Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Rizz' Replay Launcher

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Rizz Nov 22 2010, 06:40 AM
Replay Launcher for CoH and CoHO. Pretty basic, nothing too fancy.

IPB Image
Left column is replays, right column is info.

Usage:
  1. Extract the files from the .rar
  2. Playback.lua MUST BE IN YOUR COH FOLDER! (and make a copy for it if you play CoHO also, put that the copy in Game Folder inside CoHO)!
  3. The CoHReplayLauncher.exe can be anywhere, but it starts slightly faster if it's in the correct folder, and doesn't require "Use Registry" to launch.
Changelog:
0.1: Initial Version
0.2: Added Reading Game Location from Registry, Added Dropdown of replays
0.3: Added CoHO support
0.4: Improved Selection of Supported Games
0.5: First Public Version - Smaller Optimizations, All known bugs fixed, Added tooltips, Added suggestions of Mod Names, Added Temporary Icon and other smaller things.
0.6: (Unreleased) New Icon, Allows Multiple Instances of a game, Added Custom command line field, Error Message instead of Crash when game not found...
1.0: New Improved Game List, with information, such as Replay Name (what you saved it as) and Match Name (what the match was called). You can click on a replay in info box and it will auto click the right replay, same other way around, it will mark the correct info when clicking a replay. Also added Command after starting a replay (eg. Minimize the Launcher).

If you for some reason believe I've put a keylogger/virus/trojan in it, please PM me and I'll make sure to give you the source code smile.gif

This post has been edited by Rizz: Nov 22 2010, 10:13 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File CoHReplayLauncher_1.0.rar
Size: 206.15k
Number of downloads: 599

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2Cabooter Nov 22 2010, 09:51 AM
Thanks, I'll try it.

EDIT: Can I haz a downloadlink. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Cabooter: Nov 22 2010, 09:52 AM

Clan: Insane

+
# 3Rizz Nov 22 2010, 10:14 AM
QUOTE(Cabooter @ Nov 22 2010, 11:51 AM) *

Thanks, I'll try it.

EDIT: Can I haz a downloadlink. tongue.gif

"Now that is a valid request, I like this one."

Always something you forget right? It's up now (attachment).

+
# 4HarlequinCasts Nov 22 2010, 11:44 AM
Looks nice!

Game: Company of Heroes Online

+
# 5Schmieds Nov 22 2010, 15:51 PM
So I guess it supports EF too! Pretty cool.

+
# 6Rizz Nov 22 2010, 21:29 PM
QUOTE(Schmieds @ Nov 22 2010, 17:51 PM) *

So I guess it supports EF too! Pretty cool.

Yes, indeed smile.gif

Enter Eastern_Front into mod (a simple E and down arrow is enough) and click "Dev Mode".

+
# 7Pocketsize Nov 23 2010, 00:08 AM
Moron question warning

What exactly does this do? Just cut on the middle man of opening CoH and going to the playback tab? I assume it doesn't let you watch replays of versions of CoH you don't have (ie old patches or mods you don't have)?

+
# 8Wu299 Nov 23 2010, 06:34 AM
I was thinking same, would be awesome to actually build a replay launcher for past versions...

Clan: Reign of Madness

+
# 9Ezio Auditore Nov 23 2010, 16:36 PM
Yeah that will be cool to have a Replay launcher where whe can watch the old replays from the old versions of COH.Classic ^^

Clan: SoldiersofLiberty

+
# 10Eupolemos Nov 23 2010, 17:08 PM
QUOTE(Wu299 @ Nov 23 2010, 08:34 AM) *

I was thinking same, would be awesome to actually build a replay launcher for past versions...

I just wubbed this suggestion wub.gif
- Guess it's pretty much undoable though...

+
# 11GoodFellah Dec 28 2010, 15:27 PM
Hello,

Maybe someone had the same problem as me and could help.

I'm trying to watch CoHO replays but something weird happens.

I get to watch the first pios/engies running aroun and capping.... The resources just pile up and nothing is bought/built until the end of the game....

Any ideas why this is happening?

THanks

Clan: Suck it Trebek!

