Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Best Skin Pack For Company of Heroes

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1LordTigerScar Apr 13 2012, 17:38 PM
Carefully picked skins for each faction and environment.
Some skins have been edited by myself, but most of them made by other people - years ago. Can't credit them as their mods no longer exist. They used to be on relic forums.

How to Install:

1. Go to your COH install location. Mine is located at:
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Company of Heroes Relaunch
2. Extract zip inside coh directory and you will be prompted -> replace the files

Download Skins and Sounds with Star Vet Icons - Updated October 2020
Attached Image

Download Skins and Sounds with Square Vet Icons and no flag poles - Updated Dec 2020
Attached Image

- Slightly trimmed task bar for slightly more viewport (like 3% trimmed)
- New infantry white star veterancy icons, larger vehicle veterancy icons - makes veterancy more clear this way
- Factions are skinned more historically accurate
- Improved environment textures
- VP is like a normal manpower point - I like this as its smaller and takes up less view space
- Using mostly original coh unit icons - grens and volks swapped unit icon (major flaw with original coh skin pack gave volks are higher rank than grens)
- Included corsix studio tool - used to mod the game, if you want to use it

New screens to show vet icons and environment
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

old Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

[size=1]Many thanks to GoPepsi for showing me how to use corsix!
I take no credit for creating the skins. All skins belong to their rightful owners/creators. I put them together, but they deserve the credit for the design of them. These skins can no longer be found as relicnews is gone
These skins might have problems working with campaign (not tested) but are fine for Multiplayer usage!

This post has been edited by LordTigerScar: Jun 3 2023, 01:09 AM

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2Leftenant Apr 13 2012, 17:51 PM
QUOTE(LordTigerScar @ Apr 13 2012, 17:38 PM) *

Hi Everyone. I have been on the search for the 'best' Company of Heroes Skin Pack that works online. IMO, I found it.
I merged IP4k's Veterancy Icons with http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=830740 ILikeTrainz's Skin pack that he posted. I found this to be my favourite skin pack ever and believe me i have tried a lot of them! Have Fun!
I take no credit for creating the skins. All skins belong to their rightful owners/creators.

The Veterancy Icons work for Wehrmacht and USA!!
There is a bug where only half of the star shows when the unit is in a building, but i personally don't care because they look so awesome.

If someone can show me how i can use separate Veterancy Icons for the Wehrmacht e.g. have a cross instead of a Star then i will be happy to change and re upload!! biggrin.gif

How to Install the Skins:

1. Go to your COH location. Mine is located at C:/Program Files/THQ/Coh
2. Open Up WW2/Archives
3. Back up the file named WW2art.sga
4. Download the New WW2.sga and drag it in to Archives.
Happy Gaming!!!
Download Link:
http://www.mydrive.ch/
User Name: cohskin
Password: cohskin

Theres nothing in the file to extract.

+
# 3LordTigerScar Apr 13 2012, 17:53 PM
QUOTE(leftenant @ Apr 13 2012, 17:51 PM) *

Theres nothing in the file to extract.

Don't Worry i made this as i was uploading so it will be with you in 1 hour max!

Edit: The skins are done after like 4 hours or so of uploading xD

This post has been edited by LordTigerScar: Apr 13 2012, 21:43 PM

+
# 4LeiwoUnion Apr 13 2012, 17:54 PM
You did it, congrats! biggrin.gif

+
# 5LordTigerScar Apr 13 2012, 17:58 PM
QUOTE(LeiwoUnion @ Apr 13 2012, 17:54 PM) *

You did it, congrats! biggrin.gif

Cheers Buddy, More than welcome to have them when they are uploaded smile.gif thanks for trying to help me yesterday!

+
# 6xIronCrossx Apr 13 2012, 19:21 PM
You can't choose seperate vet icons for each faction. ToV didn't just ruin the balance, but it also changed the whole vet system. Now there is only a vet symbol for all factions, not each individual faction.

Clan: Wheres My Demo

+
# 7InPepsiColaWeTrust Apr 13 2012, 19:28 PM
Hey well done ! I was pretty much disappointed of my qualities of explanation biggrin.gif
But you did it !

Tho, I'd like some pics !

Game: None

+
# 8LordTigerScar Apr 13 2012, 20:14 PM
QUOTE(xIronCrossx @ Apr 13 2012, 19:21 PM) *

You can't choose seperate vet icons for each faction. ToV didn't just ruin the balance, but it also changed the whole vet system. Now there is only a vet symbol for all factions, not each individual faction.

