Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

RotWK Installation & Setup Guides

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 41^Striker^ Jan 11 2015, 03:01 AM
QUOTE(Excalibur @ Jan 11 2015, 00:04 AM) *

As far as I remember, it's not necessary to run the cmd file.

That's right. It worked fine for me without running it.

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 42Plokite_Wolf Jan 11 2015, 08:43 AM
QUOTE(keibak @ Jan 10 2015, 20:47 PM) *
This advice makes no sense at all.

Take a look into the file. There isn't any executable command.

.exe isn't the only extension for executables. Clearly you've never heard of .cmd and .bat. I did check if the .cmd file can be run as admin before saying that.

Clan: Mates First

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 43Excalibur Jan 11 2015, 10:25 AM
QUOTE(TheShadowEffect @ Jan 11 2015, 00:00 AM) *

Well it has the string ".exe" 2 times in it...it must execute something biggrin.gif

source:I wrote the script.
p.s.Hi guys!

Hey Shadow! smile.gif
Do you recommend removing this part from the guide?

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 44TheShadowEffect Jan 11 2015, 14:39 PM
QUOTE(Excalibur @ Jan 11 2015, 13:25 PM) *
Hey Shadow! smile.gif
Do you recommend removing this part from the guide?

Hey man yeah as I said it's useless now. I dont have time for gr nowadays but gl with evertything you do.

Posts merged. --Plokite_Wolf

This post has been merged by Plokite_Wolf: Jan 11 2015, 15:19 PM

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 45Excalibur Jan 12 2015, 18:26 PM
Ok cool, stick around though. smile.gif

+
# 46Sabisent Mar 16 2015, 18:13 PM
Hello, I hope this topic is still alive.
I'm trying to get this fix to work, but I'm having some difficulty. I already have RotW installed. I've never used Daemon tools or anything like it before, so I could be doing something wrong. Here's what I'm doing:

1. Download the No-cd file provided in the OP.
2. Open Daemon tools, Quick mount the .MDS file (it's the only one that appears).

If I click on the disk image, it just opens a list of files. I can't run autorun.exe because it says it's not compatible with my version of windows (7, 64 bit). Running it as administrator tells me that it can't be found. I can't open any of the files, I get told it is corrupt and unreadable.
If I try to run the RotWK shortcut, it gives me the no dvd message as if the disk slot were empty (it is).

I would be hugely grateful if someone could help me out. My brother and I have been wanting to play this game together for years, and I can't really justify spending £50 on a new copy with a student's budget.

This post has been edited by Sabisent: Mar 16 2015, 18:17 PM

+
# 47bushit Mar 16 2015, 18:20 PM
Yes certainly don't spend £50, it is easy to get working for free!

I am not knowledgeable enough to help you but I am sure someone will come along soon, stay tuned Sabisent, and don't spend that money!! =D

What if you just mount the image in daemon, and then just try to launch the game normally? (through your rotwk shortcut or start menu)

Clan: GoF|

+
# 48The Smoking Man™ Mar 16 2015, 18:26 PM
QUOTE(Sabisent @ Mar 16 2015, 19:13 PM) *
Hello, I hope this topic is still alive.
I'm trying to get this fix to work, but I'm having some difficulty. I already have RotW installed. I've never used Daemon tools or anything like it before, so I could be doing something wrong. Here's what I'm doing:

1. Download the No-cd file provided in the OP.
2. Open Daemon tools, Quick mount the .MDS file (it's the only one that appears).

If I click on the disk image, it just opens a list of files. I can't run autorun.exe because it says it's not compatible with my version of windows (7, 64 bit). Running it as administrator tells me that it can't be found. I can't open any of the files, I get told it is corrupt and unreadable.
If I try to run the RotWK shortcut, it gives me the no dvd message as if the disk slot were empty (it is).

I would be hugely grateful if someone could help me out. My brother and I have been wanting to play this game together for years, and I can't really justify spending �50 on a new copy with a student's budget.

Hello and Welcome to GameReplays!

I'm probably sure what your problem is, although it would be more convenient for both of us if we chat on GameRanger.

Could you give me your ID there?

~ The Smoking Man

+
# 49Sabisent Mar 16 2015, 18:38 PM
I've never actually used GameRanger before. I'll set it up now.

+
# 50The Smoking Man™ Mar 16 2015, 18:41 PM
Ok I'm there smile.gif

My ID is: smoke

+
# 51Sabisent Mar 17 2015, 02:30 AM
Thanks to The Smoking Man for getting it working (after an epic struggle)!

In case anyone else ever comes across this, the problem was with Daemon Tools. We used Alcohol 52% and it worked.

+
# 52Phoenix Mar 17 2015, 02:46 AM
Good to hear you guys figured it out. We'll need to update that guide so that it is more helpful to people in the future.

Clan: Corruption of Light

+
# 53qwertylord Mar 22 2015, 21:00 PM
Well, I would like to request a bit of help.
tl;dr: no matter what I do, game won't launch, crack (real crack) works - but then no Network game available.

