Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

RotWK Installation & Setup Guides

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 481Phoenix Sep 9 2017, 21:06 PM
So I've been working on getting a clean installation going. So far I ran into the following issues:
  1. The version of Daemon Tools Lite advertised in the OP no longer seems to work on Windows 10. Running it in Windows 7 compatibility mode doesn't help. And I assume newer versions of DT Lite still don't work either?
  2. WinCDEmu & Alcohol 120% throw the "No CD" error when you try to run the game. Alcohol also installs an annoying junkware program that it apparently requires to run alongside it, so you can't uninstall it without uninstalling both programs.
  3. The main [url=https://www.gamereplays.org/battleformiddleearth21.08/portals.php?show=page&name=official-106-downloads]1.06
    download links[/url] seem to be broken. Or at least the English one is, which I tested. I have instead downloaded it from the EA FTP site.
  4. The main 2.01 download links are also broken. I have instead downloaded it from the EA FTP site.
  5. For this line of the instructions: "Download and install Patch 2.02. Choose the standard (4:3) or widescreen (16:9) version, and download the fixed game.dat from that page and replace the one in your RotWK directory. Save a backup, just in case." - there is no fixed game.dat on the linked page. But is one even necessary? Don't we ship that automatically now? tongue.gif
  6. RotWK crashes on start-up after making me wait for a long time on the splash screen sad.gif. I am trying to launch it with 2.02 v7 enabled. Not sure what is causing it...

EDIT: I got it running - the "My Lord of the Rings, the Rise of the Witch King files" folder was empty, I just downloaded the ZIP in the OP and placed the files in and it worked!

Clan: Corruption of Light

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 482Ironhelm Sep 9 2017, 22:06 PM
QUOTE(bushit @ Sep 9 2017, 18:03 PM) *

hmm I'm a little confused because you don't need any cd images for rotwk 2.02 v7. It has an updated game.dat which bypasses it or something

I don't know much about this situation so I'll find someone who can help more!

Appreciate it!

I wasn't even getting far enough to install 2.02 v7. The error occurs when I try to install BFME 2 from the CD image. I'm using daemon tools lite 10.2

+
# 483Mako Sep 9 2017, 22:50 PM
QUOTE(Phoenix @ Sep 9 2017, 21:06 PM) *

So I've been working on getting a clean installation going. So far I ran into the following issues:
  1. The version of Daemon Tools Lite advertised in the OP no longer seems to work on Windows 10. Running it in Windows 7 compatibility mode doesn't help. And I assume newer versions of DT Lite still don't work either?

I have daemin tools lite 4.49 and it works fine. You prolly have to mount it with SCSI.

• WinCDEmu & Alcohol 120% throw the "No CD" error when you try to run the game. Alcohol also installs an annoying junkware program that it apparently requires to run alongside it, so you can't uninstall it without uninstalling both programs.
  • The main [url=https://www.gamereplays.org/battleformiddleearth21.08/portals.php?show=page&name=official-106-downloads]1.06
    download links[/url] seem to be broken. Or at least the English one is, which I tested. I have instead downloaded it from the EA FTP site.
  • The main 2.01 download links are also broken. I have instead downloaded it from the EA FTP site.
  • For this line of the instructions: "Download and install Patch 2.02. Choose the standard (4:3) or widescreen (16:9) version, and download the fixed game.dat from that page and replace the one in your RotWK directory. Save a backup, just in case." - there is no fixed game.dat on the linked page. But is one even necessary? Don't we ship that automatically now? tongue.gif

• ye obsolete. I fix it asap.
  • RotWK crashes on start-up after making me wait for a long time on the splash screen sad.gif. I am trying to launch it with 2.02 v7 enabled. Not sure what is causing it...
  • EDIT: I got it running - the "My Lord of the Rings, the Rise of the Witch King files" folder was empty, I just downloaded the ZIP in the OP and placed the files in and it worked!

Yes it is missing options.ini error.

Really thanks for the report and for the usefull links. We have a lot of problems because last week servers of locutus shutted down. We are working to fix all these links asap.

This post has been edited by Mako: Sep 9 2017, 23:03 PM

+
    # 484Mako Sep 9 2017, 23:00 PM
    QUOTE(Ironhelm @ Sep 9 2017, 22:06 PM) *

Appreciate it!

I wasn't even getting far enough to install 2.02 v7. The error occurs when I try to install BFME 2 from the CD image. I'm using daemon tools lite 10.2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oryzlo07cwQ

+
    # 485Ironhelm Sep 10 2017, 01:25 AM
    QUOTE(Mako @ Sep 9 2017, 23:00 PM) *

Thanks. I installed/enabled secpol.msc to work on windows 10 home and then followed the above video, and reset computer. Still have the same problem.

my OS is 64 bit, so not sure if that's an issue when trying to run the installer.

