Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

Drummer Trolls Tip of the Week

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Deth Jul 1 2010, 18:55 PM
Discuss the Drummer Trolls Tip by Kullen here!

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 2snleahy55 Jul 1 2010, 18:55 PM
or not they suck. Rather spend money else where

+
# 3snleahy55 Jul 1 2010, 18:58 PM
Oh k im sorry just read tip. I guess you could use drummer trolls but still looks like burden imo. Good tips tho:]

+
# 4Aberrance` Jul 1 2010, 19:06 PM
Drummers can be pretty amazing vs facs like Elves, so long as they go light on LW.

+
# 5RanDoM'L0L Jul 4 2010, 20:44 PM
I love Drummers mainly in Mordor vs Mordor mirror !

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 6Lucifer_IV Jul 5 2010, 14:31 PM
in mordor mirror i'd prefer picking all tier 1 palantir powers instead of making trolls at all

+
# 7Deth Jul 5 2010, 16:45 PM
QUOTE(Lucifer_IV @ Jul 5 2010, 15:31 PM) *

in mordor mirror i'd prefer picking all tier 1 palantir powers instead of making trolls at all

You're much better off going Land > Industry > Bombard > Rog. I only ever get other tier 1 powers after Rog or if I really need them, for example, I'm getting demo rushed and I need war chant to kill the demo before it kills my fort.

But apart from them rare cases, you should always get land imo, then industry.

+
# 8Crabby Lobster Jul 5 2010, 17:26 PM
QUOTE(Deth @ Jul 5 2010, 11:45 AM) *

You're much better off going Land > Industry > Bombard > Rog. I only ever get other tier 1 powers after Rog or if I really need them, for example, I'm getting demo rushed and I need war chant to kill the demo before it kills my fort.

But apart from them rare cases, you should always get land imo, then industry.

He means that he would rather get them than build a drummer troll.

Game: League of Legends

+
# 9Lucifer_IV Jul 6 2010, 07:05 AM
not really, i always get eye in mordor mirror after land. it helps me a lot with preventing unexpectedness. i wouldn't wanna see muma coming out of nowhere when i'm not ready for it. u see in my opinion u can predict any movement of ur enemy unless he's got mordor cuz this faction gives so damn many things to choose from and u never know what ur opponent will do next. casting land that will get covered buy his one all the time is not an option IMO. eye is a good scouting option + it gives you advantage in diff. battles. anyways i don't know why people are scared to pick all tier 1 palantir powers b4 they go to next level, it gives u a lot of advantage (unless it's healing). i do the same with isengard mirror, with dwarves i'm always forced to get rebuild power etc. and drummer trolls are very interesting option but not worth the time you spend on getting em IMO

+
# 10RanDoM'L0L Jul 6 2010, 14:27 PM
Drumers can give you advantage in some battle thx 50% armor when they cost just 400(like unupgraded cors from one tavern) ...and the units in battle are almost the same..

+
# 11Crabby Lobster Jul 6 2010, 16:45 PM
QUOTE(Lucifer_IV @ Jul 6 2010, 02:05 AM) *

not really, i always get eye in mordor mirror after land. it helps me a lot with preventing unexpectedness. i wouldn't wanna see muma coming out of nowhere when i'm not ready for it. u see in my opinion u can predict any movement of ur enemy unless he's got mordor cuz this faction gives so damn many things to choose from and u never know what ur opponent will do next. casting land that will get covered buy his one all the time is not an option IMO. eye is a good scouting option + it gives you advantage in diff. battles. anyways i don't know why people are scared to pick all tier 1 palantir powers b4 they go to next level, it gives u a lot of advantage (unless it's healing). i do the same with isengard mirror, with dwarves i'm always forced to get rebuild power etc. and drummer trolls are very interesting option but not worth the time you spend on getting em IMO

I suppose a lesser skilled player might need the eye for such things. If you play really well, your opponent shouldn't be able to get a mumakil out of nowhere or anything. First, you should be able to keep their economy weak enough so that they would be dying when they spend all those resources on a muma or w/e else he may be making. Second, you should have the map properly scouted so that backdoors won't work and you will know when he has a muma pen, troll cage, or w/e else. You can also counter most of these weapons Mordor has just by building a Fellbeast as soon as you effectively can, instead of using 5 PP on EoS.

QUOTE(RanDoM-L0L_CzE @ Jul 6 2010, 09:27 AM) *

Drumers can give you advantage in some battle thx 50% armor when they cost just 400(like unupgraded cors from one tavern) ...and the units in battle are almost the same..

They also require a level two troll cage, which is expensive, are slow and slow down your units, and promote a defensive style of play where you have your whole army together, which is mostly ineffective. They're alright sometimes, but they aren't very useful in most situations. Their fear power is just as good as their LD btw.

