Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

Gameranger Guide/help center

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1forshire Jan 5 2011, 16:36 PM
INSTALL / CONNECTION / PORT / FIREWALL

1- Install the program GameRanger
  • Create a new free account. GameRanger will prompt you to create a new GameRanger account or use an existing one, and you will need to enter your valid e-mail address.
  • Activate your account and log in. Within minutes you should receive a confirmation e-mail to activate your GameRanger account. If it's not in your inbox, try looking in your junk folder.
2- Do portforward for GameRanger in your router/modem. GameRanger uses UDP 16000 port. If you dont know how to do portforward visit this website and find your router/modem in there. Then follow the steps. And after portforward you need check your port (UDP 16000) with this tool to be sure if its working good . Please see correct results in the picture bellow.

IPB Image

If you couldn't do these steps, write model of your router/modem here. We will help to fix it.

3- Turn-off your router/modem's firewall (personally, i have disabled windows firewall too, you don't have to do.)

4- If you have an anti-virus program, configure its internal firewall or turn-off. (most of them have firewall)

5- After these steps u will be able to connect other players and should see the users in gameranger with non italic letters! (if you haven't a specific problem). Sometimes there will be auto kick/CD key already in use problems. You need to spam some words like "dfdsf" "fdfsdfdf" when u have joined the hosted games. Then you need to pick a color asap to stop auto-kick/drop from host.

Attached File autokick_fix.rar
Size: 346bytes
Number of downloads: 3146
I made this autokick fixer. Works for all BfME games series
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROGRAM USAGE

From VALSADOOM

A) Once you have Gameranger, and once you were able to join a chat room
from a host or made your own, it is better to clarified with the others the
rules of the game you want to play, before pressing the start button, also
everybody must have their BFME game shut off, for it will open automatically
when the host press the start button anyways.

B) Once your BFME game opens, it is better for the host to wait for the other
players in the lobby of BFME before creating a game.

C)
It is in the lobby of BFME that you must pick teams if more then 2 players,
from there you don't get kicked all the time, like in the chat room of the
created game from the host, this is very important, the lobby of BFME is your
safe place, no need to spam, no need to panic, and you can always gather
there after each game without going back all the way to the chat room of
GameRanger.

D) Once your in the chat room of the game that the host has created you might get
kick, do not panic join back and spam a few words, plz not like a maniac, just a
letter or something every 4 or 5 seconds, or simply switch color again and again.

E) If you have difficulty to join the game from the lobby of BFME and you receive
a message like ''user time out'', or ''serial number already in use'' or simply
can't join the host's game because it says it's full, you can try hosting a game
then cancel it and then join back the host game.

F)
Remember at the end of every games you can gather in the lobby of BFME
If you die you can wait for the other to join you there and restart a new game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HOW TO SHOW PINGS AS NUMERICAL

IPB Image

HOW TO PORTFORWARD ON DSL-EasyBox 802
from barrrrt

This post has been edited by forshire: Jul 11 2012, 16:26 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 2CENTAUER Jan 5 2011, 16:53 PM
Great forshire , i had problems with ports , 2 days ago but i somehow fix it biggrin.gif Its good to have this .

Clan: Sons of Elendil

+
# 3forshire Jan 5 2011, 16:58 PM
Can u show to others with SS how u fixed your problem ? That would be great

This post has been edited by forshire: Jan 5 2011, 16:58 PM

+
# 4VAPORIZ3R Jan 5 2011, 17:41 PM
Can someone tell me how to do 1.01 and/or 1.02 so I can play this again?

+
# 5sueffkopp Jan 5 2011, 17:45 PM
http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...p;#entry5463532

Always check the FAQ in Tech Section first.

+
# 6Vip3rBishop Jan 5 2011, 18:49 PM
Somebody needs to figure out why gameranger and vista is not compatible. I can play on tunggle but when i play on gameranger it is autodefeat after 3:30 mark. I have ccleaned. I have reninstalled on safe mode i have uploaded 1.03 before i reinstalled and then before. I have done all the tricks. So what the heck is next? I dont want to buy windows seven I just want some simple idea why it works in tunngle and not gameranger?

+
# 7Lorym Jan 5 2011, 18:55 PM
Good job this tread should be pinned! thanks forshire thumb.gif

+
# 8ChristCrusader Jan 5 2011, 19:32 PM
Someone mentioned in game that choosing a color prevents auto kik in game chat room. Ever since trying this solution, I've never had/seen an auto kik.
Anyone else confirm/refute?

