Explore GameReplays...

Act of Aggression

Viewpoint #2 - Walk Through The Valley Of Death

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1LuckyCharms Sep 18 2015, 14:48 PM
Welcome to part two of Viewpoint. In this series, we will take a deeper look at how the resource scattering system of Act of Aggression works. It answers questions like: "Where can I find the resources?" and "Is it really random where the resource fields appear or is there a hidden scheme behind it?".

This time we will take a detailed look at the popular 1v1 map Walk Through The Valley Of Death.
If you haven't read the introduction to Viewpoint yet, we recommend it to fully understand what we will talk about. You can find the article here.

Game: Act of Aggression

+
# 2Derek Sep 19 2015, 09:01 AM
Of course, when you're playing ladder only one variation ever shows up, the first one with all the oil in the middle and the aluminum on the sides.

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 3LuckyCharms Sep 19 2015, 09:05 AM
EDIT: Now I got you, did misunderstood your post. =)
Well, at least for lobby games and skirmishes the layout is random, cant tell if its different for ranking games.
I am gonna have a look at it and will edit if neccessary. Thanks for the notice!

This post has been edited by LuckyCharms: Sep 19 2015, 09:50 AM

+
# 4Cruelty Sep 19 2015, 11:11 AM
Very nice lucky! Its somewhat strange tho that just one of the layout results in a different total resources summation ohmy.gif wonder whats up with that haha

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)