What I did:
- Installed both games.
- Used 2.0.1 official patch.
- Installed 2.0.2 4.0 patch.
- Mounted up the no-cd image attached in OP.
- Nothing happens.

OS: Windows 8.1 AND Windows 7. (It does not work on either of them.)
I read the entire thread and that's why I also tried Alcohol 52%, Virtual CloneDrive.. but no dice.
Enabling special emulation options in all of them had no effect. (like Securom, etc.) I also tried both image in all of these programs.

As I mentioned above, copying in the 2.0.1 crack makes the game launch without a hitch.
But then you cannot play network games ("version mismatch".)
I also tried to use the "Poseidon" no-cd image from GCW, but nah, same thing.

I am open to try anything, to answer questions, etc.
Thanks in advance!

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 54The Smoking Man™ Mar 22 2015, 21:07 PM
QUOTE(qwertylord @ Mar 22 2015, 22:00 PM) *
Well, I would like to request a bit of help.
tl;dr: no matter what I do, game won't launch, crack (real crack) works - but then no Network game available.

What I did:
- Installed both games.
- Used 2.0.1 official patch.
- Installed 2.0.2 4.0 patch.
- Mounted up the no-cd image attached in OP.
- Nothing happens.

OS: Windows 8.1 AND Windows 7. (It does not work on either of them.)
I read the entire thread and that's why I also tried Alcohol 52%, Virtual CloneDrive.. but no dice.
Enabling special emulation options in all of them had no effect. (like Securom, etc.) I also tried both image in all of these programs.

As I mentioned above, copying in the 2.0.1 crack makes the game launch without a hitch.
But then you cannot play network games ("version mismatch".)
I also tried to use the "Poseidon" no-cd image from GCW, but nah, same thing.

I am open to try anything, to answer questions, etc.
Thanks in advance!

Hi qwertylord and welcome to GameReplays,

Unforuntately the game installer isn't doing what it is supposed to do properly in Windows OS after XP. However the solution to your problem (which is very common) is simple:

First enable view hidden files and folders, then:

Download the attached zip file and extract the Options.ini file into this directory:
C:\Users\(Your account)\AppData\Roaming\My The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files

Problem solved, Enjoy!

Attached File(s)
Attached File Options.zip
Size: 387bytes
Number of downloads: 375
Player Name Side Team

+
# 55qwertylord Mar 22 2015, 21:12 PM
Thank you Smoking Man for the very fast and prompt reply.
I have forgot to add (sorry!) that I did this already.

I made it to the Network screen, even with the 2.02 4.0... but only with the crack included.
(Unless you create this file, the game won't run, not even with the crack.)

So, with the file added.... I really have no idea left.
Just saw a tutorial where the guy mounted both images... but that didn't help me either.

Ps.: I have copied in your attachment - just in case - but as I suspected, the problem lies elsewhere.

+
# 56The Smoking Man™ Mar 22 2015, 21:14 PM
QUOTE(qwertylord @ Mar 22 2015, 22:12 PM) *
Thank you Smoking Man for the very fast and prompt reply.
I have forgot to add (sorry!) that I did this already.

I made it to the Network screen, even with the 2.02 4.0... but only with the crack included.
(Unless you create this file, the game won't run, not even with the crack.)

So, with the file added.... I really have no idea left.
Just saw a tutorial where the guy mounted both images... but that didn't help me either.

Ps.: I have copied in your attachment - just in case - but as I suspected, the problem lies elsewhere.

So the game still doesn't start right? Nothing happens or do you get an error?
In the Roaming folder, is there a similar folder for BFME2 and an options.ini inside it?

This post has been edited by The Smoking Manâ„¢: Mar 22 2015, 21:26 PM

+
# 57qwertylord Mar 22 2015, 21:26 PM
No, I only launched WK. I tried to make a new folder now - based on a guess, but it didn't help.
I don't think the WK launcher even checks or reads the original config files.

Is there a way to launch the game "debug"? (i.e.: to see what problem does it have? At least Generals spammed me with the "no cd or disk inserted" message post-13661-1143531603.gif.)

+
# 58The Smoking Man™ Mar 22 2015, 21:30 PM
QUOTE(qwertylord @ Mar 22 2015, 22:26 PM) *
No, I only launched WK. I tried to make a new folder now - based on a guess, but it didn't help.
I don't think the WK launcher even checks or reads the original config files.

Is there a way to launch the game "debug"? (i.e.: to see what problem does it have? At least Generals spammed me with the "no cd or disk inserted" message post-13661-1143531603.gif .)

Is it possible for you to come on GameRanger?

+
# 59qwertylord Mar 22 2015, 21:34 PM
Yeah, sure, added you over there.

+
# 60The Smoking Man™ Mar 22 2015, 22:59 PM
Ok so after a teamviewer session we fixed his problem, we really need to specify that players should use the game updaters to update to the latest official patches, or otherwise some incompatibilities may prevent the game from starting. (Patch 2.01 has two digital download and DVD versions and installing the wrong type may cause issues)

We need to update the guides and FAQ asap.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)