+
# 12GlbSoN Dec 28 2010, 16:39 PM
QUOTE(GoodFellah @ Dec 28 2010, 15:27 PM) *

Hello,

Maybe someone had the same problem as me and could help.

I'm trying to watch CoHO replays but something weird happens.

I get to watch the first pios/engies running aroun and capping.... The resources just pile up and nothing is bought/built until the end of the game....

Any ideas why this is happening?

THanks

Other replay version.

+
# 13GilBang Feb 16 2011, 17:19 PM
hey rizz,

first off thanks for this tool, been using it quit because im abroad and my internet is so bad here that sometimes I cannot log into the game to watch replays. this launcher allows me to bypass the need to log in.

now i want to watch the replays from the beta tourney (i did dowload it (at work where i have normal internet)); so my question is can I use it for that purpose and how do I do that? If not, any chance you could implement that option smile.gif

Thanks

+
# 14iDSD Jul 3 2012, 16:50 PM
Hmmm...

Hey!
I joined just because of this... Few months ago I bought all three CoH-games (original, OF and ToV)
And now I found this Replay Launcher...
Okay, I save some replays in game, but with Eastern Front mod, and I read that this Replay Launcher will show replays from EF... Mut when I tested Replay Launcher with EF mod replays, it only open black window (window mode) and close it... It showing nothing...

Is it possible get that work with replays from EF mod?

+
# 15djw2104 Jul 3 2012, 19:48 PM
Hi and welcome to your first post on GR.org and the COH forums.

There is data in post six relating to the EF mod. I hope that will be of help, if not someone more 'tech savvy' than me should be able to help.

Good luck.

Game: None

+
# 16paria Jul 4 2012, 15:23 PM
I would suggest asking on their forum. You're more likely to get an answer there.

+
# 17iDSD Jul 4 2012, 15:24 PM
QUOTE(djw2104 @ Jul 3 2012, 19:48 PM) *

Hi and welcome to your first post on GR.org and the COH forums.

There is data in post six relating to the EF mod. I hope that will be of help, if not someone more 'tech savvy' than me should be able to help.

Good luck.

Ummm... Sorry, but I don't take that comment so clearly... Thanks for my bad school-english =D

But do you talking about sixth post in this topic? Or what?
Do you mean that what Rizz say in sixth post:

Yes, indeed

Enter Eastern_Front into mod (a simple E and down arrow is enough) and click "Dev Mode".

I'm tested that few times...
But it do same what I told in my first post.

I thinking is it possible to get work if I copy playback.lua to somewhere in EF mod folder?

Oh, I'm sure that I started without good information about my problem:

1) My version is bought in Steam so, may this be problem?

2) In original CoH, I can save replays. If I start with OF or ToV or any mods, it can't save replays...
Yeah, there's Temp.rec but when I save replay in original CoH, it save it as Temp and as other file, that have name of map and time...

3) I'm downloaded GR maps installer and installed maps first in \Documents\My Games\company of heroes\WW2\scenarios and then GR installer copy them to Steam\steamapps\common\company of heroes\GR_Maps and in these maps replays work as good...
But if I don't have them in this GR maps folder, game not record anything...

So, if this help to get help with that...

+
# 18iDSD Jul 4 2012, 15:32 PM
QUOTE(paria @ Jul 4 2012, 15:23 PM) *

I would suggest asking on their forum. You're more likely to get an answer there.

Oh, when you post that, I was writing my second post, in this topic and totally my second in this community =D

But maybe they can't help if problem is not in mod?

I mean, if somebody get where problem is... Is it in my version, or is Replay Launcher installed wrong or what...

And is here better place to ask that question?
That my problem may be in wrong topic, is it?

This post has been edited by iDSD: Jul 4 2012, 16:12 PM

+
# 19paria Jul 4 2012, 18:19 PM
Rizz is a developer for Eastern Front, so he should be able to help you out anyway.

+
# 20Mortality Jul 4 2012, 20:27 PM
ToV and OF is not MODs - thei're game expansions - u should be able to SAVE/VIEW replays without problem over 2.602. To launch replay of any MOD - launch the MOD, then MP/HISTORY tab and launch ur replay directly in-game

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)