Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

RotWK Installation & Setup Guides

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21Crabby Lobster Dec 28 2013, 02:53 AM
First - If GR supports this, why isn't it pinned?

Second - Windows8 is a bitch. My game isn't working on it and one of the errors I've been getting is the no cd one, even though I have the cd and installed the game using it. BfME2 works fine on here though, but I can't even download patches for RotWK. I could download them manually, but I still wouldn't be able to play anyway. The farthest I've gotten is installing the game.

Third - When I try using this no cd fix, it opens folder to view files instead of running what would be the disk. I can see the files on it and everything looks in order to me, but it won't run... It won't work to use autorun on it or anything either, it says all I can do is open folder to view files. I'm guessing it's a dumb win8 problem? I guess I just won't play it on this PC, unless I get a fix or someone can tell me how to get this to work properly.

Game: League of Legends

+
# 22TheShadowEffect Dec 28 2013, 03:10 AM
QUOTE(Deskwich @ Dec 28 2013, 05:53 AM) *

Second - Windows8 is a bitch. My game isn't working on it and one of the errors I've been getting is the no cd one, even though I have the cd and installed the game using it. BfME2 works fine on here though, but I can't even download patches for RotWK. I could download them manually, but I still wouldn't be able to play anyway. The farthest I've gotten is installing the game.

Third - When I try using this no cd fix, it opens folder to view files instead of running what would be the disk. I can see the files on it and everything looks in order to me, but it won't run... It won't work to use autorun on it or anything either, it says all I can do is open folder to view files. I'm guessing it's a dumb win8 problem? I guess I just won't play it on this PC, unless I get a fix or someone can tell me how to get this to work properly.

First:these first second third paragraphs are annoying...
Second:This no cd is only for Rotwk,you mount the image file,"view files" pops up and you have to click the game shortcut for the game to begin,aslo try tunning in windows xp compatibility mode if you're having problems with windows 8...

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 23Crabby Lobster Dec 28 2013, 07:02 AM
problem solved, I had installed the wrong RotWK patch and it fucked my game.

This post has been edited by Deskwich: Dec 28 2013, 08:09 AM

Game: League of Legends

+
# 24Forlong Dec 28 2013, 18:31 PM
QUOTE(Deskwich @ Dec 27 2013, 20:53 PM) *

The real question is: why hasn't it been removed yet?

Anyway, cheers.

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 25Mancuso11 Jan 29 2014, 19:36 PM
How did you fix it?

+
# 26AppleNitrox Jan 31 2014, 12:52 PM
Hello, I have actually question regarding this noCD images.

I use original cd-key for both BFME 2 and Rise of the Witch King, but I don't have DVD of either of the games anymore and had to use other way to install the game, but even with this noCD I cannot play the game because of the Anti-Piracy system... Does anyone know the way how to fix it definetly so I could be able to play on multiplayer? Either here or by private message.

And if People won't believe that I have legal copy I can just make photos of them with this topic in background *sigh*

+
# 27TheShadowEffect Jan 31 2014, 13:23 PM
QUOTE(AppleNitrox @ Jan 31 2014, 15:52 PM) *

Hello, I have actually question regarding this noCD images.

I use original cd-key for both BFME 2 and Rise of the Witch King, but I don't have DVD of either of the games anymore and had to use other way to install the game, but even with this noCD I cannot play the game because of the Anti-Piracy system... Does anyone know the way how to fix it definetly so I could be able to play on multiplayer? Either here or by private message.

And if People won't believe that I have legal copy I can just make photos of them with this topic in background *sigh*

find the original .exe file and replace the cracked one with the original...Then start with noCd.
(you can find the original .exe in a torrent or sth or on your dvd.)

+
# 28Solun Oct 3 2014, 18:23 PM
Thanks for the no CD files smile.gif

+
# 29Excalibur Dec 29 2014, 07:00 AM
Sorry for bumping this but why was this removed? eyebrow.gif I think it was extremely helpful as it was actually the only easy way to let some players play the game again. I have guys asking on Youtube how they could play and I can't link them here now.

I myself don't remember the steps...

+
# 30Plokite_Wolf Dec 29 2014, 07:55 AM
Is it this one?

http://www.gamereplays.org/rotwkunofficial...lay-no-disc-dvd

Clan: Mates First

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 31Excalibur Dec 29 2014, 08:04 AM
Unfortunately, it's not. post-13661-1143531603.gif

+
# 32Plokite_Wolf Dec 29 2014, 08:56 AM
It seems it was removed completely, then. I can't find it in senior-friendly areas. Whoever did this is an oblivious asshole, I'll tell him this much.

+
# 33Excalibur Dec 29 2014, 11:11 AM
As decided I'll spent some time to test and remake this guide. It may take some time but if someone is in a hurry, please send me pm.

+
# 34Plokite_Wolf Jan 5 2015, 19:05 PM
The No-CD guide is once again on the portal! http://www.gamereplays.org/rotwkunofficial...twk-no-cd-guide

+
# 35Excalibur Jan 5 2015, 19:41 PM
The number of downloads is more than impressive and gets higher and higher every day. ohmy.gif

+
# 36keibak Jan 10 2015, 17:39 PM
What is the cmd file supposed to do?

Its content doesn't make any sense and upon execution it just shows an error message.

+
# 37Plokite_Wolf Jan 10 2015, 18:45 PM
Run it as admin.

+
# 38keibak Jan 10 2015, 19:47 PM
QUOTE(Plokite_Wolf @ Jan 10 2015, 18:45 PM) *

Run it as admin.

This advice makes no sense at all.

Take a look into the file. There isn't any executable command.

+
# 39Excalibur Jan 10 2015, 21:04 PM
QUOTE(keibak @ Jan 10 2015, 17:39 PM) *

What is the cmd file supposed to do?

Its content doesn't make any sense and upon execution it just shows an error message.

As far as I remember, it's not necessary to run the cmd file. The creator of the files told me to do it but I don't remember for which reason.

+
# 40TheShadowEffect Jan 11 2015, 00:00 AM
QUOTE(keibak @ Jan 10 2015, 22:47 PM) *

This advice makes no sense at all.

Take a look into the file. There isn't any executable command.

QUOTE(TheShadowEffect @ Dec 23 2012, 16:56 PM) *

[...Also the lotr2.02.cmd is pretty much useless now.The script was useful in the old days when daemon tools didn't support double clicking the image to open it....]

Well it has the string ".exe" 2 times in it...it must execute something biggrin.gif

source:I wrote the script.
p.s.Hi guys!

This post has been edited by TheShadowEffect: Jan 11 2015, 03:17 AM

+

4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)