Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

CohReplayLister

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1ThisIsKindergarten Jun 29 2009, 18:26 PM
Update on 2010-01-24: version 1.5 uploaded
As I had to go back in time to make my Virtual PC work the files from vesion 1.5 show timestamps from 2009-01-24.

CoH Replay Lister
Tired of opening dozens of replays in CoH Replay Analyzer to find that cool game you are looking for? I was and wrote CoH Replay Lister. It shows you a list with information from all CoH replays in a directory like game version, map name, and the players' names and factions so you can easily find specific replays.

It comes in three versions:
  1. Command line version
  2. Version with standard Windows GUI
  3. Version with standard Windows GUI and installer
1. Command line version (including source, CohReplayLister.zip)
CoH Replay Lister extracts information from all .rec files in it's directory and writes it to a text file. To "install" it:
  1. Download the attachment (CohReplayLister.zip)
  2. Open it for example with 7zip or WinZip
  3. Copy CohReplayLister/ConsoleApplication1/bin/Debug/CohReplayLister.exe to your replays folder (*)
  4. CoH Replay Lister requires .NET Framework 2.0 but this is installed on any recent PC. Let me know if you can't install .NET Framework 3.0 as I will otherwise only maintain CohReplayListerWithGui from now on.
*: Your replays folder is usually C:\Documents and Settings\<YourWindowsAccount>\My Files\My Games\Company of Heroes\playback.

To use it doubleclick CohReplayLister.exe. It will process the files in it's directory and create _FileList.txt. Open this file in an editor for fulltext search or in a spreadsheet program to filter for specific games.

2. Version with standard Windows GUI (including source, CohReplayListerWithGui.zip)
CohReplayListerWithGui gives you the same information as CoH Replay Lister but in a standard windows GUI:

Attached Image

Attached Image

To install it:
  1. Download the attachment (CohReplayListerWithGui.zip)
  2. Open it for example with 7zip or WinZip
  3. Copy CohReplayListerWithGui/CohReplayListerWithGui/bin/Debug/CohReplayListerWithGui.exe and WPFToolkit.dll from the same directory to your replays folder (*)
  4. CohReplayListerWithGui requires .NET Framework 3.0 SP1. If this is not installed on your PC you can download it free of charge from Microsoft.
*: Your replays folder is usually C:\Documents and Settings\<YourWindowsAccount>\My Files\My Games\Company of Heroes\playback.

As you can see in the screenshots there's some sophisticated filtering. Besides being able to specify a faction and part of a player's name (RO main or secondary account / AKA) this name is also looked up in the AKA list. And all replays with matching AKAs or their respective accounts get included in the result, too. The textbox' tooltip shows which accounts from the AKA list were used.
While you can manage your own AKA list, the idea is a central list. I will add AKAs as soon as people post them. For testing purposes I added AKAs people have in their signature. Please PM me if you want to get off that list.

3. Version with standard Windows GUI and installer (no source, CoHReplayListerSetup.zip)
Exactly the same as CohReplayListerWithGui.zip but with an installer and without the source. If prerequisites like Windows Installer 3.1 and .NET Framework 3.0 SP1 are missing, they will be downloaded from Microsoft and installed automatically. So you will just need an internet connection and some time.

To install it:
  1. Download the attachment (CoHReplayListerSetup.zip)
  2. Open it with 7zip or WinZip and doubleclick Setup.exe
  3. Accept both license agreements
  4. (Watch PC downloading various files)
  5. Click OK to reboot if Windows Installer 3.1 had to be installed
  6. (Endure endless nothing while component configuration's progressbar doesn't move at all)
  7. Click OK a few times more to install CoH Replay Lister
On a Virtual PC with a blank Windows XP SP2 installing the prerequisites took about 15 minutes.

Future
This has been a lot of fun and a lot of work, as expected. There was more fighting with WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) databinding than in Langres smile.gif. Because I have reached my goals (getting the tool and learning WPF) and there were only very few downloads recently this will be the final version. Thanks to everyone who supported my efforts.

