Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

Zero Hour China Mission 3 Hard difficulty

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1SaxxoN Jun 15 2011, 21:21 PM
My units DIE.
I can manage to get 4 towers down max then I have no units or money. I have a lot of money in the beginning so I can build more victims of GLA massmurder but that doesn't help.
I have no bombers, no aircraft, no artillery, no propaganda and everything that comes with it(aka no ECM or overlords).
The enemy tanks and quads are somewhat buffed(2 quads take out my 2 battlemasters well what the fuck is that) he drives around with scud launchers which are smart enough to keep distance. The enemy rocket buggies attack me constantly and have some sort of hit/run script cause they seem to run away every time.
Infantry sucks cause of scuds and toxin tractors and quads. Chinese tanks are WEAK(no nuclear upgrades or nationalism) and they DIE and DIE AGAIN.
I tried this mission a lot of times and the enemy tanks and scuds kill me again and again and again.
Not to mention irritating rebel ambush which has capture building script orders.
I tried battlemasters and gattlings. Outposts gattlings and dragons. Nothing survives their tanks and scuds. They can't move fast enough and moving makes it 10 times worse cause while my units move they shoot 10 times slower and enemy kills my moving units with his tanks and quads in like 3 seconds.
I was thinking of doing bunker advancement or some other sort of wicked ideas.

Anyone completed this mission on hard? If so how?
And no theories. I want to hear something that WORKED from person who COMPLETED the mission on HARD.

Here is savegame if you dare to try cause I'm sure you will die.
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/28995901/00000012.sav

This post has been edited by ZaMoK: Jun 15 2011, 21:38 PM

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2AwfuL Jun 16 2011, 01:11 AM
I don't remember if I beat it on Hard or not, but on Medium for sure. I just tried with your savegame and failed after I cleared the city of the monuments. I think I will need to bring along a dozer and build warfactories along the way for faster pushing and repairs.

Clan: Brothers of War

+
# 3´'`Divine´'`Ravenheart´'` Jun 16 2011, 07:14 AM
i used the lazy man's way, killed two closest monuments from the city and flanked the only important monument from the left. don't think i've ever killed all the monuments on that map laugh.gif

Clan: Death and Destiny

Game: None

+
# 4SaxxoN Jun 16 2011, 13:48 PM
I don't remember if I beat it on Hard or not, but on Medium for sure. I just tried with your savegame and failed after I cleared the city of the monuments. I think I will need to bring along a dozer and build warfactories along the way for faster pushing and repairs.

So I have to attack with gattlings and battlemasters and repair em in warfactories? I'm getting feeling that enemy tanks and scuds will massacre them.
I tried constant rebuilding of propaganda towers to heal tanks but enemy scuds and tanks are uberpowered on hard and do superdamage to my paper tanks. I always had to retreat to my base cause my army was slaughtered.
I cleared all monuments in the city once in my 40 tries but when I did I had no army or money.
i used the lazy man's way, killed two closest monuments from the city and flanked the only important monument from the left. don't think I've ever killed all the monuments on that map

Well clearing all monuments is the objective otherwise you'll loose. I cleared em all up but on easy mode in 1.00 version.

This post has been edited by ZaMoK: Jun 16 2011, 14:37 PM

+
# 5-Wraith^ Jun 16 2011, 18:03 PM
I remember beating this map twice on Hard, but that was years ago and I can't remember what I did laugh.gif

Last time I tried it again and failed too, but I wanted to go to China 5 so I simply edited the map so I could build lixes numchuks.gif tongue.gif

+
# 6´'`Divine´'`Ravenheart´'` Jun 17 2011, 06:11 AM
QUOTE(ZaMoK @ Jun 16 2011, 16:48 PM) *

Well clearing all monuments is the objective otherwise you'll loose. I cleared em all up but on easy mode in 1.00 version.

that's what it SAYS, but in reality the only important monument though is the one behind gla base. go try it yourself instead of coming here to argue with me laugh.gif

Game: None

+
# 7megaC4 Jun 27 2011, 13:56 PM
Well, I answered to this in a post in General discussions but anyways.

