Rise of the Witch King

Balance Talk Discussion - 2nd Edition

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1MauH˙R Dec 23 2016, 13:16 PM
Discuss my article here!

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 2Mako Dec 23 2016, 13:23 PM
Oh thanks. It is usefull guide expec about clumping. I saw in these days how to clumb versus units. (it is fine vs structures)

+
# 3fierybull Dec 23 2016, 13:25 PM
QUOTE(MauH˙R @ Dec 23 2016, 13:16 PM) *

Discuss my article here!

You misspelled scavenger.

+
# 4DJ_Premier Dec 23 2016, 13:47 PM
Nice guide man, I've thought about this before somewhat, I imagined what it would be like if there was a computer that could analyse any position and give it a score based on which team was winning (like a chess computer). Assuming it would also be able to play with pretty much perfect micro etc. Came to the conclusion that it would be either ang or gobs, although personally it would be interesting to see how it could play isen and men.

edit:it would also use cav in every mu banana.gif

This post has been edited by DJ_Premier: Dec 23 2016, 13:58 PM

+
# 5brabox Dec 23 2016, 13:59 PM
Angmar would be a serious contender too I think. Any faction that has a good exp efficient spam allows you to out-macro your opponent without any repercussions. As you long as you keep taking structures down, you'll keep up with PPs easily.

It'd be interesting, though, how full-time gamers would perform. RotWK is medium-paced and it has a very prominent competitor to economy which is spellbook and hero powers (in short, experience). The point at which APM starts to become irrelevant is reached rather quickly by (paid) pro players if I had to guess. And indeed, the faction that would benefit the longest from increasing APM would be goblins.

About scavenger: a power that gives money for fighting is a horrible, horrible idea. They all need to be nerfed big time. Either by decreasing the bounty values or by making them cast-based. So you cast them for some time, possibly even restricted to one area.

Point 5 will change a bit in v6.1 because spider riders will give more exp/pp and they will no longer get a ridiculous +80% damage at lvl5 for their bow-mode.

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 6Bl1indGuardian Dec 23 2016, 21:16 PM
it turns out that goblin faction is the best in the game even if i was considering mordor....Dat late game army with half troll marauders,spider riders,Gorkil and Drogoth...fukin op man tongue.gif

PS..you forgot to mention that Goblin faction has the most destructive pp tree in the game smile.gif Dragon,Balrog,wildmen,Wyrm,watcher,spiders,bats no other faction has such pp combination HELL tongue.gif

and dont forget Drogoth...i dont think there are other heroes that can one handed win you the game...Just lvl up him a bit in farms and he ravages everythin including mass archers ( level 6 plus)

This post has been edited by L0ckD0wn: Dec 23 2016, 21:27 PM

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 7Excelsior Dec 24 2016, 03:30 AM
QUOTE(L0ckD0wn @ Dec 23 2016, 21:16 PM) *

PS..you forgot to mention that Goblin faction has the most destructive pp tree in the game smile.gif

It's not the first time I've heard this. I gotta agree.

Clan: Brothers of War

+
# 8TheRingisHot Dec 24 2016, 10:31 AM
summon 25pps are hilariously unbalanced, scavenger too. thats wehre gob's pp power comes from

+
# 9Bl1indGuardian Dec 24 2016, 12:40 PM
lol why unbalance? if you let goblins live too much its your problem....not to mention that 25pp are supposed to bring full destruction..Men army of the dead is balance?Moreover in goblins lategame you will have to face bigger problems than 25 pp spells,such us Drogoth,Gorkil 10 lvl,troll marauders+spider riders combo,fire drakes,,,,want more?

Goblins is probably the best faction BUT needs skills so there is no need to nerf/buff anything...they are fantastic smile.gif

This post has been edited by L0ckD0wn: Dec 24 2016, 12:47 PM

+
# 10TheRingisHot Dec 24 2016, 17:04 PM
Balrog can destroy any army by his summon itself, let alone his whip effectiveness against heros and overall strength vs buildings. AoD can be devastating for armies, but that's about it, moreover it's runout timer is quite limited compared to balrog's.
Besides the point of the game should not be to eliminate your opponents within x minutes and beyond that there is no hope of victory, so your argument 'it's your problem' does not convinced me at all.
Indeed goblin do have a nice transition from spam into quality troops, but many other factions have it a similar way

+
# 11Excelsior Dec 25 2016, 14:55 PM
While I agree that the Balrog is majorly strong, equal 25ers throughout the game were not part of the balance scheme / plan. 25ers don't have to be equally balanced anyway. This game uses sheer differences for the sake of uniqueness.

Clan: Brothers of War

+
# 12Bl1indGuardian Dec 25 2016, 16:33 PM
GIVE THAT MAN A COOKIE

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)