GL & HF

// History
// 2009-07-17 (1.0.1.0):
// - Initial release
// 2009-07-18 (1.0.2.0):
// - FIXED: Missing scrollbars
// 2009-07-20 (1.0.3.0):
// - FIXED: Missing mapname
// - ADDED: Show friendly faction name
// 2009-08-06 (1.1.0.0):
// - ADDED: Show version info in title bar
// - ADDED: Custom icon
// - ADDED: Filtering including AKA support
// - ADDED: Check for WPFToolkit.dll
// - ADDED: Managing AKAs (Import, Export by file access)
// - ADDED: Directory selection
// - ADDED: Refresh
// - ADDED: Deleting replays
// 2009-08-15 (1.2.0.0):
// - FIXED: Layout issues
// - FIXED: NullReferenceException when adding aka while editing account
// - ADDED: More user friendly account management
// - ADDED: Show matching accounts and AKAs over playerNameTextBox
// - ADDED: User can copy paths and file names shown
// - ADDED: Info dialog with credits and settings file's FQN
// - ADDED: F1 help
// - ADDED: Save window sizes
// - ADDED: Installer
// 2009-09-28 (1.3.0.0):
// - ADDED: Deletion of multiple replay files
// 2009-11-22 (1.4.0.0):
// - ADDED: Recognition of 2.601 replays
// - FIXED: Remembering main window's width
// 2010-01-24 (1.5.0.0):
// - ADDED: Recognition of Soviet faction (Eastern Front Mod)

// Known issues
// No way to just remove sorting from a column
// Still fails to handle .NET < 3.0 SP1 gracefully.
// Sorting of AKA list often wrong.
// GUI freezes while playing sounds

This post has been edited by ThisIsKindergarten: Jan 24 2010, 15:53 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File CohReplayLister.zip
Size: 39.97k
Number of downloads: 72
Player Name Side Team
Attached File CohReplayListerWithGui.zip
Size: 461.65k
Number of downloads: 77
Player Name Side Team
Attached File CoHReplayListerSetup.zip
Size: 652.4k
Number of downloads: 82
Player Name Side Team

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2nin3 Jun 30 2009, 00:39 AM
This file includes information like game version and map name and the players' names and factions.

i cant see new thing. RA does all

Clan: ArX

+
# 3rgrrrr Jun 30 2009, 00:51 AM
nice!

next on your to-do list is a GUI with a list of all the games you can sort by name, map, date, version and open in RA on double click laugh.gif

thank you for your efforts, really a handy and welcomed tool.

Clan: Suck it Trebek!

Game: Achron

+
# 4TychoCelchuuu Jun 30 2009, 00:55 AM
Hah that's cool. I cleaned out all my replays when 2.6 came to us but I can imagine using this in the future.

+
# 5aramonkg Jun 30 2009, 11:51 AM
Looks good! thumb.gif

I am sure people who hoard replays will appreciate it and so will the ones making or analysing replay packs.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 6ThisIsKindergarten Jul 1 2009, 19:33 PM
Edit: merged into post #1.

This post has been edited by ThisIsKindergarten: Aug 7 2009, 11:55 AM

+
# 7ThisIsKindergarten Jul 17 2009, 15:39 PM

This post has been edited by ThisIsKindergarten: Aug 7 2009, 11:57 AM

+
# 8SpockNinja Jul 17 2009, 16:40 PM
This is awesome.

Now I know what replays to send my friends and upload.

Thank you very much, kind sir.

+
# 9aramonkg Jul 18 2009, 13:58 PM
The GUI is a welcome addition. Once again, nice work!

One thing that I noticed and bugged me is that you use the replay in-file descriptions of the factions, i.e allies, axis_panzer_elite etc. You could easily change that to show Americans, Wehrmacht, etc.

Also, you may want to separate the executable+DLL from the whole project folder, for those who just want to just use the application.