This post has been edited by Ironhelm: Sep 10 2017, 01:31 AM

+
    # 486Mako Sep 10 2017, 08:26 AM
    QUOTE(Ironhelm @ Sep 10 2017, 01:25 AM) *

Thanks. I installed/enabled secpol.msc to work on windows 10 home and then followed the above video, and reset computer. Still have the same problem.

my OS is 64 bit, so not sure if that's an issue when trying to run the installer.

Btw this isn't a Rotwk problem. Try to google it. I will post a thread where someone got the solution.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-309...-run-error.html

+
    # 487brabox Sep 10 2017, 13:24 PM
    QUOTE(Phoenix @ Sep 9 2017, 22:06 PM) *

EDIT: I got it running - the "My Lord of the Rings, the Rise of the Witch King files" folder was empty, I just downloaded the ZIP in the OP and placed the files in and it worked!

Good!
    It'd be easier if the v7 installer made those files just in case. I'll note that down somewhere.

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
    # 488Phoenix Sep 10 2017, 17:19 PM
    QUOTE(brabox @ Sep 10 2017, 05:24 AM) *

Good!
    It'd be easier if the v7 installer made those files just in case. I'll note that down somewhere.

Yeah, you'll want to check if the files already exist though, otherwise some existing files may get overwritten.

Clan: Corruption of Light

+
    # 489Excelsior Sep 11 2017, 01:21 AM
    Good job editing the opening most, Mako. thumb.gif

Clan: Brothers of War

+
    # 490JaggedCrown Sep 11 2017, 20:41 PM
    Got the game up and running! Thanks for all of your hard work guys. smile.gif

Game: AirMech

+
    # 491Mako Sep 11 2017, 21:08 PM
    QUOTE(JaggedCrown @ Sep 11 2017, 20:41 PM) *

Got the game up and running! Thanks for all of your hard work guys. smile.gif

really i like these comment. From depth of my heart!

+
    # 492Mako Sep 17 2017, 17:02 PM
    QUOTE(Phoenix @ Sep 9 2017, 21:06 PM) *

[*]The main [url=https://www.gamereplays.org/battleformiddleearth21.08/portals.php?show=page&name=official-106-downloads]1.06
    [*]The main 2.01 download links are also broken. I have instead downloaded it from the EA FTP site.

Hey Phoneix. I don't find the bfme2 1.06 in those links. I think they are 1.05

+
    # 493mcakir Sep 18 2017, 07:34 AM
    hi guys i can not download the mini-image from your link it shows me this page:

"Not Found

The requested URL /assets/bfme_downloads/rotwk/rotwk_maxi_thesmokingman.rar was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Can anyone help me

+
    # 494bushit Sep 18 2017, 14:02 PM
    QUOTE(mcakir @ Sep 18 2017, 02:34 AM) *

"Not Found

The requested URL /assets/bfme_downloads/rotwk/rotwk_maxi_thesmokingman.rar was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Can anyone help me

you don't need the mini image anymore, 2.02 game.dat circumvents the need

Clan: GoF|

+
    # 495Mako Sep 18 2017, 15:58 PM
    QUOTE(mcakir @ Sep 18 2017, 07:34 AM) *

"Not Found

Can anyone help me

Now it works. with 2.02 you don't need it

+
    # 496MasterCheck Oct 4 2017, 18:48 PM
    QUOTE(Phoenix @ Sep 9 2017, 22:06 PM) *

2. WinCDEmu & Alcohol 120% throw the "No CD" error when you try to run the game. Alcohol also installs an annoying junkware program that it apparently requires to run alongside it, so you can't uninstall it without uninstalling both programs.
    3. The main [url=https://www.gamereplays.org/battleformiddleearth21.08/portals.php?show=page&name=official-106-downloads]1.06
    4. The main 2.01 download links are also broken. I have instead downloaded it from the EA FTP site.
    5. For this line of the instructions: "Download and install Patch 2.02. Choose the standard (4:3) or widescreen (16:9) version, and download the fixed game.dat from that page and replace the one in your RotWK directory. Save a backup, just in case." - there is no fixed game.dat on the linked page. But is one even necessary? Don't we ship that automatically now? tongue.gif
    6. RotWK crashes on start-up after making me wait for a long time on the splash screen sad.gif. I am trying to launch it with 2.02 v7 enabled. Not sure what is causing it...

Thanks for a really helpful reply Phoenix. I found out i had the same problem with an empty "My the lord of the Rings" folder after I rebooted my computer. You deserve comment of the week or sth for this ^

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)