Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

Little Problem with Mordor.

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1MoonSong Aug 22 2010, 08:41 AM
I just started to play online and i really like mordor(and dwarves) and i like to play with them.I usually harass with orcs but i was wondering...the corsairs are a good attack power? i should attack with them more then with orcs?they are good for using early in game?(or in what situations?).i think they are good to use agaisnt elves(fire bombs) but i dont know more about using them.Can someone help me please?

btw:my strategy=Orcs Harassement+Easterling,a troll cage upgrade fast and when i can a fellbeast(witch-king) and the match is mine...with fellbeast i atk fast,destroy some Economy buildings and the return.is pretty easy to win when u have one.if someone has some good tips:P

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 2Turbo` Aug 22 2010, 09:14 AM
always start with corsairs and harass with them, get a quick nazgul vs elves and men... maybe get him a little bit later vs all other factions.. id say fell is only good vs goblins and dwarves... get fast forged blades for ur corsairs and try to mix in pikes if ur opponent is going for cav. Mouth of sauron is also a good choice, especially in a mordormirror since he can nearly one-hit a fell with his lvl 4 ability.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 3Crabby Lobster Aug 22 2010, 13:58 PM
I always start with two or three taverns and spam. If the opponent makes cavalry, build one or two palaces to counter. Get Nazguls when it feels like you need them. I try to avoid getting them, so I can focus more on unit harassment, but they're often needed vs Men and Elves to counter archers and sword/cavalry harassment. Trolls are generally not worth it, more corsair/pike and forged blades is better. I don't normally get a Fellbeast, but you should get one when you really need to force the opponent to fix archers, due to overwhelming spam/harassment or something.

This post has been edited by d3sktipper^: Aug 22 2010, 13:59 PM

Game: League of Legends

+
# 4^NeXuS^ Aug 23 2010, 17:44 PM
You guys dont orc spam? No doubt that corsairs are very strong when you rush them but orcs>elves? No one? I still find myself going Sh-Sh-pit-Sh-pit-pit when im facing elves. Just an easy win. Then i get naz and mix in pikes and corsairs.

+
# 5Crabby Lobster Aug 23 2010, 20:53 PM
I don't orc spam on 1.06. I just prefer corsairs for speed.

+
# 6^NeXuS^ Aug 23 2010, 21:01 PM
QUOTE(d3sktipper^ @ Aug 23 2010, 12:53 PM) *

I don't orc spam on 1.06. I just prefer corsairs for speed.

ahh i see.

+
# 7MoonSong Aug 24 2010, 12:00 PM
thx for the tips guys.and something else if u dont mind...i was wondering..the forest maps are good for elves..they are maps good for mordor/dwarves?(what maps can give them an terrain advantage or something like that).

+
# 8Crabby Lobster Aug 24 2010, 13:51 PM
For Mordor - The bigger the map, the better.

Dwarves are good on just about any map. They're best on maps with lots of outposts tho.

+
# 9Turbo` Aug 24 2010, 17:16 PM
mordor is good on maps like dunland or fords of isen II, yea pretty much like desktipper said... the bigger the map, the better. for dwarves id say, maps with many many creeps.
and i also never get orcs, i think they r useless compared to cors

+
# 10VeNeNo` Aug 24 2010, 21:48 PM
Nexus post is not so wrong.
Actually you should go orcs in mordor mirror.And also elves and motw orcs are better then corsaires imo.
Never againts dwarves ofc..Also against Isen they could be a good choice imo.
If the map is big always corsaires.In udun i usually go with orcs spam who keeps my enemy busy to defend(with his mate helping him) and me and my mate expanding and getting stronger units.

Clan: Da Unit

+
# 11MoonSong Aug 25 2010, 14:36 PM
nice advices.thx all.and a thing...today i played with a guy(he was with elves) and i send some corsair first.with 4 groups i destroyed 2 mallorn trees and in that time he build like 5+ heroic statues and some battle towers.he didnt attacked me all that time..i made a FB and a mouth of sauron.and this thranduil heroes appears and i atk him with FB and MoS and he almost died when haldir+legolas come and goodbye my heroes!(this was my mistake i know).and then he atks my base with only this 3 archer heroes.How i can counter this heroes?especially thranduil,he is the most annoying with that invisibility thing..i hate players who camp like this and wait until they can destroy my base with this elf heroes..

This post has been edited by MoonSong: Aug 25 2010, 14:37 PM

+
# 12Crabby Lobster Aug 25 2010, 15:06 PM
Never waste units. If he camps and you can't do anything useful with your units, don't try to do anything useful with your units, just keep them alive. If you do this, your army should always be > his army, as long as you have the better economy, which you should have, since he isn't attacking.

+
# 13Turbo` Aug 25 2010, 19:35 PM
and destroy him with camping infront of his base.. catas finish his fort and ur units are defending

+
# 14MoonSong Aug 29 2010, 12:56 PM
thx.but u guys play on 1.06 or 1.00?

+
# 15VeNeNo` Aug 29 2010, 16:03 PM
Hmm there is no 1.00 there is the official patch the 1.6 and the btp 2.5(clanwars).
I'm playing 1.6 smile.gif

+
# 16Crabby Lobster Aug 29 2010, 16:58 PM
1.00 = players who have never played online. This strategy forum is for 1.06 discussion.

+
# 17VeNeNo` Aug 29 2010, 17:23 PM
lol didn't know xD

+
# 18MoonSong Aug 30 2010, 12:58 PM
i have a problem.again.all the people i play play with elves.and i defeat them ofc.but today i played with another one and he build close heroic statues.and then he build a barrack close to my fortress.and if i atk he obliterated me with his 2 groups of lorien archers.how can i counter this kind of strategie?doing the same thing first?agaisnt this players i try to atk them how fast i can with atk trolls.if i can destroy his military builds i win..but this one escaped with only one xD.corsairs are kind of slow for countering this one or not?

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)