Explore GameReplays...

Generals 2

Closed Beta Starts November 25th

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Mant@tza Oct 24 2013, 19:28 PM
EA_Tim has announced that the alpha will move into closed beta state on 25 November. Usually this is considered a huge step in the development. Alpha stage is the place where the groundwork is being placed. Beta is the time when the game is being fine tuned for release.

It's been two months since the first public hands-on of Command & Conquer at Gamescom, and I know there are about 800,000 of you already lined up for the beta who are anxiously awaiting news!

We've been working hard to address alpha feedback, and I want to update you on our current targets:

Week of October 28th - Alpha update with Onslaught PvE mode, and loads of changes based on community feedback
Week of November 25th - Beginning of closed beta!
Week of February 24th - Launch

Many of you will start to receive codes in the weeks ahead sincere thanks for your patience! This C&C is a live service, so there is no one version that will be final. It was difficult to decide the right moment to share our work, and there will always be some who want us to hold it longer, but I believe we will benefit from having your broader feedback in the beta.

The development team thanks you for your support so far, and looks forward to having you play C&C!

Source: Official forums

Please share your thoughts about this milestone. We are very curious to see what the community thinks about this.

This post has been edited by methuselah: Oct 25 2013, 14:43 PM

Clan: Team|Alias

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 2-Netput Oct 24 2013, 19:50 PM
Mant@za's original post:

In my Opinion to early this game is not nearly close enough for beta status.
Key Features like crushing scouting (foghack removed) are still missing.
Well anyway i hope the next updates will be big.
Foghack (scouting)
jets
crushing
are the biggest parts still missing but anyway release beta and change whole game then ohmy.gif or maybe the next update will implement some of these parts.
I think EA forces VG to start beta so they can get some more money out of the game.

I hijacked your topic and made in newspost from it. Hope you do not mind this Mant@za! smile.gif

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 3Xionox Oct 24 2013, 19:50 PM
This does raise some questions on my end as well. I am unsure about the size of the development team and the rate at which they can implement changes, but then again month can change a lot. That being said, I do think it is too quick and I am afraid it will turn out badly...

They announced to be still working on the path finding. This took them long enough already, so this make me wonder what other problems are slowing down the development. In the best scenario they fixed the path finding and other features they wanted to implement, because that is what Alpha is, feature complete. If this appears to be true then I think a lot of the needed changes will not be fixed for along time post-13661-1143531603.gif

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 4Mant@tza Oct 24 2013, 19:58 PM
well i have never seen a beta where key features are missing. Beta ist most likely to polish the game fixing balance bugs adding new maps but never seen a beta where they have to implement kea features.
Netput you are blind tongue.gif i put in the source of it wink.gif

+
# 5Adisuki Oct 24 2013, 20:28 PM

This C&C is a live service, so there is no one version that will be final.

Lamest excuse ever!

I stick to February 24th as a final version date. If they don't fix some of the key features, but game is going down hard. I mean, nobody except the Gens fans is even following this game. Good to know some dates smile.gif

About C&C Live - I think these guys are really trying, but aren't really good or interesting casters, or rather showhosts.

p.s. the Main Menu is some of the worst UI designs I have ever seen.

Game: Generals 2

+
# 6enrA Oct 24 2013, 21:37 PM
Way to early launch date! wacko.gif - This game is so broken atm, and there is just a few months untill february. Typicall EA and their tight deadlines. Allways rushing out unfinished games mad.gif

+
# 7Mant@tza Oct 24 2013, 23:08 PM
Beta is the time when the game is being fine tuned for release.

Man we can forget about the normal meaning of a beta...
Since free2play is so big every game gets betas without every feature implemented...
I can life with imbalance and i can life with bugs but i cant stand a beta that misses features.
I just hope EA is not rushing the release when the community tells them its to early for release.

This post has been edited by Mant@tza: Oct 24 2013, 23:18 PM

+
# 8liquid death Oct 25 2013, 00:36 AM
QUOTE(Mant@tza @ Oct 24 2013, 14:58 PM) *

well i have never seen a beta where key features are missing. Beta ist most likely to polish the game fixing balance bugs adding new maps but never seen a beta where they have to implement kea features.
Netput you are blind tongue.gif i put in the source of it wink.gif

Minecraft, Firefall, and Planetside 2 went into beta with key features missing.