I've completed all campaigns and challenges tens of times. This mission is the toughest one in all campaigns and will require strong focus since you have a time limit.
The key here are horded BMs and one or two tcrawlers (with capture upgrade)

Focus on eliminating the tunnel next to you (North) with horded BMs and a dragon.

Advance to the urban area with some redguard as a meat to stingers and kill the stingers with your tanks.
Garrison buildings with red guard. They'll maintain the scuds occupied and the buggy (usually is one at a time that bugs us) won't dare in the urban area. If you find a scud among those buildings, send a gatt to kill it. They tend to be unmaneuverable among buildings.

Scorps and quads are your great threat so you'll focus on fighting in the Northeast direction: the 2 GLA WF.
Capture them and spam scorps and quads (at this point you forget China units).

Advance North, through the bridge and destroy everything in your path (capture CC and market if you can).
Bring a couple of tox tractors to clear the garrisons and gg.

BTW, you mentioned how quads beat your BMs and so. That is because of a stupid advantage that hard units have: +20% fire rate, +20% HP + 10% damage (in sum: an extra rank).
This while your units have -20% HP (paper armor tongue.gif )

Have this ini to make all units normal. Yours and CPUs. Everything else keeps the same. Unzip it in the ZH\data\ini folder (create it if there isn't one). Rename the file to have normal ZH 1.04 again, when you want.

Attached File(s)
Attached File GameData.zip
Size: 6.6k
Number of downloads: 699
Player Name Side Team

+
# 8LionelMandrake May 7 2012, 17:08 PM
Kill the towers in the city as mega has said (mainly with mobs of red guard vs stingers supported by tanks). And as for the last tower to the north that is in their base, I cheated and repeatedly had my dozer start to build a propaganda tower behind the last GLA tower. The scorpions in the base would attack the scaffolding and splash damage would occur on the GLA tower. It took maybe 8 or 9 builds before the GLA tower fell.

+
# 9shoefu12 Jan 19 2016, 18:34 PM
QUOTE(megaC4 @ Jun 27 2011, 13:56 PM) *

I've completed all campaigns and challenges tens of times. This mission is the toughest one in all campaigns and will require strong focus since you have a time limit.

Focus on eliminating the tunnel next to you (North) with horded BMs and a dragon.

Advance to the urban area with some redguard as a meat to stingers and kill the stingers with your tanks.
Garrison buildings with red guard. They'll maintain the scuds occupied and the buggy (usually is one at a time that bugs us) won't dare in the urban area. If you find a scud among those buildings, send a gatt to kill it. They tend to be unmaneuverable among buildings.

Scorps and quads are your great threat so you'll focus on fighting in the Northeast direction: the 2 GLA WF.

Advance North, through the bridge and destroy everything in your path (capture CC and market if you can).

BTW, you mentioned how quads beat your BMs and so. That is because of a stupid advantage that hard units have: +20% fire rate, +20% HP + 10% damage (in sum: an extra rank).
This while your units have -20% HP (paper armor tongue.gif )[size=7][font=Arial Black]

Have this ini to make all units normal. Yours and CPUs. Everything else keeps the same. Unzip it in the ZH\data\ini folder (create it if there isn't one). Rename the file to have normal ZH 1.04 again, when you want.

--------------------
I Tried this. NOTHING HAPPENED. Placed your file (after unzipping it) to the ZH\data\ini folder. Nothing happens. Can you please help me? Thank you!

+
# 10shoefu12 Jan 19 2016, 18:35 PM

This while your units have -20% HP (paper armor tongue.gif )[size=7][font=Arial Black]

----------------------
I Tried this. NOTHING HAPPENED. Placed your file (after unzipping it) to the ZH\data\ini folder. Nothing happens. Can you please help me? Thank you!

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)