Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

What makes Isen the BEST?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1snleahy55 Jul 3 2010, 12:47 PM
I am a noob Isen player. I have been tryin out all kinds of factions to see wich one i like and isen is pretty sweet. So what makes them better then all others.

+
# 2Crabby Lobster Jul 3 2010, 15:59 PM
Isengard is generally the weakest faction. Their units are more expensive than they are strong, furnaces are ridiculously weak, and wargs die fast to everything. The only thing they really have going for them is harassment, because their units are fast, and wildmen summon. FB Wargs with Berserkers are good for destroying fortresses and Isengard has solid heroes too, but these are expensive and it can be hard to get them, since furnaces are so weak.

This post has been edited by Desktipper: Jul 3 2010, 16:00 PM

Game: League of Legends

+
# 3NexusStrikes Jul 3 2010, 17:53 PM
I wouldn't call isen the weakest faction, but really unbalanced compared to others. Isengard is my personal favorite. One extremely horrid downside to isengard is their weak economy. Furnaces fall like twigs. But if you keep your furns up, you will find that isengard has a great mid-late game with some of the best upgrades in the game. Wargs arent that bad, i mean, decent cavalry is better then no cavalry. They work fine against elves. But again, i can't stress how unbalanced i realized this game can be. A nightmare mu for me when im isen is facing men. Double rax sog rush means a good game for you(good game as in good game, loser). Isen is still what i think the coolest faction, but early game can be a pain in da ass.

This post has been edited by NexusStrikes: Jul 3 2010, 22:16 PM

Game: Kings and Castles

+
# 4snleahy55 Jul 3 2010, 20:34 PM
nice thx. This helps alot.

+
# 5Elrol Jul 19 2010, 23:05 PM
I find that Isengard is a relitively strange faction to play, and the cause i would suppose would be the imbalances of its various Match Ups. Although i would say, if played right, it become one of the stronger factions and you can easily cover up those imbalances, but that can be tricky. Since the furnaces are the weakest RB's in the game, your stuck between using your units to defend and to harrass. Its a faction that simply requires much more micro than some of the others and knowledge of unit mixing. Once you've learned how to properly use your units and defend with them, its a fairly powerful faction tbh.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 6Crabby Lobster Jul 19 2010, 23:25 PM
QUOTE(NexusStrikes @ Jul 3 2010, 12:53 PM) *

I wouldn't call isen the weakest faction, but really unbalanced compared to others. Isengard is my personal favorite. One extremely horrid downside to isengard is their weak economy. Furnaces fall like twigs. But if you keep your furns up, you will find that isengard has a great mid-late game with some of the best upgrades in the game. Wargs arent that bad, i mean, decent cavalry is better then no cavalry. They work fine against elves. But again, i can't stress how unbalanced i realized this game can be. A nightmare mu for me when im isen is facing men. Double rax sog rush means a good game for you(good game as in good game, loser). Isen is still what i think the coolest faction, but early game can be a pain in da ass.

Isen isn't actually that bad vs Men. Uruk rush and then warg harassment does quite well vs them tbh. Isen vs Mordor and Gobs are a lot worse than Isen vs Men.

QUOTE(Elrol @ Jul 19 2010, 18:05 PM) *

I find that Isengard is a relitively strange faction to play, and the cause i would suppose would be the imbalances of its various Match Ups. Although i would say, if played right, it become one of the stronger factions and you can easily cover up those imbalances, but that can be tricky. Since the furnaces are the weakest RB's in the game, your stuck between using your units to defend and to harrass. Its a faction that simply requires much more micro than some of the others and knowledge of unit mixing. Once you've learned how to properly use your units and defend with them, its a fairly powerful faction tbh.

You can't cover up imbalanced like how ridiculously weak Furnaces are. There is no way that Isengard can ever be one of the stronger factions. They can be a mediocre faction at best and only if you get to wildmen summon and are able to spam and get upgrades and heroes.

Game: League of Legends

+
# 7Aberrance` Jul 22 2010, 02:59 AM
QUOTE(snleahy55 @ Jul 3 2010, 08:47 AM) *

I am a noob Isen player. I have been tryin out all kinds of factions to see wich one i like and isen is pretty sweet. So what makes them better then all others.

The 15PP Fuel the Fires. You can literally begin to build stuff faster than you can spend your cash.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)