Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes Online

Company of Heroes Online Calculator

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1ThisIsKindergarten Nov 21 2010, 19:04 PM
Hey all you inglorious bastards!

Here's yet another beta product to clog your harddrive: the Company of Heroes Online Calculator!

It's excuse for living is to calculate how much supplies you burn up using your heroes and items in a game. Or whether the strat you are contemplating is feasible resource wise. Or if that cool upgrade you are eying won't wreck your economy. Or ...

In a nutshell: can your economy survive without resorting to COHO cash?

Usage
Example #1: On my Infantry commander I use Advanced Defenses Engineers and Weapons Utility Riflemen as well as 2 items. If I get more than 345 supplies per game on average I'm all set.

Attached Image

If I would buy charges in lots of 50 instead of 100 I would need 360 supplies per game on average. Buying 200 instead would lower my consumption to 297 supplies per game.

Example #2: Imagine I would use Accomplished Stugs, Field Pioneers, Katzenmeier's and no items on my Blitz commander. I would need to get more than 520 supplies per game on average due to the expensive Stug hero.

Attached Image

The filters only affect the upgrades shown and should be self-explaining. The calculation is based on the checkmarks in the "Will Use" column and the "Quantity Selector" but ignores the filters.

CoHO Economy
Every hero built and every item equipped that applies to a unit built costs 10 charges per game. It doesn't matter how many units of a type you build or if you make use of an item. For example the "Enginer Minehunting I" item will cost 10 charges even if no engie ever gets a minesweeper.

The better an upgrade is, the more supplies you pay to re-charge it. For example 50 charges for "Riflemen Binoculars I" cost 120 supplies while 50 charges for "Survival Sniper" cost 3179 supplies.

The amount of supplies you get for a game will rise with your level to allow you to field the expensive upgrades you accumulated.

Selling an upgrade will get you a very bad exchange rate for your supplies. And you will not get any supplies for the upgrade itself. Example: "Greyhound Firepower I" with 30 charges sells for 45 supplies. Adding 100 charges costs 550 supplies. The upgrade with 130 charges sells for 195 supplies.

In case you are wondering what I mean by upgrades: that's the combination of heroes and items.

Update 2010-11-23 2130 UTC
Wehrmacht forces heroically led by SanchezIR and Iskierka were able to more than double their amount of upgrade data. And spot quite a few of my ... cough ... bugs on their advance. No-show from US. I assume they fled back to the beaches.

Update 2010-11-28 1300 UTC
// - UnitComboBox now shows only names of non-hero units as this filter is to list a unit's items.
// - Selection in WillUse column now reapplied after reloading upgrade data
// - Added 2 of my lovely upgrades
// - Upgrade Name -> Item Name
// - Re-load -> Reload
// - AssemblyFileVersion and AssemblyVersion now incremented automatically

Update 2010-11-29 2030 UTC
// - Added PhantomAce's and SanchezIR's upgrade data
// - UnitComboBox now sorted alphabetically regardless of faction

Woohooo we now have 223 upgrades! banana.gif And an epic comeback by US thanks to PhantomAce's contribution. But never write Wehr off--SanchezIR's MP Blitz struck again!

Update 2010-12-02 2100 UTC
// - Added PhantomAce's and SanchezIR's upgrade data
// - UnitComboBox respects faction filter
// - UnitComboBox keeps selection if possible

A christmas present brought to you by SanchezIR and PhantomAce: endsieg for everyone biggrin.gif !

Update 2010-12-07 2015 UTC
// - Added SanchezIR's upgrade data

While the screenshots still show only 265 upgrades you actually get 277-- thanks to SanchezIR. See post #36 for details and on how to help.

Update 2011-01-03 1845 UTC
New year, new present: even more upgrade data from SanchezIR. Now you get 297 upgrades in total--see post #37 for what's new and what's still missing (I knew about the Eselshrek--but a Mammoth!?!).

Getting Started
Download CohoCalc.zip, unpack it, and copy CohoCalc.exe as well as UpgradeData.txt to any directory. You will also need .NET Framework 4.0 (Client Profile will do) which you can download from Microsoft for free. Pray to whatever you have confidence in and doubleclick CohoCalc.exe.
Attached File CohoCalc.zip
Size: 14.23k
Number of downloads: 222
Player Name Side Team

You will probably NOT want to download CohoCalc-Source.zip. This isn't the program itself but the code for it and you'd have to compile it.
Attached File CohoCalc_Source.zip
Size: 127.28k
Number of downloads: 36
Player Name Side Team

Christmas Wishes
As I'm a low level player UpgradeData.txt contains only few heroes and items. If you have time to waste attach your list of additional upgrades here. See UpgradeData.txt for the data and formatting requirements. I will then post a new file with your contributions--if I have time to waste tongue.gif.

I'm also contemplating additions to the program itself. For example the savings you gain by buying larger quantities differ wildly. One extreme are Katzenmeier's where you don't benefit from buying 100 charges at all. The program could flag bargains and ripoffs. But I'm hesitant to implement this as most are probably just typos that will eventually be fixed.

