Explore GameReplays...

8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

8bit Hordes

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Lauren Jul 28 2016, 07:18 AM
http://8bithordes.com
This is just laughable. So instead of adding a faction in 8 bit armies they just repackage it as a new game and sell it (while one is able to really play against each other, so this is really 2 times the same game just with slightly different main menus basically)

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2Askavenger Jul 28 2016, 23:04 PM
Its going to be 5 bucks for people who already own 8BA. Too generous of a price if you ask me.
The factions tree got posted, they play WAY different.

I suggest everyone go buy 8BA at 15 bucks so your next game is 5 bucks.

PS this is not a separate game, its a expansion that is also stand alone. So you can buy either game and play multiplayer with your bought factions.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 3Lauren Jul 29 2016, 00:03 AM
Point still being it's a cashgrab like the original game was. Minimum viable product with the promise to add to it later, they then release one new faction for free to get more attention, and then they'll ask for more money for a game that's boring as hell. (reflected by the amounts of posts in this forum)

+
# 4Askavenger Jul 29 2016, 14:53 PM
If 30 bucks for 4 factions in multiplayer doesn't suit you, that is nothing more than your opinion. And their not asking for money, they're putting a 15 dollar game on steam for those who it appeals to. Its not pay to win, neither is it a cash grab. By the time you have 6 factions, you've paid a maximum of 45 bucks - who has the right to complain?

No one should use a replays site for this game, it has no replays.
Replay system is in the works so don't hold your head too high just yet.

+
# 5Plokite_Wolf Aug 2 2016, 18:04 PM
QUOTE(Askavenger @ Jul 29 2016, 16:53 PM) *
If 30 bucks for 4 factions in multiplayer doesn't suit you, that is nothing more than your opinion. And their not asking for money, they're putting a 15 dollar game on steam for those who it appeals to. Its not pay to win, neither is it a cash grab. By the time you have 6 factions, you've paid a maximum of 45 bucks - who has the right to complain?

For that amount of money, you can get a newer game of any genre with loads of content, or several older games with even more. Do you want me to make bundle lists of both Steam and GOG games that would be a much more intelligent purchase (actually please don't, it'd take me years to make 100,000 combinations).

No one should use a replays site for this game, it has no replays.

Okay, this was basically intended as a forum, and has a ladder listing leeched directly from the server? True that the section was bound to fail from the start, but FFS, did you even look at what GameReplays really is in its whole, apart from a replay dump? Forums, strategies and tournaments don't qualify for the "just a replay site" description.

Replay system is in the works so don't hold your head too high just yet.

It was "in the works" for Grey Goo for half a year, by which time nobody gave a crap about that bland game.

+
# 6Askavenger Aug 4 2016, 05:02 AM
Lets see how this next "expansion" pans out. I'm not too far out from quitting myself. If faction 3 and 4 become similar play styles with too many imbalances, there's no point in waiting weeks or months to get a final product.

I can't say that I didn't get my 15 bucks worth in, because I did.

+
# 7-Netput Aug 5 2016, 10:21 AM
Same here. Certainly value for bucks. This expansion/standalone/new game is make or break for me though. Hopefully it will attract a fair share of new people as well!

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 8Plokite_Wolf Aug 5 2016, 10:55 AM
QUOTE(-Netput @ Aug 5 2016, 12:21 PM) *
Certainly value for bucks.

GOG.com - STRATEGIES ONLY

*Total Annihilation: Commander Pack - $5,99
*Stronghold HD - $5,99
*Stronghold Crusader HD - $9,99
*Call To Power II - $5,99
*Tropico Reloaded (Tropico 1+Exp+2) - $5,99
*Caesar III - $5,99
*Pharaoh + Cleopatra - $9,99
*Zeus + Poseidon - $9,99
*Empire Earth Gold Edition - $5,99
*Heroes of Might & Magic II Gold - $9,99
*Heroes of Might & Magic III Complete - $9,99
*Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri Planetary Pack - $5,99
*Master of Orion 1+2 - $5,99

*Dungeon Keeper series - $9,98 (17% discount for full series)
*Entire Populous series = $14,97 (17% discount for full series)

STEAM - STRATEGIES ONLY (can't set to USD there)

*Age of Empires II HD Edition (without the expansions by Forgotten Empires LLC) - €19,99
*Age of Empires II HD Edition (with both expansions by Forgotten Empires LLC) - €31,99
*Rome: Total War Collection (vanilla + both expansions) - €10,99
*Supreme Commander Gold Edition (vanilla + Forged Alliance) - €14,99
*Any one Command & Conquer game in the range TW-KW-RA3-UPR - €9,99
*Company of Heroes (without the expansions) - €12,99
*Company of Heroes Complete Pack (with both expansions) - €24,97

Value for money, my ass.

This post has been edited by Plokite_Wolf: Aug 5 2016, 10:59 AM

+
# 9-Netput Aug 5 2016, 11:18 AM
Attached Image
Played it for 92 hours.
15 bucks for 92 hours of fun. Not a bad deal at all!
Going to the cinema's cost you the same and only gets you 2h of fun. So yeah, great deal for me.

Posting lists of ancient games that I've played in 2000-2005 isn't going to change that.