This post has been edited by aramonkg: Jul 18 2009, 14:03 PM

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 10DrJason Jul 18 2009, 14:59 PM
i will first try out but give u thanks in advance looks good so=)

+
# 11ThisIsKindergarten Jul 18 2009, 21:07 PM
QUOTE(aramonkg @ Jul 18 2009, 15:58 PM) *

The GUI is a welcome addition. Once again, nice work!

Thanks, you're welcome. And I love your shoutcasts.

One thing that I noticed and bugged me is that you use the replay in-file descriptions of the factions, i.e allies, axis_panzer_elite etc. You could easily change that to show Americans, Wehrmacht, etc.

I'm a programmer, we don't mind cryptic "output" ;-). But yes, it's a good idea and I will change this.

Also, you may want to separate the executable+DLL from the whole project folder, for those who just want to just use the application.

Thought about this, too. But saving some bytes on a download still seems not worth maintaining 2 downloads.

Quick question to everybody: While thinking about incorporating a filter for players (regardless of player slot) I had the idea of linking them to GR names / main accounts. So if you wanted to view DrHorse's games the Replay Lister would find them regardless of any smurfing.

Of course I would need some input on who's who. And also I would like to know whether anybody objects to being on that list.

So what's your opinion?

This post has been edited by ThisIsKindergarten: Jul 18 2009, 21:31 PM

+
# 12SpockNinja Jul 22 2009, 03:20 AM
Sounds good.

+
# 13Inverse Jul 22 2009, 03:26 AM
The smurf idea sounds like a lot of work. Many high-level players have three or four smurf accounts, and I'm sure they change names quite frequently. You might be able to incorporate some well-known names, but nothing too specific.

Clan: Reign of Madness

+
# 14William Judd Jul 22 2009, 03:49 AM
A similar tool for StarCraft has this 'AKAs' feature, seen in the screenshot below:

IPB Image

You can download the program and see more screens at http://bwchart.teamliquid.net/us/bwchart.php

It'd be great to put that in the program. If you had the ability to

1) Add a new smurf
2) import/export smurf lists

then I think you'd find the community would do it for you within a matter of days.

Game: Battlefield 3

+
# 15ThisIsKindergarten Jul 22 2009, 19:23 PM
QUOTE(Inverse @ Jul 22 2009, 05:26 AM) *

The smurf idea sounds like a lot of work. Many high-level players have three or four smurf accounts, and I'm sure they change names quite frequently. You might be able to incorporate some well-known names, but nothing too specific.

Yes, the list will never be complete but I think nobody would expect that anyway. My main concern is that thing growing over time ...

@VelocityGirl: Excellent idea. No ETA yet as I'm busy with RL but I guess it will be ready next week.

Sooo people start posting AKAs!

This post has been edited by ThisIsKindergarten: Jul 22 2009, 19:32 PM

+
# 16TrouserDemon Jul 22 2009, 19:29 PM
TrouserDemon AKA TrouserSmurf, HansUlrichRudel, WetFart

+
# 17William Judd Jul 23 2009, 01:39 AM
VelocityGirl. I HAVE NO SMURFS.

And, good to hear, ThisIsKindergarten. Newspost about this going up momentarily, brace for maybe a tiny bit more traffic smile.gif

+
# 18BeSerKa Jul 23 2009, 06:30 AM
For those not initiated into Visual Studio, you need to run CohReplayListerWithGui.exe from within the bin directory.

+
# 19William Judd Jul 23 2009, 06:40 AM
A good feature for version three would be a proper installation program, so that it's a bit easier for the less experienced to get running quickly.

+
# 20ThisIsKindergarten Jul 23 2009, 11:44 AM

QUOTE(VelocityGirl @ Jul 23 2009, 08:40 AM) *

A good feature for version three would be a proper installation program, so that it's a bit easier for the less experienced to get running quickly.

I take it that you don't want the installation program to just copy the files but it should at least create a menu entry and an icon on the desktop? Are those links really that useful as you have to copy downloaded replays to the replays folder anyway? People hoarding replays will therefore have a link in explorer pointing to that folder.

This post has been edited by ThisIsKindergarten: Aug 7 2009, 12:00 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)