Explore GameReplays...

Dawn of War 2

#157 [1.3.2] [VIDEO] Warrior of Oak (Ravener) v...

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Riisto Jun 6 2009, 11:46 AM
Electronic Sports League match with two pro players with TS ~40 on either side.

Sadly I can't restrain you from seeing that there are three videos so you'll know after the first match who wins the second.

Feedback appreciated!

("..and....aaand...and....and.." - yeah, I noticed it myself, but it sticks pretty hard with me tongue.gif)

Game 1
Game 2
Game 3

If someone wants, be free to add streamable location and post the link.

This post has been edited by S0litude: Jun 7 2009, 19:17 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File WarriorOfOakVSUmpire1ESL1.mp3
Size: 6.66mb
Number of downloads: 46
Attached File WarriorOfOakVSUmpire1ESL2.mp3
Size: 11.29mb
Number of downloads: 27
Attached File WarriorOfOakVSUmpire1ESL3.mp3
Size: 21.88mb
Number of downloads: 16
Attached File ESL_Oak_Umpire.rar
Size: 300.43k
Number of downloads: 25

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2Third_oO Jun 6 2009, 12:16 PM
looking forward to watching this smile.gif

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 3ibplunderin Jun 6 2009, 14:45 PM
Well that is a heap of content to download and watch, I'm excited. It is close to feeling like opening a present on Christmas day... digitally.

*edit- Well not too much to say, maybe because it early in the morning but I didn't really find anything that I want to comment about. It was just an enjoyable couple of games, thanks for the cast.

This post has been edited by ibplunderin: Jun 6 2009, 17:49 PM

Game: League of Legends

+
# 4deckadents Jun 6 2009, 15:23 PM
2nd vid doesn't work, it stops at around 15 seconds of playback. Might be a problem on my end, watching on a really shity comp at work. Worth checking though.

Game: None

+
# 5ibplunderin Jun 6 2009, 15:43 PM
QUOTE(deckadents @ Jun 6 2009, 08:23 AM) *

2nd vid doesn't work, it stops at around 15 seconds of playback. Might be a problem on my end, watching on a really shity comp at work. Worth checking though.

Works for me using VLC, I checked it out with WMP just to check and it worked there too. If anything it might just be your file, re-downloading would probably help.

*just checked with Winamp and it won't play it unless you forward it a couple of seconds at the beginning... but seriously who uses winamp for video? better off to use VLC, its free and plays everything.

*edit: also, watching videos at work? I want your job sad.gif

This post has been edited by ibplunderin: Jun 6 2009, 15:44 PM

Game: League of Legends

+
# 6Umpire Jun 6 2009, 18:10 PM
Thanks for the shoutcast,

First game seems to have been more of a warm up, as in the 2:e and 3:e your really started getting
some good points about strategy, micro and in-game decisions. That is what we go for shout casts for after all, its not to hear someone state the obvious, but to hear some thoughts, theories and facts of the game.

Watching these games again makes me feel like a complete noob, as was stated through out the games by S0litude happy.gif . In my defense I had previous to these games, only played 5 - 6 ladder games with Orks, and had little knowledge in their play style and strategies.

Ps. Was I the only one that had a hard time distinguishing "The Oak" from "The Ork" when listening? tongue.gif

1239 1112 ...

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 7deckadents Jun 6 2009, 19:21 PM
QUOTE(ibplunderin @ Jun 6 2009, 17:43 PM) *
*edit: also, watching videos at work? I want your job sad.gif

Weekend shift, not much going on, trust me you don't want it.

Game: None

+
# 8Crispy Jun 7 2009, 12:07 PM
S P O I L E R S

Game #1

First match I think you got it spot on. Fast-teching is only a great strat if you A) protect your power investment and B) get your fast-teched units out as soon as humanly possible. Umpire did A) but had too big a delay on B). Spending req on Slugga reinforcements at the expense of teching to T3 and getting out the Looted Tank earlier was a bad move. He lost 30 seconds to T3 and you spent about 100 req on Sluggas when you could have started building the Loota (I'd guess that's about another 15-30 seconds). So in effect Umpire's Looted Tank could have been out 45-60 seconds earlier in the game. Looking at the map you can see that actually the Carnifex comes out about 7 seconds before the looted Tank, so what this means is that Umpire would have had 30-45 seconds of glorious uncountered Tank dominance to pull the map domination and VPs back in his favour.

Game #2
Warrior of Oak spotted the power farm early and didn't attack it until late. Taking the Slugga squads out early was good, but WoO kept putting his resources into power gens against Stikbommas instead of building more units. Losing 2 Sluggas should be devastating to the Ork player because now his key combat units have to do the capping as well as fight. I think WoO backed himself into a corner to constantly defend his power when he could have started building units and pushed the Orks back. He didn't need to be the underdog at that point, he might not have had power but he did have the same number or units and cash in the bank to spend on more to outcap his opponant.

Game #3
Not sure what Umpire thought he was doing playing one of the best 'nid players out there at his own game but while it might have a been a mirror in terms of army and commander, it wasn't a mirror in terms of experience with the 'nid army. Quite a disapppointing 3rd game.

This post has been edited by Crispy: Jun 7 2009, 12:26 PM

+
# 9CountElectric Jun 7 2009, 18:28 PM
Excellent shoutcast. Top quality players accompanied by top quality commentary.

+
# 10Riisto Jun 7 2009, 19:30 PM
Added mp3s and replays - sry for the wait.

Thanks for the comments and praises smile.gif I actually did all three games on different days, but I do feel that I'm getting more on top of things while shoutcasting as I don't have to constantly think about what saying and doing next.

Stay tuned for more(I'm a little bit behind my schedule)!

+
# 11Sirlosealot Jun 8 2009, 10:50 AM
Really enjoyed the three shoutcasts you did an awesome job. My only suggestion would be to do syncing during your cast, because on all three i ended up significantly ahead of you. Keep up the good work

+
# 12Riisto Jun 9 2009, 07:48 AM
I noticed the absense of syncing also on some of the games. I'll try to improve on that one - basic stuff that should be there.

Funny - you can see that people are downloading the first shoutcast as mp3 a lot more than the 2nd and 3rd. Same thing can be seen for example in MySpace musics - people listen the songs from the top of the list a lot more than below. I guess I'll put them into a .zip from now on smile.gif

This post has been edited by S0litude: Jun 9 2009, 07:49 AM

+
# 13WilliamBMunny Jun 9 2009, 07:54 AM
Good job, I liked em!

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)