Explore GameReplays...

Dawn of War 2

DoW 2 Necron Overlord and Update

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Paranoid Kamikaze Mar 3 2016, 23:51 PM
For those of you who are unaware, March 1st is the 5th year anniversary of DoW 2: Retribution. In order to celebrate this anniversary they are releasing the Necron Overlord, a commander for The Last Stand, on March 10th! Due to it being their 5th year anniversary the Necron Overload will be free to anyone who downloads it in 5 days and will revert to being paid if you haven't already downloaded by then. You can view the Steam page here!

Relic has also decided to celebrate their anniversary by making some much needed bug fixes to the game based off of community feedback. They weren't able to fix everything, but the fixes that they have made are much appreciated for this old game and they seem to be investigating to fix some more.

Here are the bugs we were able to fix:
  • Replaced the weapons for the supporting members of Imperial Guard Heavy Weapon Squad. The ranged weapons of the supporting squad members were removed in an earlier bug patch.
  • The Hardcore Steam achievement now unlocks after beating wave 20 in the Last Stand Anvil of Khorne Map.
  • Progress on Last Stand weapon achievements is now being recorded correctly.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when the Chaos Sorcerer cloned the Tau Shas’O Commander’s drone.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when first encountering the Eldar in the Space Marine campaign.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when crossing the bridge in the Dark Portal mission of the Ork Campaign.
  • Added multiple colors in the army painter. Due to new colors for the Necron, there are new colors for everyone!

Here are the bugs we investigated, but couldn’t nail down:
  • Various Windows 10 crashes
    • We haven’t been able to consistently reproduce this issue. This is due to computers having different setups and different versions of programs which Dawn of War requires to run successfully.
    • There are a few things you can try to troubleshoot and update to make this compatible with the various settings you have. The best thing to do is post your trouble on our forums for help from the community -here-
  • Steam invite broken
    • We were unable to reproduce this error. This may be a steam connectivity issue as this happens with other games and not just Dawn of War.
  • Last Stand won’t launch
    • This was difficult for us to reproduce. It looks like a network match-making issue and we’ll need logs and repro steps to properly investigate.
While we’re really happy with the bugs we did tackle, we know that more remain. Keep playing, keep your feedback coming, and together we’ll continue to improve!
Source: Relic

Between this and the Ridiculously Bloody Blood pack it seems likely that Relic is putting quite a bit of effort into DoW 2 so I decided to check their main website for any clues on a sequel to this seven year old game. What I found is that they are on a hiring spree. What I also found is that in their job descriptions it says things like 'If so, our new Programmer opening within our on our exciting unannounced title might be the perfect fit for you!' and they even have positions open for marketing.

All of this makes it extremely likely that DoW 3 should be coming soon and it appears that the Necrons may be the featured race that replaces the Tyranids from DoW 2. What would you like to see in DoW 3? Leave your comments down below!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Attached highlight
Attached Image
1653 1247 ...

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 2Destoffel Mar 4 2016, 00:07 AM
Awsome! didnt expect anymore dlc, great to see that i am proven wrong!

+
# 3Xelenos Mar 4 2016, 01:06 AM
it would be awsome yeah, having necron in DOW3 if any of it come at light, nice to see the relic team didn't give up smile.gif

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 4WasteMaLife Mar 4 2016, 01:25 AM
holly balls.... I can not believe Relic is doing this... pretty frickn cool I say. maybe DoW3 might happen one day... .. . .

Quick Question... these "bug-fixes" what will that mean for "elite"? Will the mod be broken until an update?

+
# 5Paranoid Kamikaze Mar 4 2016, 03:29 AM
QUOTE(WasteMaLife @ Mar 3 2016, 18:25 PM) *

holly balls.... I can not believe Relic is doing this... pretty frickn cool I say. maybe DoW3 might happen one day... .. . .

Quick Question... these "bug-fixes" what will that mean for "elite"? Will the mod be broken until an update?

Elite will be broken when the patch arrives and then it'll have to be fixed. Caeltos already stated that they're ready for it and will try to get it up as soon as possible.
1653 1247 ...

+
# 6Campaigner Mar 4 2016, 14:30 PM
Cool! Will definetly start Last Stand again!

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 7Stahlsturm Mar 4 2016, 16:45 PM
It really gives me chills to see this beauty of a game again. And even more as I see a Necronlord in it. I will definetly load this asap smile.gif

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 8ViperCanel Mar 6 2016, 16:46 PM
Finally I can play as myself in this game as well.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)