Explore GameReplays...

Red Alert 3

Commentator Discussion Topic

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21Rhizosis Nov 6 2009, 10:08 AM
Hah! I think it was destro's twinbrother posting the reply.

Well anyways. I'll watch it later. Office is to crowded now to do leisuring wink.gif

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 22Moblin_DK Nov 6 2009, 11:12 AM
500 VOD's!!!

Man you guys have been hyperactive. I remember the staff trying to make a big deal out of VOD no. 100. Good to see that things are going great.

Funny how fast a year has gone by and yet I feel like I have to dig a little deep in my memory to recall the time I made my first VOD (Had to dig back to page 18 for that one smile.gif ).
Well if I'm to go all nostalgic (and sound pretty silly reminiscing about events, not even a year old, like they where "the good old days") then it's kind of funny to think back on when it was just me, Zer0 and Disposer all three of us having no idea what we where really doing (My first VOD as a GC). Hell back then we didn't even have a naming schema. But it was a fun time with lots of experiments (X-mas VOD anyone?).

And then somewhere along the way things got organized and the section turned into what it was today. GC's came and went (most of them far to quickly). Ichigo and Destro joined us along the way and both of them are incredible people who, along with Echo, Croutonman and Zer0 rank as the best people I've had the honour of working with here at GR. It wasn't always easy but it was almost always fun.

And now it's just a pleasure to see how active and successful this section of RED3.org has become. Big props to Designer hat who took over and has done so splendidly.

So yeah that was a fun trip down memory lane (even if it was nothing more than three steep wink.gif )

Let's hear some more smile.gif

+
# 23Destro_787 Nov 6 2009, 11:34 AM
amen Moblin, you are definately missed in the ra3 staff forums smile.gif

Dare I say, Ra3 VoDs and gamecasting are some of the best on all of GR.org, and the viewer counts do not lie!

the bar keeps getting higher and higher... I remember back when live casting was a special thing that only happend once in a blue moon (grvsuf anyone) and now it is to the point of viewers have 3+ live streams to choose from for even the smallest of tournaments. The quality of vods we see out of the newer guys like czone, blackwolf, etc etc is so beyond where gamecasting was when i first started.

Hats off to the continuous improvement and keep pushing that bar up higher fellas!

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 24Clemens Nov 6 2009, 12:57 PM
MOBLIN! Yay! I don't know if I said it (probably 100000 times tongue.gif) but you were the guy that made me want to make VoDs. You are my idol and example biggrin.gif Anywayz, put the nostalgia to good use and make another VoD sometime, you don't have to get it all, because your awesomeness makes it work tongue.gif

Game: League of Legends

+
# 25I.AM.OP Nov 6 2009, 13:19 PM
I'd never heard agm do a cast, but just from seeing that short clip of him, I must say he sounded dam professional biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by I.AM.OP: Nov 6 2009, 13:20 PM

Game: Generals 2

+
# 26PANCZASU Nov 6 2009, 18:24 PM
QUOTE(Destro_787 @ Nov 6 2009, 13:34 PM) *

Dare I say, Ra3 VoDs and gamecasting are some of the best on all of GR.org, and the viewer counts do not lie!

This! banana.gif

Also to mkae things clear: it was my fault that I didn't get into this vid as I failed to read a topic about it, if not that I could give Dstro my best VoD in a proper codec so it's all because of me!

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 27Mista Mek Nov 6 2009, 21:37 PM
QUOTE(Moblin_DK @ Nov 6 2009, 07:12 AM) *

500 VOD's!!!

Man you guys have been hyperactive. I remember the staff trying to make a big deal out of VOD no. 100. Good to see that things are going great.

Funny how fast a year has gone by and yet I feel like I have to dig a little deep in my memory to recall the time I made my first VOD (Had to dig back to page 18 for that one smile.gif ).
Well if I'm to go all nostalgic (and sound pretty silly reminiscing about events, not even a year old, like they where "the good old days") then it's kind of funny to think back on when it was just me, Zer0 and Disposer all three of us having no idea what we where really doing (My first VOD as a GC). Hell back then we didn't even have a naming schema. But it was a fun time with lots of experiments (X-mas VOD anyone?).