+
# 10Plokite_Wolf Aug 5 2016, 11:23 AM
QUOTE(-Netput @ Aug 5 2016, 13:18 PM) *

Played it for 92 hours.

Played for 92 hours because you liked it or because you wanted to like it, like pretty much everyone heated for Petroglyph?

Going to the cinema's cost you the same and only gets you 2h of fun. So yeah, great deal for me

Good movie > bad game

Posting lists of ancient games that I've played in 2000-2005 isn't going to change that.

Doesn't change the fact that they're a more intelligent purchase than a fad game held where it is by fanboys. For a slightly higher price at worst you can get something you'll be playing for years.

This post has been edited by Plokite_Wolf: Aug 5 2016, 11:26 AM

+
# 11GGTheMachine Aug 5 2016, 11:27 AM
QUOTE(Plokite_Wolf @ Aug 5 2016, 19:23 PM) *

Played for 92 hours because you liked it or because you wanted to like it, like pretty much everyone heated for Petroglyph?
Good movie > bad game
Doesn't change the fact that they're a more intelligent purchase than a fad game held where it is by fanboys. For a slightly higher price at worst you can get something you'll be playing for years.

This guy knows what's up. tongue.gif

I still think Open RA is the best option for anyone wanting to relive some Command and Conquer nostalgia. It's also free instead of paying $15 for a crappy bland cashgrab attempt at a Command and Conquer clone.

This post has been edited by Pwnage_Machine: Aug 5 2016, 11:30 AM

Clan: Casters & Co.

+
# 12-Netput Aug 5 2016, 11:38 AM
I am 29 and have a fulltime job. I don't have time, nor desire to spend time on something that i don't like.
So if I've played it for 92h, it is because i liked it. That is exactly the reason why I only spend 16h on HomeWorld Desert of Kharak, which was a full price title.

Nobody saying 8bit is a superb game. The game however is fun and value for money in my eyes.
All the other 'better choices' are ancient games I've all played before and therefore have no desire to try again.

I tried to pick up OpenRA, it just felt sluggish. The camera movement was weird and controls didn't feel right.

All with all 8-bit is just a fun game that comes at a cheap price. If you love simple RTS games, you'll like 8bit. If you expect a full CNC replacement, just move along as 8bit isn't for you.

+
# 13Plokite_Wolf Aug 5 2016, 11:49 AM
QUOTE(-Netput @ Aug 5 2016, 13:38 PM) *
All the other 'better choices' are ancient games I've all played before and therefore have no desire to try again.

Ah, the "old games aren't worth it" mentality?

Fair enough. StarCraft II, Shogun II: Total War, Sid Meier's Civilization V (and upcoming VI), Endless Legend are all newer games that might be expensive, but even their base games offer what 8-Bit Armies do not. Realistically, Petroglyph should pay people (not the other way around) to even touch it beyond the demo.

QUOTE(-Netput @ Aug 5 2016, 13:38 PM) *
If you expect a full CNC replacement a complete RTS, just move along as 8bit isn't for you.

Fix'd.

+
# 14Lauren Aug 6 2016, 10:28 AM
QUOTE(-Netput @ Aug 5 2016, 11:18 AM) *

Attached Image
Played it for 92 hours.
Going to the cinema's cost you the same and only gets you 2h of fun. So yeah, great deal for me.

92 hours in 105 days. So not 1 hour per day basically.

This is what 8ba gave me:
Attached Image

This is what even TT gives me:
Attached Image

And this is a game I really like shows me (GW2):
Attached Image

Even though I am working, and having a healthy social life GW2 as a whole game gives me a lot more value for my money. Yes the upfront investment might be a little higher, but so is the overall return on investment.

I even got 46h on TW and 21h on KW on Steam, which I bought well after I quit playing them online just for the purpose to mod them without having to put in the disc all the time (my original Kane Edition DVD broke btw because of the combination of launching the game way too often (modding) and securom). Even for everything I spent on TW/KW (4x TW, 3x KW) my overall return on investment is a lot better than yours on 8ba.

+
# 15-Netput Aug 6 2016, 11:10 AM
I never said it was my best investment. Just saying it wasn't a bad investment for me.
I easily got over 3000h in Red Alert 2. Best game ever! biggrin.gif

+
# 16Plokite_Wolf Aug 7 2016, 08:44 AM
Red Alert 2 was a far better game then, and it is one now, and always will be. Even if it was released as 100% the same (with bugs and all, and even without the Yuri's Revenge expansion) at the same time 8BA was, it would still hand 8BA's ass to it.

+
# 17-Netput Aug 7 2016, 08:52 AM
It would beat every game in my eyes, so yeah... tongue.gif

+
# 18Askavenger Aug 7 2016, 19:38 PM
The owners of 8BA will only need to pay less than 5 bucks for 8BH. I won't budge to buy it. If it fails me, I'll just write a bad review.

+
# 19-Netput Aug 7 2016, 20:21 PM
Same. I had ice creams this summer that were more expensive then 5 bucks tongue.gif

+
# 20Plokite_Wolf Aug 7 2016, 20:23 PM
Coming from a tourism-oriented country and city, I'd call that ice cream a ripoff tongue.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)