Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Sd.Kfz. 251 (Wehrmacht) Half-track Guide

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1The Red Comet Feb 13 2010, 18:42 PM
Discuss the Sd.Kfz. 251 (Wehrmacht) Half-track Guide here.

This post has been edited by The Red Comet: Feb 13 2010, 18:46 PM

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2Wehrwolfzug Feb 13 2010, 18:44 PM
Any linkies to the guide?

+
# 3The Red Comet Feb 13 2010, 18:50 PM
QUOTE(Wehrwolfzug @ Feb 13 2010, 11:44 AM) *

Any linkies to the guide?

It's there now. You guys are just too fast for me sometimes! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by The Red Comet: Feb 14 2010, 00:02 AM

+
# 4Benevolence Feb 13 2010, 22:16 PM
Nice write up, i love the hanomag its so useful. Especially for recrewing 88's and support weapons without retreating them \o/

This post has been edited by Benevolence: Feb 13 2010, 22:18 PM

+
# 5The Red Comet Feb 14 2010, 00:03 AM
Yeah the other day I was holding off a brit zombie horde with a King Tiger, a couple of vet 3 grens, and a half-track. Despite how much whining people do around here about zombie squads, I thought it was fun. smile.gif

+
# 6HoBo223 Feb 14 2010, 04:04 AM
That goddamn Klaus. He can never do anything right!

+
# 7Meow~ :3 Feb 14 2010, 04:29 AM
QUOTE(HoBo223 @ Feb 13 2010, 21:04 PM) *

That goddamn Klaus. He can never do anything right!

He drives like my mother -.-

Game: League of Legends

+
# 80s0k01 Feb 14 2010, 04:40 AM
Got a question regarding barrage recharge. According to figures elsewhere in GR, barrage recharge is 30 seconds. But vet1,2 and 3 each give a -10 recharge time. This would make barrage recharge instant. But this isnt correct. Anyone know what the details are on this?

+
# 9Meow~ :3 Feb 14 2010, 07:27 AM
QUOTE(0s0k01 @ Feb 13 2010, 21:40 PM) *

Got a question regarding barrage recharge. According to figures elsewhere in GR, barrage recharge is 30 seconds. But vet1,2 and 3 each give a -10 recharge time. This would make barrage recharge instant. But this isnt correct. Anyone know what the details are on this?

it was 30 seconds in 2.301, it was upped to 90 seconds in 2.4 I think.

+
# 10DaRealRocky Feb 14 2010, 10:06 AM
Wasn't it 60 seconds in 2.3?

Clan: SoldiersofLiberty

+
# 11Eupolemos Feb 14 2010, 10:58 AM
Hmm, a loving, well written and sleek-looking guide, but lacking some insights and pointers IMO. This is what I'd also have liked to have read in the article:

- Volks!; To make a HT work, you simply need 2-3 Volks. Without the, it WILL fail hard.
A HT is "NOM-NOM" for any Armored Car, so you need the PzFausts to keep them away. 3 Volks or 2 volks and a PzShrek'd Gren makes the HT work like a charm; The PzFausts deal fast, up-front damage, and any AC has to keeps its distance, letting you HT work.
IMHO, this simple advice is the most important thing to know if you want to use a HT.

- Fast deployment; Never use the "Deploy units over there" button in the HT UI (then it WILL drive like your mother). Instead, rightclick the troops you want to exit the HT and they will exit instantly, greatly improving the HT usefullness.

- AT-guns; If your US opponent has T3, never let your HT be anywhere without close shotblockers. It should always be parked at the corner of a house or hedge. AT-guns eats them fast, but this will keep your HT alive throughout the entire game unless you fuck up.

- Flammenwerfer tips; Does less damage than a Pioneer-flamer. No bonus against garisoned units, just ordinary damage like they were in open cover. Will still fire if buttoned!

The HT is what enables a Wehrmacht player to be aggressive. You can skip some supportunits (PaKs, MGs and Mortars) and roll around with an infantry-force; just don't forget, you need those Volks.
- And remember, if you can afford the sniper/HT combo, it will make US players cry smile.gif

This post has been edited by Eupolemos: Feb 14 2010, 10:59 AM

+
# 12Naeras Feb 14 2010, 13:07 PM
Angoville seems to be one of the best maps to use halftracks on if you're going the left side. Survive the early game(not too hard with two mgs and some mines), get a pak, two grens and a halftrack out, and use this and one of your MGs to slowly push into the territory of your opponent. Retreating is rarely necessary at all. If you have left a few units behind at your left side cut-off, he can either try to trade his right side for your left(and then be at a disadvantage because of VPs) or try to fight you back, which will probably fail.

