Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

telehexa, i may have a soloution

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21Eph2.8-9 May 11 2010, 15:00 PM
QUOTE(Green_ZERO @ May 11 2010, 01:26 AM) *

You can't just sit back and tech yourself, you have to put pressure on the traveler player. AP ammo wolves are great against them, don't go heavy on titans though just get a few to mix in. Orcas and maybe two or three rocket hammerheads for fast support, don't lose them unnecessarily though. Capture tech buildings and keep the map heavily scouted and make sure you cut of their scouts.

The aim of all this is map control, keep control of the map and the traveler player will have to take risks when expanding as they won't be able to see much of the map, this works great on decision. Although when you do get your tech up firehawks are important but don't go heavy on them, don't waste time with mammoths because they are too slow for the hex and often end up being captured by cultists. Instead, go behemoths and garrison rifles and rockets into them, keep up the air but only use it for support.

Again, there lots to say, just keep your unit count high and try to hit them where it hurts.

No Mammoths? I always go Mammoths when playing Scrin, just rely on Hammerheads for anti-Cultist duty. Of course, you're the better player, but the last time I massed Juggs vs. Scrin, they just teleported the Hex into them.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 22awfuljustic3 May 13 2010, 15:39 PM
the titans/wolv mix will kill any scrin unit before he gets tripods but he will need to retreat his harvs from damage, giving you the eco advantage, crank out a marv for meatshield and detech the scrin player, wolvs are suprisingly good at killing scrin structures, so double warf tier 1 spam him.

+
# 23Eph2.8-9 May 13 2010, 20:10 PM
QUOTE(awfuljustic3 @ May 13 2010, 10:39 AM) *

the titans/wolv mix will kill any scrin unit before he gets tripods but he will need to retreat his harvs from damage, giving you the eco advantage, crank out a marv for meatshield and detech the scrin player, wolvs are suprisingly good at killing scrin structures, so double warf tier 1 spam him.

Have you forgotten about Stormriders? 4 of them can kill Wolverines pretty fast, while a simple Portal and some Disintegrators will clean up your expensive, slow Titans once the Wolverines are gone. It's pretty standard for Scrin to go Stormriders quickly these days for harass/defending against Orcas/Hammerheads. You'll need Pitbulls and Slingshots, and even that doesn't guarantee success until Tungsten. By which time you'll be looking at a Hexapod. If you had APCs, the Stormriders wouldn't be as much of a problem, as AP APCs deal with them pretty nicely, but the over-specialized Stalons army is screwed on that front too.

Furthermore, your MARV is useless, 2 or 3 Tripods can guarantee its death. Spend your money elsewhere unless you can get 5K from running over a Tib Field to make up for it.

+
# 24asdf999 May 15 2010, 07:22 AM
i thought stormriders failed vs apcs and/or rocketmen

This post has been edited by asdf999: May 15 2010, 07:22 AM

+
# 25cnc315d34d May 15 2010, 07:35 AM
stormriders fail vs just about everything as long as you know theyre coming

+
# 26Gromij May 15 2010, 07:58 AM
QUOTE(asdf999 @ May 15 2010, 17:22 PM) *

i thought stormriders failed vs apcs and/or rocketmen

ST doesnt get apcs, and rockets are always a fickle choice vs scrin IMO (swarm)

stormriders will work well if your opponent is pushing you with wolves/titans or using low tier air units like orcas or hammerheads, since it will force them to make pits/slings instead.

gz and i deal with scrins very differently.. i make pitbulls as standard so storms wont work vs that obviously tongue.gif

+
# 27stoochie Aug 17 2010, 09:30 AM
hexapod? ha!

just counter with combat engis =P

+
# 28Chr1st14n Aug 19 2010, 15:38 PM
Stoochie's strategy will definitely work better than anything n00b Green Zero can come up with. numchuks.gif

+
# 29GoldenFrog Mar 30 2011, 09:12 AM
If they had the hexa just send a hammerhead or two with rifelmen and AP upgrade to assasinate the prodgi

and during the healing of the hexa if it escaped with wormhole attack the base of that scrin and try to destroy the command center and the air ports , then just eat his base slowly

+
# 301749 Apr 19 2012, 03:54 AM
enough behemoth kills everything
use marv + mammoth for meat shield while behemoth powerhouses
spread out your behemoth so he doesn't crush them and have enough mammoth to deal severe damage if he tries to
id had some success v trav lategame cause his hexapods get hit extremely hard every attempt it makes torward my army. I wore him down with firehawks killing whatever i can forcing him to heavily defend from air raids and become vulnerable to steamroll

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 31koteban Sep 23 2016, 17:34 PM
the solution is simple...

be the tricky one ))

only way to kill scrin - kill their refineries with 8 firehawks, the strato fighter upgrade turns them into "untouchable glass super cannons"

fly directly in, target refineries with a group of four, scrin looses half economy ... rearm and repeat... no economy, no scrin spam

finally when his commando is stationary 3 firehawks can finish him, no more teleporting hexapod. His only way out is the stasis + phase field and building a new commando...

Suicide missions with AP hammer heads... send the orca strike, time the hammerheads so that his AA only fires at orcas, Hammerheads have enough time to finish the mastermind.

15 Titans with rail guns give the hex hard time, Hex can only target one or two... titans fire continuously and can follow the retreating hex efficiently.

16-20 orcas do hurt epics real bad... huge investment but HEX will not want to mess with you.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)