Explore GameReplays...

Red Alert 3

Dimon's Mentoring Thread

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 121Dimon0000000 Sep 22 2017, 10:41 AM
QUOTE(fivestarbears @ Sep 22 2017, 19:42 PM) *

Hallo Dimon can you tell me how you chose your protocol and based on what vs Empire and vs Allies opening ! ... and i see you almost use migs vs allies and empire can you tell me why and the reason vs every faction ... and it always worthy to spend 4k money on such a fragile unit like migz??

Choice of protocols depends of situation... For example - your tanks fighting vs infantry - upgrade of tracks is perfect. If you need to kill something like powerplant, turret, barrack or refinery with 50% helth - orbital bombardment. If opponent have big infantry army or need block way to attack for his army - dirty bomb. Anyway for all protocols you always can find good way to use.
Migs give you more abilities to play. For example, opponent already cant fly free - migs have same speed as other air units, tengus will not run from you. Copters will not fly free. With migs advantage you can fight for air control, already can fly anythere without risk to die free vs apollos-tengus. Your frogs can go from base if you have migs. So yes, migs is very worth unit to spend money.

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 122humor502 Jan 3 2018, 13:52 PM
Hello, dimon. I have a question: how to practice formation? (note: not how to form a team, but how to practice.)

+
# 123Papa_Coming Jan 3 2018, 17:49 PM
QUOTE(humor502 @ Jan 3 2018, 13:52 PM) *

Hello, dimon. I have a question: how to practice formation? (note: not how to form a team, but how to practice.)

Ask DDF smile.gif

+
# 124Dimon0000000 Jan 4 2018, 04:02 AM
QUOTE(humor502 @ Jan 3 2018, 23:52 PM) *

Can you translate your question to simple little ppl like me and chris880? smile.gif What mean how to practice formation? How to use it right? How to improve control of it?

+
# 125Ekko^ Jan 26 2018, 16:43 PM
Hi anyone can teach me basics and what meta or not? Really interested in competitive play of this game.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 126Dimon0000000 Jan 26 2018, 17:00 PM
QUOTE(Ekko^ @ Jan 27 2018, 02:43 AM) *

Hi anyone can teach me basics and what meta or not? Really interested in competitive play of this game.

Hi.
Teach basics... hm. Learn hot buttons and make walls for refs. smile.gif
For learn basics need play tutorial, then campaign, then just practice and watch replays for know how ppl play. Idk how else you can learn basics. But if you will have some gameplay questions like how to counter mass cryocopters or anything else, welcome here!

+
# 127Ekko^ Jan 26 2018, 18:14 PM
QUOTE(Dimon0000000 @ Jan 26 2018, 17:00 PM) *

Hi.
Teach basics... hm. Learn hot buttons and make walls for refs. smile.gif
For learn basics need play tutorial, then campaign, then just practice and watch replays for know how ppl play. Idk how else you can learn basics. But if you will have some gameplay questions like how to counter mass cryocopters or anything else, welcome here!

Hotkeys is easy because they are similar to kw, already played campaign ages ago, i just have no idea what is meta and what is bad. For example 3 years ago when i completed this game and u tell me pros spam peacekeepers i woudlve thought u were trolling

+
# 128zokker13 Jan 26 2018, 19:15 PM
Explaining the meta would require you to write an essay. It's more efficient if you'd pick up some replays of Dimon and see how it's done and try to replicate. If you feel comfortable, adjust here and there and you'll understand the meta.

Game: None

+
# 129Ekko^ Jan 26 2018, 19:51 PM
QUOTE(zokker13 @ Jan 26 2018, 19:15 PM) *

Explaining the meta would require you to write an essay. It's more efficient if you'd pick up some replays of Dimon and see how it's done and try to replicate. If you feel comfortable, adjust here and there and you'll understand the meta.

I watched some vods by sybert but have no idea how they do it, in kw I learned by someone telling me basic build like pp-barracks- refinery-wf-refinery-pp expand. Is there a basic no rush safe build in ra3?

+
# 130Dimon0000000 Jan 27 2018, 01:46 AM
QUOTE(Ekko^ @ Jan 27 2018, 05:51 AM) *

I watched some vods by sybert but have no idea how they do it, in kw I learned by someone telling me basic build like pp-barracks- refinery-wf-refinery-pp expand. Is there a basic no rush safe build in ra3?

A: rax pp 2xrefs AF pp expand
E:pp 3xdodjo 2xrefs mecha expand
S: rax pp 2xrefs WF pp(or superreactor) expand
This is very standart but you can change a lot, depends of match up and situation in game.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)