+
# 13Meow~ :3 Feb 14 2010, 19:15 PM
QUOTE(Eupolemos @ Feb 14 2010, 03:58 AM) *

Hmm, a loving, well written and sleek-looking guide, but lacking some insights and pointers IMO. This is what I'd also have liked to have read in the article:

- Volks!; To make a HT work, you simply need 2-3 Volks. Without the, it WILL fail hard.
A HT is "NOM-NOM" for any Armored Car, so you need the PzFausts to keep them away. 3 Volks or 2 volks and a PzShrek'd Gren makes the HT work like a charm; The PzFausts deal fast, up-front damage, and any AC has to keeps its distance, letting you HT work.
IMHO, this simple advice is the most important thing to know if you want to use a HT.

Uhm? I just use a shreck and or a pak, and i did cover the fact that t3 pwns it...

- Fast deployment; Never use the "Deploy units over there" button in the HT UI (then it WILL drive like your mother). Instead, rightclick the troops you want to exit the HT and they will exit instantly, greatly improving the HT usefullness.

I've never tried anything but what you're saying here so sorry if i missed a slower way to do things.

- AT-guns; If your US opponent has T3, never let your HT be anywhere without close shotblockers. It should always be parked at the corner of a house or hedge. AT-guns eats them fast, but this will keep your HT alive throughout the entire game unless you fuck up.

Covered. When the AT comes out i like to get a stuka to fuck around with them, most us players will try to overextend their AT to kill it.

- Flammenwerfer tips; Does less damage than a Pioneer-flamer. No bonus against garisoned units, just ordinary damage like they were in open cover. Will still fire if buttoned!

I'm pretty sure it owns trenches anyway, all i ever use it for, it's not that great an upgrade thanks for the insight though.

The HT is what enables a Wehrmacht player to be aggressive. You can skip some supportunits (PaKs, MGs and Mortars) and roll around with an infantry-force; just don't forget, you need those Volks.
- And remember, if you can afford the sniper/HT combo, it will make US players cry smile.gif

Ht isnt enough to let you roll around the map with volks IMO. you gotta have srs AT. Fausts cost an arm and a leg and good players can negate it with range.

Sniper ht is good, but not that good, takes a long ass time to get in and out.

Thanks for the input though man.

This post has been edited by Eural: Feb 14 2010, 19:20 PM

+
# 14hock3yl1f3 Feb 15 2010, 01:46 AM
great guide! well written and basically includes almost everything there is to it.

+
# 15Schmieds Feb 15 2010, 02:36 AM
Awesome, it pretty much covers everything. I <3 using the HT to save my squads at the last second when I should retreat them.tongue.gif

+
# 16Eupolemos Feb 17 2010, 00:35 AM
QUOTE(Eural @ Feb 14 2010, 21:15 PM) *

Ht isnt enough to let you roll around the map with volks IMO. you gotta have srs AT. Fausts cost an arm and a leg and good players can negate it with range.

Thanks for the input though man.

Fausts are a good option against the first M8. 3 fausts for an upgraded M8 is a good deal. It is true that they can stay at a distance, but that lets your HT stay alive, which was the point I tried to make. The reason I mention the 3 volks is that you get mobility & AT early in one simple package, something you cannot get with a PaK; more offensive manpower = nice. You can go 3*volks, HT, 2*grens and then whatever - let's you have more troops than if you invest in the bugged PaK.

QUOTE(Eural @ Feb 14 2010, 21:15 PM) *

I've never tried anything but what you're saying here so sorry if i missed a slower way to do things.

Well, most people use the UI or hotkeys, so many won't know that there's a faster way.

Anyways, didn't mean to offend you in any way, just wanted to add some extra candy smile.gif

+
# 17hock3yl1f3 Feb 17 2010, 02:44 AM
QUOTE(Eupolemos @ Feb 16 2010, 19:35 PM) *

Fausts are a good option against the first M8. 3 fausts for an upgraded M8 is a good deal. It is true that they can stay at a distance, but that lets your HT stay alive, which was the point I tried to make. The reason I mention the 3 volks is that you get mobility & AT early in one simple package, something you cannot get with a PaK; more offensive manpower = nice. You can go 3*volks, HT, 2*grens and then whatever - let's you have more troops than if you invest in the bugged PaK.

i agree, 3 volks and 2 shrecked grens should be more than enough to ward off even a couple M8's. maybe not totally kill them, but give your HT some breathing room. though i would maybe get a PAK for some serious AT instead of one of those grens. you should have grens from your medbunker anyway.

This post has been edited by hock3yl1f3: Feb 17 2010, 02:47 AM

+
# 18Leotto Feb 17 2010, 11:23 AM
Always with the grens, you silly silly people...

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)