+
# 9Mant@tza Oct 25 2013, 00:44 AM
QUOTE(liquid death @ Oct 25 2013, 00:36 AM) *

Minecraft, Firefall, and Planetside 2 went into beta with key features missing.

Minecraft is an indie game that cant be counted since it was made by 1 and only 1 person and firefall and planetside 2 are both the new free2play games where i said those games changed everything a beta and alpha meant before.
But thx didnt know about these 2 games

+
# 10Technique Oct 25 2013, 07:25 AM
A beta too early? Most other ea cnc games didn't even have a beta (besides maybe a handful players testing some stuff before release).

Hopefully the level of play goes up with more players joining in.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 11-Netput Oct 25 2013, 08:31 AM
It is still a closed beta, so I doubt it.
For me it is too soon to put the label 'beta' on it. The game is still in alpha stage, or it feels like it is in alpha stage. People expect a better game if they see 'beta'. DOTA2 was in beta for ages and it was polished already when it went into it.

They should have invited more players, but kept the label alpha on it.
Bad marketing choice from EA.

Clan: Prisoners Of War

+
# 12-Appelmoes- Oct 25 2013, 17:02 PM
hope i'll get invited, been waiting to try it and give input on the game.

Clan: WwW.

+
# 13Zocom7 Oct 25 2013, 18:20 PM
Sorry to break you guys, but that link to the post about this has been removed. The closed Beta and open Beta are NOT those dates anymore. People have been complaining about this as this game needs more polishing.

I say the open beta of this game will be much later than February of 2014.... guaranteed.

Please lock this thread, it's not official anymore until the next official announcement regarding about this.

+
# 14methuselah Oct 25 2013, 18:32 PM
At least they are not going open beta at this point. That would be a really bad sign.

Clan: GameReplays.org

+
# 15JimRaynor Oct 27 2013, 02:38 AM
ok, the beta date is no longer November 25.
is there a new announced C&C Beta date? or ?

SC2 had about a 4 month beta.
for VG to be planning a 3 month beta test is pretty good.

expecting Blizzard level of polish on the game would be like day dreaming.
if they can make a AA+ game on the level of C&C3:KW, Gens1, etc i'd be happy.

expecting a AAA game with SC2 level of polish is just asking to be disappointed.

hopefully, the game is immensely popular and eventually it acquires amazing levels of polish because EA is willing to sink cash into it.

at least they are not spending money on Gina Carano and Jenny Macarthy.

This post has been edited by JimRaynor: Oct 27 2013, 02:43 AM

+
# 16CK1 Oct 27 2013, 02:44 AM
QUOTE(JimRaynor @ Oct 27 2013, 02:38 AM) *

ok, the beta date is no longer November 25.
is there a new announced C&C Beta date? or ?

SC2 had about a 4 month beta.
for VG to be planning a 3 month beta test is pretty good.

expecting Blizzard level of polish on the game would be like day dreaming.
if they can make a AA+ game on the level of C&C3:KW, Gens1, etc i'd be happy.

expecting a AAA game with SC2 level of polish is just asking to be disappointed.

hopefully, the game is immensely popular and eventually it acquires amazing levels of polish because EA is willing to sink cash into it.

That's a lot of hopin Raynor

I want a game that works

+
# 17JimRaynor Oct 27 2013, 02:47 AM
QUOTE(CK1 @ Oct 26 2013, 22:44 PM) *

That's a lot of hopin Raynor

I want a game that works

for many of us RTS fans...
after watching CoH2 go into the shitter...
hope is all we have left.

don't crush our little hopes.

+
# 18CK1 Oct 27 2013, 02:49 AM
You better toughin up Raynor, the genre is in trouble

A little realism would do you some good

+
# 19JimRaynor Oct 27 2013, 02:50 AM
IPB Image

+
# 20cnc315d34d Oct 28 2013, 03:53 AM
want to elaborate on what is/went wrong with COH2 btw?

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)