Explore GameReplays...

Left 4 Dead

[Contest] La Veirre (2)

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Spankyy May 14 2010, 16:04 PM
La Veirre 2.0 this is a conversion of La Veirre, thus means the same theme only with alot of changes! didnt want to make it as a big balance fix/update, better to make a look-alike map!

Map has no loading screen!
*3x VP
----------
*2x 5muni
*4x 10muni
*2x 16muni
----------> 72 muni
*2x 5fuel
*2x 10fuel
----------> 30 fuel
4x manp. points!

*Playable size 256x256
*Map size 512x512

As allies move closer to a town called La Veirre, they find themselves surrounded by mg-nests and town that is over taken by the Wehrmact/Panzer Elites forces. Fast action with alot of ways to flank, this small town has it all and might rewrite the history as we know it!

Pictures:
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Map file:
Attached File La_Veirre__2__conversion.zip
Size: 8.69mb
Number of downloads: 242
Player Name Side Team

This post has been edited by Spankzor: May 22 2010, 19:53 PM

Clan: Wheres My Demo

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 2dcw May 24 2010, 02:02 AM
Locking thread... for purposes of this contest no further changes are allowed to the submitted map.

Please discuss any comments about this map in the main contest forum

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 3AmiPolizeiFunk Jan 29 2012, 10:13 AM
Unlocked. Let the discussion resume.

What do people think of that mega-cutoff strat point? Too much? How could this map be improved for competitive play?

Clan: Reborn

+
# 4RunToTheSun Jan 29 2012, 12:36 PM
Ok , the cut-offs sectors need a redesign imo.
My first advice would be to connect the + 5 fuel points to the base and have the cutoff only cutting off the rhs and not the +5 fuel and the +16 amo ( in that case i would exchange the +16 ammo with a +10 and maybe add a +5 twice somewhere else on the map ), but im not expirienced with mapmaking .
I will try to give more feedback after i played some games

This post has been edited by RunToTheSun: Jan 29 2012, 12:45 PM

Clan: Allstars

+
# 5GENERALHELL Jan 29 2012, 14:38 PM
This map has good potential. Played it few times, couple of months ago. If any1 wants a game on this map add me on x-fire: generalhell1 wink.gif

+
# 6Spankyy Jan 29 2012, 14:39 PM
i can do all the necessary changes! so keep the criticism high.

+
# 7DevM Jan 29 2012, 17:02 PM
I will test this later on.

+
# 8Naeras Jan 31 2012, 19:39 PM
I played two games with Arne, and there's one thing that became abundantly clear: this map seems too small. If a Wehrmacht player gets a good foothold in the middle, even with the shot-blocking cover and stuff, getting around is really hard. The fuels are, thankfully, easily harassable, but that's offset somewhat by how strong Wehr infantry+defensive doc seems to be on this map. The result is that all the fighting happens in the middle, and there are so many good mine- and wire spots that getting off a good attack is close to impossible. Also, with all the fighting focused in the middle, a fast M8 is close to useless.

I like the layout overall: it looks good, has a decent amount of flanking routes and potential harassment, but with Wehr only needing to push straight forward towards cut-offs, it gets overshadowed. I think the map would be better served with having base sectors in the top/bottom corners instead of in the middle, that in itself would open up a lot of options because a simple linear base-to-base-push would be harder. Increasing the overall size of the map by a bit wouldn't hurt either, if that's possible.

+
# 912azor Jan 31 2012, 19:41 PM
Increasing the size seems a wise idea. The base sector move might work but I'd have to see it to tell really.

Clan: EPIC

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 10Spankyy Feb 1 2012, 07:46 AM
The map size has always been a problem with this map. It is 256x256 atm, so if id make it 320x320 like semois...dont know how it will look then.
Perhaps 320x256, so it will look like a longer map.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)