Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

Final Crusade FIXED + Sand Serpent FIXED

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1cncHD Oct 4 2015, 19:08 PM
Ignore the spoiler. Outdated text.
Spoiler
For the $100 tourny I'm going to modify 2 maps. First Sand Serpent and second Final Crusade. I would like to hear your oppinion about the changes I made.

First let's start with Sand Serpent:

I changed the position of the two supplies on the left island to make it more even for both players.

Attached File Sand_Serpent_FIXED.zip
Size: 146.76k
Number of downloads: 49
Player Name Side Team

Attached Image

Attached Image

Final Crusade:

That one is a bit tricky to make it more fair.
  • On the left I moved the second supply up a bit more, so that it is closer to the top left player spot.
  • In the top right corner at the oil the bunker got replaced with a wooden house.
  • the area, where the second supply of the bottom player is, is now flat (You had trouble to place a supply center down there before.
  • There is a bridge now on the top right
  • The 2 Oils on the bottom are moved more to the right, so that the bottom player can protect them easier.
Attached File Final_Crusade_FIXED.zip
Size: 193.72k
Number of downloads: 35
Player Name Side Team

Attached Image

Changes that could be made:
  • Change the village / remove the village / make the village smaller
  • make the top left island smaller. The top left spot is bigger than the bottom right spot.
  • give the bottom right player a village

Here are the current versions of Final Crusade FIXED Version 2 and Sand Serpent FIXED

Attached File Sand_Serpent_FIXED.zip
Size: 146.76k
Number of downloads: 49
Player Name Side Team

Attached File Final_Crusade_FIXEDv2.zip
Size: 192.04k
Number of downloads: 44
Player Name Side Team

This post has been edited by cncHD: Nov 3 2016, 20:27 PM

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2BoYcaH0 Oct 4 2015, 20:16 PM
Nice fix! I'd say remove the village or remove little bit of water and make a small village in between the bridges xD I don't know how much modification is ok but the village is ehhh...

+
# 3-DoMiNaToR- Oct 4 2015, 20:40 PM
cool, maybe check the ground at the bottom left bridge is flat, so it stops bugs etc.

also, I would have to test, but looks like bottom right player could now send a flamer to top left oils and kill them pretty quick. Looks like that would be slower for the other side to do that. Also the bunker at bottom left 2 oils is in front of the oils but upper 2 oils bunker is at the side.

+
# 4Red-Chil1 Oct 4 2015, 20:48 PM
sand serpent:

if you could change the position of the bottom right unsafe supply a bit so that even a china can build a supply exactly after crossing the bridge. next to this everything is okay.

final crusade:

looks good so far, i agree with boycah. a small area between both bridges would make it more interesting to play on this map and increase the possibilities. to make the distance even you can use the waypoint tool but i guess you know it already. good idea to add another bridge on the top right.

This post has been edited by Red-Chil1: Oct 4 2015, 20:53 PM

+
# 5cncHD Oct 4 2015, 21:35 PM
Thanks for the fast feedback! Please take a look at it now:

I removed the village and only left 2 buildings of it + moved the church to the other side of the river.

Attached Image

QUOTE(-DoMiNaToR- @ Oct 4 2015, 20:40 PM) *

also, I would have to test, but looks like bottom right player could now send a flamer to top left oils and kill them pretty quick. Looks like that would be slower for the other side to do that.

That one is hard to change without changing the complete design of the map.

I moved the oil and the building on the top right corner down a bit.

Attached Image

Size: 191.15k
Number of downloads: 15
Player Name Side Team

This post has been edited by cncHD: Oct 4 2015, 21:40 PM

+
# 6-DoMiNaToR- Oct 4 2015, 22:26 PM
ok looks pretty close to perfectly balanced now.

is host happy with it yeah?

+
# 7-aka-JRisUber- Oct 5 2015, 14:03 PM
Hey great job with the maps. The new bridge at the top of fc looks great and much more balanced. Is there any way you could put more of the buildings back though? Those buildings are what will seperate uber micro from good micro. They're also the reason it's so fukkin annoying when trying to attack lol I don't know how you guys edit those maps but they look really good. Thanks again smile.gif

Game: Battlefield 1943

+
# 8cncHD Oct 5 2015, 15:10 PM
Thanks for the feedback!

