 04:38 AM
QUOTE(ViS @ Jun 1 2009, 23:02 PM) *

That looks absolutely terrible.

Why? eyebrow.gif

+
# 6triumph Jun 2 2009, 05:36 AM
It's the same trash game(and by that I mean gunplay, vehicles for SP were fun tbh) play just with cooler locations that are now fitting of a James Bond 007 flick minus the wit.

Clan: EPIC

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 7ChallengerII Jun 2 2009, 06:09 AM
Looks *very* cool! But what I'm wondering about is what is that goofy rifle Soap and Roach are sporting? It looks mostly like an M4A1, but it reloads like an AK47/74 or a Sig551. I know it's not a major thing, but it'd really bug me if I had to use a non-M16 based weapon as the game's protagonist (unless I was playing as Kamarov or something). Also noticed some Tangos use the FAMAS.

Also, it's nice to see Soap making a great comeback, with a nice Captain Price-esque moment when he grabs you when you fall. smile.gif

I agree with triumph that it seems to be shaping up to be essentially the same game as COD4, but it seems like it'll be refined, streamlined, and even more fun than the first MW.

This post has been edited by ChallengerII: Jun 2 2009, 06:11 AM

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 8atdsutm Jun 2 2009, 09:43 AM
what weapons have you guys seen?

Im itching for FAMAS

Game: Act of Aggression

+
# 9SUICIDEBOMBERRR Jun 2 2009, 09:47 AM
looks brilliant, i cant wait for this.

re: the gun - when it reloads it looks like a Heckler & Koch HK416 not an m4/ak47/whatever, look at the barrel end

Game: Call of Duty 4

+
# 10Shadow_Elite Jun 2 2009, 10:53 AM
I am still very highly optimistic that this will be a good game, although watching the video and the graphics look "not as good" as they can be. And yes I did watch the video in HD. Maybe it's just the video, but I am still going to be buying this game. No matter.

Game: Call Of Duty: Black Ops

+
# 11andysfile Jun 2 2009, 11:18 AM
The game still is in development so hopefully they replace old music with new ones - same thing for some sound effects and same old enemy animations when they are hit.
I like what I see though biggrin.gif

Clan: Teh Memberz

Game: Bad Company 2

+
# 12EchoZero47 Jun 2 2009, 11:48 AM
That gave me a boner. drol.gif

+
# 13ScOtSmAn Jun 2 2009, 12:17 PM
Looks awesome, if its half as good as cod4 il buy it laugh.gif

Clan: iWuB

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 14Witchking' Jun 2 2009, 13:14 PM
I am already looking forward to Promod for MW2 to remove all the imba stuff again. biggrin.gif

The single player campaign was top-notch in every CoD title though, so I have high expectations, and the released material is decent, so I am confident.

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 15ChallengerII Jun 2 2009, 18:38 PM
QUOTE(SUICIDEBOMBERRR @ Jun 2 2009, 02:47 AM) *

looks brilliant, i cant wait for this.

re: the gun - when it reloads it looks like a Heckler & Koch HK416 not an m4/ak47/whatever, look at the barrel end

Hk416 seems to be the most plausible. It's general 'layout' seems like an M4 because it's got STANAG magazines and generally has the silhouette of the M4, but when you reload, you cock the rifle on the side instead of above the stock, which makes it seem like an AK...not sure if this applies to the 416 though. I'll go check....

And again... drol.gif drol.gif drol.gif

+
# 16Thrandy Jun 2 2009, 19:32 PM
QUOTE(ChallengerII @ Jun 2 2009, 13:38 PM) *

Hk416 seems to be the most plausible. It's general 'layout' seems like an M4 because it's got STANAG magazines and generally has the silhouette of the M4, but when you reload, you cock the rifle on the side instead of above the stock, which makes it seem like an AK...not sure if this applies to the 416 though. I'll go check....

cool

+
# 17ChallengerII Jun 2 2009, 22:04 PM
I'm inclined to say it's not the Hk416: various pictures show it still has the same charging handle as the M4/M16.

IPB Image

Damn I'm curious now. blush.gif

+
# 18cantplaycnc-.- Jun 3 2009, 00:01 AM
looks bloody awesome!

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 19Thrandy Jun 3 2009, 19:17 PM
Updated with a new Robert Bowling interview by G4TV. smile.gif

+
# 20Flame(s) Jun 4 2009, 07:19 AM
nice job thrandy smile.gif

btw there are 2 weapons i saw in that, the first you guys are already speculating, but the other looks almost like an mp5 but i'm not sure as the guy said you can steal un/modded weapons from the enemy.

Game: Red Alert 3

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)