Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

Ways to survive a men rush

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1NeptunianEmp Aug 1 2010, 18:30 PM
I have been trainging with this one guy and when he uses men, he does a men rush. First two farms then two barracks and spams men We do this on Fords of Isen. I usually build two mines and some guardians. He sends one team of regular men to kill my first mine and while my guardians are busy killing the first men squad, he sends the other one to kill my other mine. what should I do to counter this men rush?

+
# 2Turbo` Aug 1 2010, 22:54 PM
fast bws and guardian charge + keep him busy, creep, spam offtuns... he will need a lot of his SoGs to defend when ur really aggressive

This post has been edited by Airsupreme: Aug 1 2010, 22:56 PM

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 3NeptunianEmp Aug 2 2010, 00:04 AM
QUOTE(Airsupreme @ Aug 1 2010, 22:54 PM) *

fast bws and guardian charge + keep him busy, creep, spam offtuns... he will need a lot of his SoGs to defend when ur really aggressive

Thanks for that, now what should I do to recover from his first attack on my mines

+
# 4MasterOfPhate Aug 2 2010, 00:30 AM
You should creep on the Fords of Isen, don't start with two mines. Use the first build order in the Dwarves vs Men Guide

+
# 5Crabby Lobster Aug 2 2010, 01:37 AM
Guardian rush and follow up with fast wagons. Wagons in the tunnel system, without MoD upgrade, should be all you need for defense. Just take them out and crush soldiers. Level two guardians tear apart TGs, if he tries mixing them.

Game: League of Legends

+
# 6MasterOfPhate Aug 2 2010, 04:25 AM
I suppose you could Guardian rush. But I like creeping better, but maybe thats just me. If you are facing a random that turns out to be men you won't know to Guardian rush so you should know how to deal with it while creeping anyways.

+
# 7Crabby Lobster Aug 2 2010, 05:17 AM
I suppose creep gets you faster wagons. Guardian rushing can rly put men behind tho, if it works. Creeping also risks creep steals, which would be gg for men.

+
# 8MasterOfPhate Aug 2 2010, 06:14 AM
ofc a creepsteal would be bad, it is all part of the risk. You could say that they would have plenty of soldiers out with a dual rax to find your forward mine before you can get your Guardians out.

+
# 9Crabby Lobster Aug 2 2010, 14:09 PM
QUOTE(MasterOfPhate @ Aug 2 2010, 01:14 AM) *

ofc a creepsteal would be bad, it is all part of the risk. You could say that they would have plenty of soldiers out with a dual rax to find your forward mine before you can get your Guardians out.

No. If you start two mine, you should have guardians coming out of the mine around the same time they get their first soldiers. You should probably actually have a second guardian in your mine, by the time their soldiers can get there, ofc that depends on where you built your mine tho.

+
# 10NeptunianEmp Aug 2 2010, 19:16 PM
Ok Now what if he sends out boro with horn when I am sendng guardians and bw to his base

+
# 11Turbo` Aug 2 2010, 21:21 PM
split ur units....
l

+
# 12Crabby Lobster Aug 2 2010, 22:08 PM
QUOTE(NeptunianEmp @ Aug 2 2010, 14:16 PM) *

Ok Now what if he sends out boro with horn when I am sendng guardians and bw to his base

If he's attacking or defending with Boro? Whatever you do, don't just feed the opponent your units. BW MoD continue firing after the horn, so making lots of them works good.

+
# 13Calanar Aug 5 2010, 01:05 AM
QUOTE(d3sktipper^ @ Aug 2 2010, 05:17 AM) *

I suppose creep gets you faster wagons. Guardian rushing can rly put men behind tho, if it works. Creeping also risks creep steals, which would be gg for men.

If you take the closest 1 not in the middle (read, the 1 at the side which leads to the troll), MotW have to change their BO entirely to creepsteal. This only happens if they a) know exactly where you creep or b) when you have the macro of a snail with astma. Its usually B that gets you creepstolen in combination with A.

Seriously, he needs to take a DIRECT route to that creep, and he cant stop ONCE to creepsteal you if you take that creep with a 1 tunnel 1 how pike fw mine start. Add in rc and it should be to close to be possible. In 1.06, rc is back so fast its not a severe loss to use it for creeping.

+
# 14Crabby Lobster Aug 5 2010, 03:46 AM
QUOTE(Calanar @ Aug 4 2010, 20:05 PM) *

If you take the closest 1 not in the middle (read, the 1 at the side which leads to the troll), MotW have to change their BO entirely to creepsteal. This only happens if they a) know exactly where you creep or b) when you have the macro of a snail with astma. Its usually B that gets you creepstolen in combination with A.

Seriously, he needs to take a DIRECT route to that creep, and he cant stop ONCE to creepsteal you if you take that creep with a 1 tunnel 1 how pike fw mine start. Add in rc and it should be to close to be possible. In 1.06, rc is back so fast its not a severe loss to use it for creeping.

I wasn't speaking only about the first creep. He might also steal your second creep. Ofc, it's also easier for you to secure the second creep with distractions, guardians with the pike, etc.

+
# 15Calanar Aug 6 2010, 00:40 AM
Bingo, saves me the trouble of posting.
Ill add in that that first creep is vital, lays off the stress of your early eco and with the second 1, you should able to get your first wagon. First creep allows you to have the units to take the second creep without any real difficulties.

This post has been edited by Calanar: Aug 6 2010, 00:42 AM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)