+
# 9ChristCrusader Jan 5 2011, 19:36 PM
QUOTE(Vip3rBishop @ Jan 5 2011, 14:49 PM) *

Somebody needs to figure out why gameranger and vista is not compatible. I can play on tunggle but when i play on gameranger it is autodefeat after 3:30 mark. I have ccleaned. I have reninstalled on safe mode i have uploaded 1.03 before i reinstalled and then before. I have done all the tricks. So what the heck is next? I dont want to buy windows seven I just want some simple idea why it works in tunngle and not gameranger?

I played with Bishop yesterday, and it was very frustrating for both of us. 3x, his game ended exact same time, no matter his host or mine.
Hope you get some help Bishop...

+
# 10barrrrt Jan 5 2011, 20:26 PM
Hi all.. i need for the workaround one c++ programmer.. my skills in c++ are that bad, that im not able to make a exe file that just opens a url smile.gif
Is there any help out there? If yes, plz pm.

BTW one way for getting in game chat is xfire.. but im not a fan from it sad.gif

But ok.. 1 vids is ready and one is uploading.. one vid shows you how you can forward the port udp 16000... and the other shows u how u can change the dynamic ip adress Tutorialvid1 of your router to a static one.

And here is the tuturial vid 2

cya later

This post has been edited by barrrrt: Jan 6 2011, 01:29 AM

+
# 11Anon` Jan 6 2011, 11:15 AM
QUOTE(Vip3rBishop @ Jan 5 2011, 18:49 PM) *

Im playing on Gameranger with Vista, so it shouldnt be an OS problem. I dont have any idea what it could be tho.

+
# 12RaGe` Jan 6 2011, 11:20 AM
isnt that some kind of illegal copy protection?
u sure u got the original?

Game: League of Legends

+
# 13Miho Jan 6 2011, 11:26 AM
QUOTE(Vip3rBishop @ Jan 5 2011, 20:49 PM) *
I have ccleaned.

Did you clean the registry after you uninstalled BfME?

Did you exactly follow these steps?

This post has been edited by Miho: Jan 6 2011, 11:29 AM

Clan: LeGenD`

Game: Hardware

+
# 14Vip3rBishop Jan 6 2011, 13:14 PM
Yes to the letter.

Perhaps my dvd code is a pirate. I bought the copy off ebay but it looks geniune. I have another copy that i bought at the store i know that is geniune. My last hope is to renistall with that code. We shall keep our fingers crossed.

This post has been edited by Vip3rBishop: Jan 6 2011, 13:17 PM

+
# 15barrrrt Jan 6 2011, 14:27 PM
Hm.. i tried to connect to Texx today.. a player where i normaly dont have probs with... today i wasnt able to connect to him in one game.. in another game i just had to try to get into the game for about 3 minutes... in the end i was able to get in.....

+
# 16Forlong Jan 6 2011, 15:36 PM
Worth clarifying - you used the CCleaner registry scanner as opposed to the standard CCleaner scan? If not, do that. tongue.gif If so, try again. Uninstall, CCleaner registry scan, then type regedit into your start menu, open the program, and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\The Battle for Middle-earth and make sure everything has been deleted, specifically the Product GUID key.

Also, not really worth making statements like "why isn't GameRanger compatible with Vista." Probably 45% of the people using it just fine have Vista.....

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 17The Smoking Man™ Jan 6 2011, 16:26 PM
I don't have a router (so basically no portforwarding), and the settings are based on TCP. And I lag terribly in GR so wtf can I do? post-13661-1143531603.gif

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 18CENTAUER Jan 6 2011, 18:06 PM
Ok i have D-Link router so if you have this one this is what you need to do

open your ruter (with your username and password if you put any pasword on it)

Do same as you see on this picture and it will work , tbh work for me

Attached Image

Clan: Sons of Elendil

+
# 19barrrrt Jan 6 2011, 18:38 PM
QUOTE(Private Agent A. Mahone @ Jan 6 2011, 16:26 PM) *

I don't have a router (so basically no portforwarding), and the settings are based on TCP. And I lag terribly in GR so wtf can I do? post-13661-1143531603.gif

What settings do u mean?

And.. you are right.. no Router=no need to portforward....

+
# 20Vip3rBishop Jan 6 2011, 18:49 PM
Btw,

I just played my first full game with out an auto defeat on gameranger with my good computer. banana.gif I here applause, dude!!! laugh.gif

I reinstalled BFME with my old cd key code and did not use dvd code i bought off ebay. Is that a possible answer.

I had no idea about the pirate thing without you Rage man. It worked fine on the EA server. hmmmm interesting.

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)