And then somewhere along the way things got organized and the section turned into what it was today. GC's came and went (most of them far to quickly). Ichigo and Destro joined us along the way and both of them are incredible people who, along with Echo, Croutonman and Zer0 rank as the best people I've had the honour of working with here at GR. It wasn't always easy but it was almost always fun.

And now it's just a pleasure to see how active and successful this section of RED3.org has become. Big props to Designer hat who took over and has done so splendidly.

So yeah that was a fun trip down memory lane (even if it was nothing more than three steep wink.gif )

Let's hear some more smile.gif

i still remember you did the gevon (only naval yard left) and Marky (wave force lover extrodineir)

also, too bad you didn't do DoW casts either
Mo' Dakka!!!!!

This post has been edited by Mista Mek: Nov 6 2009, 21:46 PM

+
# 28Mista Mek Nov 6 2009, 21:39 PM

+
# 29andro14 Nov 7 2009, 00:48 AM
Where can I find the video D:

+
# 30Mista Mek Nov 7 2009, 01:16 AM
QUOTE(andro14 @ Nov 6 2009, 20:48 PM) *

Where can I find the video D:

ummm...
here?

+
# 31andro14 Nov 7 2009, 01:25 AM
QUOTE(Mista Mek @ Nov 6 2009, 21:16 PM) *

ummm...
here?

The one made by Destro, the 500th VoD (but my #500 VoD is one made by Czone)

+
# 32Clemens Nov 7 2009, 07:09 AM
That is the 500th VoD, Destro made the compilation.

+
# 33Pixi Nov 8 2009, 23:53 PM
I'd just like to give a little feedback to a community which I don't belong to, at all.
I haven't bought RA3, and I've only played it a little with friends at lan, to check if it was something I'd like to play competitive .. It didn't seem like that, at the time, and as I was very disappointed back in the days where I bought C&C3 to replace Zero Hour, so I wasn't gonna buy RA3.

Some time after that I watched all of AGMs VoDs, and I must say, that they rank up there with Tasteless smile.gif
I then watched some ZeroPwnz vods, and I loved those as well (even though he can be awfully cruel to not-so-skilled players wink.gif).
I came around Moblin's vods as well, and found them .. Interesting .. But it was good to hear that someone from the Motherland was doing something for an RTS game, as most Danish players are focused around Counter-Strike smile.gif (En dansk vod ville være super nice, Moblin! biggrin.gif)

Right now, I'm watching all of Designer Hats Vods, as he is really, really good, and awfully funny to listen to.
I've learned this game only from watching vods, and I bet that I could play a pretty mean Soviet if I bought it! (Ima save my money for SC2 tho wub.gif)

So this is a big thanks, to all RA3 commentators, from someone completely off the RA3 scene.
Keep it up smile.gif

This post has been edited by Vivo: Feb 10 2010, 07:54 AM

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 34Designer Hat Nov 9 2009, 00:11 AM
wow, thanks for the kind words

: )

+
# 35Pixi Nov 9 2009, 00:20 AM
QUOTE(Designer Hat @ Nov 9 2009, 00:11 AM) *

wow, thanks for the kind words

: )

You deserve it!
I'd just like to see more from you, as you're the only caster I watch atm smile.gif

+
# 36Destro_787 Nov 9 2009, 01:45 AM
<3 dh

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 37Pixi Nov 9 2009, 02:33 AM
Destro, do you still make vods?
any vods of 1.12? : ))

+
# 38Clemens Nov 11 2009, 17:53 PM
No Destro quit doing it for some bad stupid reason sad.gif

+
# 39Ryftig Nov 11 2009, 19:37 PM
You guys should have a nostalgia week where former gamecaseters all make a VoD each.

Or just a compilation of Panczasu screaming about MiGs. That's really all I want tongue.gif

+
# 40Pixi Nov 11 2009, 20:36 PM
QUOTE(Ryftig @ Nov 11 2009, 19:37 PM) *

You guys should have a nostalgia week where former gamecaseters all make a VoD each.

Or just a compilation of Panczasu screaming about MiGs. That's really all I want tongue.gif

Legendary commentary would be nice!

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)