The program could also warn you if you check more than 8 items or more heroes than the respective building will allow for your level. And it will issue a gr.org-wide noob alert if you check upgrades from both factions!

If you have christmas wishes regarding CohoCalc's features post them here. If I have time to waste...

gl + hf

This post has been edited by ThisIsKindergarten: Jan 3 2011, 18:57 PM

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2Loony Nov 21 2010, 19:06 PM
Wow, nice. Now even I can keep my economy controled!

+
# 3Lynx AH-7 Nov 21 2010, 19:16 PM
Wow nice tool, will have to check it out! This will sure open up the possibilites on optimising army item and hero builds!

Game: Battlefield 3

+
# 4Inverse Nov 21 2010, 19:34 PM
This is rad.

Clan: Reign of Madness

+
# 5nystrom Nov 21 2010, 19:44 PM
Will viruses eat my computah?

+
# 6GlbSoN Nov 21 2010, 19:53 PM
QUOTE(nystrom @ Nov 21 2010, 19:44 PM) *

Yes, and did you finally eat your brownies, or was the oven - "maximum heat" not enough?

+
# 7ThisIsKindergarten Nov 21 2010, 19:56 PM
QUOTE(nystrom @ Nov 21 2010, 21:44 PM) *

If you voluntarily pm me your bank details this will not be necessary.

This post has been edited by ThisIsKindergarten: Nov 21 2010, 19:58 PM

+
# 8PvtPanic Nov 21 2010, 22:09 PM
Kudos! biggrin.gif
QUOTE(ThisIsKindergarten @ Nov 21 2010, 20:04 PM) *
You will probably NOT want to download CohoCalc-Source.zip. This isn't the program itself but the code for it and you'd have to compile it.

Posting source! Nice!! wub.gif

+
# 9SanchezIR Nov 22 2010, 00:48 AM
great job, i can add most WH heroes info in the coming 24 hours.

This post has been edited by SanchezIR: Nov 22 2010, 00:48 AM

+
# 10SanchezIR Nov 22 2010, 21:25 PM
OK, i have the updated .txt file with WH heroes, where do yo want me to send it?

+
# 11ThisIsKindergarten Nov 22 2010, 21:34 PM
QUOTE(SanchezIR @ Nov 22 2010, 23:25 PM) *

OK, i have the updated .txt file with WH heroes, where do yo want me to send it?

Great! pm it to me as tabs get lost in posts. Or post it as an attachment--if gr stays up long enough tongue.gif.

This post has been edited by ThisIsKindergarten: Nov 22 2010, 22:24 PM

+
# 12_:Porta:_ Nov 22 2010, 21:49 PM
You good sir, are a scholar and a gentleman!

+
# 13SanchezIR Nov 23 2010, 06:55 AM
QUOTE(ThisIsKindergarten @ Nov 22 2010, 22:34 PM) *

Great! pm it to me as tabs get lost in posts. Or post it as an attachment--if gr stays up long enough tongue.gif.

Not sure if it came through in the pm, so here are the files.
Attached File UpgradeData.txt
Size: 3.82k
Number of downloads: 78
Attached File changelog_20101122.txt
Size: 1.64k
Number of downloads: 63

+
# 14ntd Nov 23 2010, 07:07 AM
Haha this is awesome, I'm sure Relic doesn't like seeing this!

Clan: ArX

+
# 15HarElonsin Nov 23 2010, 07:22 AM
Well, this is nice little bugger to have around and props to you for creating it, but is it really necessary? I mean I have never consolidated how much I spend, I have retrained my commander once around level 20 (~7000 cost) and still I don't have supply problems.

I dunno, but at the end of the day I am pretty sure you are not gonna use every freaking hero at every match and probably you won't use every single army item you have in every match, unless all your games look the same and/or you don't adapt to the situation you are facing. At least that has been the case for me.

And if all else fails there is always what I call, naked-2v2/3v3/4v4, where you go into them with no army items and no heroes and you are guaranteed a hefty amount of supply provided the game lasts 20 minutes. My 2 cents anyway.

Game: Company of Heroes Online

+
# 16Iskierka Nov 23 2010, 12:07 PM
I've added some more.

Helpfull proggy, told me that with my average 2200 supply/game I'am not able to pay my current cost of 2500 supply on the long run.

Attached File(s)
Attached File UpgradeData.txt
Size: 4.58k
Number of downloads: 39
Attached File Changelog.txt
Size: 746bytes
Number of downloads: 57

+
# 17Asiangodx2 Nov 23 2010, 12:25 PM
lol, iam floating in supply (35000+), how the hell do you guys spend so much ....

+
# 18PvtPanic Nov 23 2010, 13:08 PM
I was floating 50k supplies, but I stopped being conservative for a while, and dropped down to 10k in no time. But with some conservative use, there's no problem floating loads of supply.

+
# 19GlbSoN Nov 23 2010, 13:39 PM
Heroes, especially Wehrmacht ones, eat up a fucking lot!

+
# 20HarlequinCasts Nov 23 2010, 13:51 PM
I love this kind of stuff! You sir are a gentleman and a scholar!

Game: Company of Heroes Online

+

Enable email notification of replies |  Enable Smilies |  Enable Signature

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)