Hmm putting more buildings back .. is it ok, if I add a few more buildings to the crypt and to the church? So that every island has like 3 or 4 buildings between the 2 bridges? What do you think?

+
# 9-SeX`iie Oct 5 2015, 15:21 PM
Isnt tank fucked on final crusade?

+
# 10trve^viking Oct 5 2015, 15:47 PM
tbh i would just let the maps as they are for the tourney.
to move the supply at sand serpent ok,but a 4th way at fc? would rather make sense to remove the bridges tongue.gif also i think the hills are not that bad in the normal version, its not comparable to winter wolf or forgotten forest where u cant build at all at big parts of the map.

Clan: iWuB

Game: Graphics

+
# 11-DoMiNaToR- Oct 5 2015, 15:51 PM
QUOTE(trve^viking @ Oct 5 2015, 16:47 PM) *

tbh i would just let the maps as they are for the tourney.
to move the supply at sand serpent ok,but a 4th way at fc? would rather make sense to remove the bridges tongue.gif also i think the hills are not that bad in the normal version, its not comparable to winter wolf or forgotten forest where u cant build at all at big parts of the map.

see sexiies comment.

QUOTE(-SeX`iie @ Oct 5 2015, 16:21 PM) *

Isnt tank fucked on final crusade?

yes it is. Would be nice to agree with opponent to do mirrors on FC tbh.

Also, SWG is super OP vs most armies on that map. Once EMP's are up, combined with couple avengers and auroras. There's not much you can do. Leaves it being a long boring SW fest.

The extra bridge and flat land helps this a little, leaving it still the same map but a little more exciting and balanced.

+
# 12cncHD Oct 5 2015, 23:05 PM
Added more Buildings to the middle. What do you think about this change? I tried to make it fair for both sides. It's a bit difficult to balance because the bottom spot has a bunker near to the buildings. The top spot has not.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+
# 13cncHD Oct 6 2015, 00:48 AM
Sorry double Post .. but it is kind of urgent because the tournament starts soon.

After doing some test matches with StrongSide we came to the concussion, to change the position of the buildings and add one more building.

I would like to hear your oppinion about this, please. This will be the last change I guess and then the tournament can start.

Attached Image

Size: 191.28k
Number of downloads: 22
Player Name Side Team

+
# 14-aka-JRisUber- Oct 6 2015, 03:30 AM
it's all good.. thanks!

Game: Battlefield 1943

+
# 15-DoMiNaToR- Oct 6 2015, 08:51 AM
didnt test as i'm not home, but looks ok to me.

+
# 16Logica Oct 6 2015, 17:54 PM
I personally would remove the bridges and just put like larger pathway that way tank can have a bigger line of tanks to attack in. Otherwise, tanks will get stuck behind each other. Larger surface area might promote more micro and possibility to beat a camping style on that map. But that would only be tried and test by two high skilled players.

I dont like the house next to the bridge, allows gla to defend better, i can forsee alot of camping on that map if the bridges remain.

Overall, both maps are pretty imbalanced maps, bad maps for tournament purposes.

This post has been edited by Logica: Oct 6 2015, 18:33 PM

+
# 17Logica Oct 6 2015, 18:31 PM
I dont see any difference in sand serpent?

+
# 18cncHD Oct 6 2015, 19:01 PM
QUOTE(Logica @ Oct 6 2015, 18:31 PM) *

I dont see any difference in sand serpent?

The two supplys moved from the middle to the top bridge

+
# 19cncHD Oct 6 2015, 20:19 PM
Here is the final Version. Thanks all for your input.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Size: 193.16k
Number of downloads: 22
Player Name Side Team

This post has been edited by cncHD: Oct 6 2015, 20:23 PM

+
# 20Logica Oct 6 2015, 20:53 PM
I'll have a look tomorrow after work, appreciate your time and effort making these maps balanced. Good work!

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)