Oh that's a shame Me and pepsi found what was believed to be the old vet icons still lying around in the games files!!!!!! why oh why remove those old vet icons sad.gif

+
# 9LordTigerScar Apr 13 2012, 20:17 PM
QUOTE(InPepsiColaWeTrust @ Apr 13 2012, 19:28 PM) *

Hey well done ! I was pretty much disappointed of my qualities of explanation biggrin.gif
But you did it !

Tho, I'd like some pics !

hehe you explained fine I got a bit confused where the mod folder came from and how you got stuff in to it but i somehow managed to get it working biggrin.gif

hmm pics, i could do tongue.gif maybe soon if people actually want this pack biggrin.gif

+
# 10xIronCrossx Apr 13 2012, 21:24 PM
QUOTE(LordTigerScar @ Apr 13 2012, 16:14 PM) *

Oh that's a shame Me and pepsi found what was believed to be the old vet icons still lying around in the games files!!!!!! why oh why remove those old vet icons sad.gif

Yeah I found them too and tested them out, didn't work for the most part and some of the stuff that did work(like in the taskbar) it looked really stretched and messed up. And for some reason now my PE has some weird vet icons for the taskbar(not sure what it's called tbh) too.

Clan: Wheres My Demo

+
# 11DrStug Apr 14 2012, 10:35 AM
More screenshots would help. Whats new here, the vet icons? Are there new skins for tanks or they're the same with HSC 2.0?

Game: Battlefield 3

+
# 12DrStug Apr 14 2012, 11:02 AM
Best Skin Pack For Company of Heroes my ass, its Historical skinpack compilation with IPFK vet icons. Big deal.

Now i address to someone who really know how to make a skin pack. A real skin pack would include variations of skins, for example each unit shouldn't look the same, you have 4 shermas with 4 different skins. That would be something new.
I think sturmtiger achieved this, too bad he doesn't want to share his skinpack with us.

+
# 13LordTigerScar Apr 14 2012, 11:26 AM
QUOTE(DrStug @ Apr 14 2012, 11:02 AM) *

Best Skin Pack For Company of Heroes my ass, its Historical skinpack compilation with IPFK vet icons. Big deal.

Now i address to someone who really know how to make a skin pack. A real skin pack would include variations of skins, for example each unit shouldn't look the same, you have 4 shermas with 4 different skins. That would be something new.
I think sturmtiger achieved this, too bad he doesn't want to share his skinpack with us.

Go make one then ass wipe, you obviously know how to do it yourself. its the best skin pack available for download that i can find. I merged 2 great things together to create my favourite skin pack. READ THE DESCRIPTION, I said that its hsc 2.1 and ip4k's icons idiot. Learn 2 read. I only did this originally for me but I thought people might actually like IP4k's icons with a nice skin pack. If someone can show me, I will update it like SturmTiger's skin pack.

Only just learnt modding the other day....

This post has been edited by LordTigerScar: Apr 14 2012, 11:45 AM

+
# 14Domovoi Apr 14 2012, 14:46 PM
Can you post more screenshots please (officer\tiger skin?)
btw I found insane KCH if anyone is interested let me know.
http://s7.directupload.net/images/120402/llb8o8tf.jpgIPB Image

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+
# 15LordTigerScar Apr 14 2012, 15:15 PM
QUOTE(AliGInDaHouse @ Apr 14 2012, 14:46 PM) *

Can you post more screenshots please (officer\tiger skin?)
btw I found insane KCH if anyone is interested let me know.
http://s7.directupload.net/images/120402/llb8o8tf.jpgIPB Image

look at the screenshots of hsc v2.1 its the same skins

+
# 16Domovoi Apr 14 2012, 15:24 PM
link please

This post has been edited by AliGInDaHouse: Apr 14 2012, 17:12 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File KCH.rar
Size: 3.16mb
Number of downloads: 739

+
# 17LordTigerScar Apr 14 2012, 21:18 PM
I am now looking to start putting in different skins to replace some of the units. If anyone could tell me how then that would be much appreciated!

+
# 18DrStug Apr 14 2012, 23:23 PM
you need skin installer

+
# 19LordTigerScar Apr 15 2012, 09:51 AM
QUOTE(AliGInDaHouse @ Apr 14 2012, 15:24 PM) *

link please

Thanks for the post, That looks very cartoonish for me though and I don't wehrmacht infantry units. I am on look for a Pershing Skin however.

+
# 20LordTigerScar Apr 15 2012, 12:41 PM
New version coming soon! need a Pershing skin desperately been looking for ages now. found 2 variants (plain and camo) from same artist but for some reason it only gives me half a pershing sad.gif

*EDIT* I fixed the pershing bug! turns out the previous pershing in the pack was a different shape so i added the vanilla pershing back and then replaced that with the new one biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by LordTigerScar: Apr 16 2012, 20:33 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)