+
# 12RanDoM'L0L Jul 6 2010, 17:58 PM
Hmm...you are maybe true(not maybe okay biggrin.gif ) ...but i still like them in mordor mirror ... i think it just give me an advantage when i have to defense my base ...but you are true it makes my army slower but stronger wink.gif

+
# 13BFME2-TAR-KULLEN Jul 6 2010, 18:08 PM
Yeah.. they are not seen alot because of their speed... and their build cost... (Troll Cage, lvl 2) .. but can be quite useful smile.gif

This post has been edited by BFME2-TAR-KULLEN: Jul 6 2010, 18:09 PM

+
# 14Lucifer_IV Jul 7 2010, 12:27 PM
QUOTE(Desktipper @ Jul 6 2010, 16:45 PM) *

I suppose a lesser skilled player might need the eye for such things. If you play really well, your opponent shouldn't be able to get a mumakil out of nowhere or anything. First, you should be able to keep their economy weak enough so that they would be dying when they spend all those resources on a muma or w/e else he may be making. Second, you should have the map properly scouted so that backdoors won't work and you will know when he has a muma pen, troll cage, or w/e else. You can also counter most of these weapons Mordor has just by building a Fellbeast as soon as you effectively can, instead of using 5 PP on EoS.

well first of all: a lesser skilled player is me, i guess. not arguing, i'm learning and soon i'll be a pretty good player, be sure
second: i noticed everyone says bout harassment, keeping his enemy at bay etc. but in fact (i've watched a bunch of replays by very good players) the one who is able to surprise his enemy is the one who'll win the game. and if u are not able to "bring ur muma out of nowhere" then u're just not good enough. i do play vs noobs sometimes but i also try to play really professional players as often as possible and i have to use everything i can to make my chances higher bcuz otherwise what am i supposed to do? to use those strategies u've listed in ur strategy forums? everyone know em, why would i use something my enemy knows as good as i do? my current mentor says that corsair rush is an awesome weapon for mordor early game. do i use it? no. but i know that when i'll play vs him or vs someone else, he'll expect me to rush sairs and that's when i'll "bring my muma out of nowhere". i hope u're not one of those guys who thinks that u know bout this game everything?
eye of sauron helps me a lot in mordor mirror, why would i stop using it?
and no way in hell i'll ever make trolls cage in mordor mirror

+
# 15Crabby Lobster Jul 7 2010, 16:13 PM
QUOTE(Lucifer_IV @ Jul 7 2010, 07:27 AM) *

well first of all: a lesser skilled player is me, i guess. not arguing, i'm learning and soon i'll be a pretty good player, be sure
second: i noticed everyone says bout harassment, keeping his enemy at bay etc. but in fact (i've watched a bunch of replays by very good players) the one who is able to surprise his enemy is the one who'll win the game. and if u are not able to "bring ur muma out of nowhere" then u're just not good enough. i do play vs noobs sometimes but i also try to play really professional players as often as possible and i have to use everything i can to make my chances higher bcuz otherwise what am i supposed to do? to use those strategies u've listed in ur strategy forums? everyone know em, why would i use something my enemy knows as good as i do? my current mentor says that corsair rush is an awesome weapon for mordor early game. do i use it? no. but i know that when i'll play vs him or vs someone else, he'll expect me to rush sairs and that's when i'll "bring my muma out of nowhere". i hope u're not one of those guys who thinks that u know bout this game everything?
eye of sauron helps me a lot in mordor mirror, why would i stop using it?
and no way in hell i'll ever make trolls cage in mordor mirror

Mumakil aren't worth making in mirrors. I don't get why anyone would choose making muma to making a Fellbeast. If you need help taking a fort, buy a ram, which is much cheaper, or get FB, which is more cost effective. If you want something to surprise the opponent and win the game, make a Fellbeast.

EoS won't help you at all, if the opponent is smart enough to make a Fellbeast. If they're making a muma pen, you should either be on the offensive and see it without the eye or you should be building a Fell, which will own a muma. If you aren't do either of these, you're probably getting outplayed anyway and deserve lose the game.

This is what I meant by my first post.

+
# 16Lucifer_IV Jul 8 2010, 09:00 AM
u gotta be kidding me... i put "" just to say that "bring muma out of nowhere" = to make any unexpected step that will help you. i did not mean mumakil only lol... srsly man was it hard to understand? smile.gif

+
# 17BFME2-TAR-KULLEN Jul 8 2010, 13:49 PM
Fellbeast does > Mumakil but,
Mumakil > Buildings and heroes, and they should be a great help.. with the element of surprise. If your enemy knows, they will most likely render useless, ass he will probly get fell, spears etc.

+
# 18Crabby Lobster Jul 8 2010, 16:13 PM
QUOTE(Lucifer_IV @ Jul 8 2010, 04:00 AM) *

u gotta be kidding me... i put "" just to say that "bring muma out of nowhere" = to make any unexpected step that will help you. i did not mean mumakil only lol... srsly man was it hard to understand? smile.gif

What else does Mordor have that you would need to counter right away that the eye will reveal? You already said that trolls suck in mirrors. You won't see any heroes coming with the eye. Pikes, corsairs, archers, and other units are easily countered.

+
# 19njrage Jul 11 2010, 18:00 PM
Proper harrasement = vision on their base.
Proper expantion = vision on your suroundings.
Mumakill shoudn't be a surprise. If its a mordor mirror most people get corsairs, fire lame on mumakil is a waste of a mumakil. Not sure if you guys went over these points because i was too lazy to read the paragraphs lol sorry.

Eye of sauron is sorta a waste because your goal is to get better powers as the game progresses. Rog is much better over Reign of Fire (or w.e its called) because there is more potential to kill yout oponent with it. bombard is better then wyrm cuz wyrm can be tricky to use sometimes as it has a mind of its own at times especialy offhost. Bombard is simple and effective mid game or vs troops its an easy way to make someone mad. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by njrage: Jul 11 2010, 18:13 PM

+
# 20BFME2-TAR-KULLEN Jul 11 2010, 21:46 PM
rage the smarty pants

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)