Explore GameReplays...

Red Alert 3

Dimon's Mentoring Thread

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 41Dimon0000000 Jan 9 2017, 01:04 AM
QUOTE(WeKill @ Jan 9 2017, 06:49 AM) *

Hey. I was playing 3v3 some time ago and faced Vindies. As you may have noticed, he like spamming dogs in the early game and capture both oilderricks. I wanna know if it is worth responding with dozens of bears and stop his dog rush, to save oil. or is it better just to ignore the dog rush. I kinda felt my eco was ruined after trying to stop his dog rush with bears.

You must do anything for dont let your opponent get your oil. Ask your mates for help from start, spam bears and dont let get map. Best way to play SvA on bottom is doubling. I could say its only way couse allies have insane domination there. Use your mates, especially if they are allies, for counter dogs rush, then turrets push, use akulas for get water, expand on water, then you can do more standart gameplay. Ofc you also will get doubled smile.gif
3v3 is teamgame and without decent mate you will lose.

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 42proBloo Jan 9 2017, 16:15 PM
Hey Dimon quick question: Why do other players play other factions?

How many bullfrogs should I build? SvE? SvA?

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 43{DO}-LiquidOCELOT Jan 9 2017, 20:37 PM
QUOTE(proBloo @ Jan 9 2017, 16:15 PM) *

Hey Dimon quick question: Why do other players play other factions?

pls dont mind if i answer, its a choice which faction a person feels comfortable with,

2nd question, Frogs you should get 4 or 5, 6 ideal number but depends in accordance to situation and every one is gonna tell you that can you pls elaborate on question no 2 like in what situation cheers

Clan: DiVerSiTy

+
# 44Dimon0000000 Jan 10 2017, 00:29 AM
QUOTE(proBloo @ Jan 10 2017, 02:15 AM) *

0. 3. 10. Everything depends of situation and opponent moves. Simple example - allies can play ripjav from start - you no need frogs. Then allies make AF and you already must do frogs, number depends of number of air units. Same for anything. Make only units you can use.

+
# 45proBloo Jan 10 2017, 03:40 AM
Yes but suppose Infinity Isle versus Allies the opponent goes fast airfield. A good opponent can take out 3-4 bullfrogs with 1 cryocopter 2 vindicators

+
# 46Dimon0000000 Jan 10 2017, 04:27 AM
QUOTE(proBloo @ Jan 10 2017, 13:40 PM) *

Yes but suppose Infinity Isle versus Allies the opponent goes fast airfield. A good opponent can take out 3-4 bullfrogs with 1 cryocopter 2 vindicators

If you dont control your units, ofc he can kill anything with minimal cost. But if you control your frogs well, he will afraid to attack even 3 frogs with 4 vindicators or cryo and 2 vindy. For comfortable game you must have at least 2 frogs vs 1 vindy, 3 vs 2, 4 vs 3/4, 3 frogs vs 1 cryo, 4 vs 2 and other variations depends of situation. More units - easier for your control and harder for his. Dont forget frogs is pretty free units for you, but vindicators and cryo cost more money and time, use this advantage for faster expand or attack. For see best frogs control you can watch Dankal's SvA replays.

+
# 47{DO}-LiquidOCELOT Jan 10 2017, 09:43 AM
dimon i had memories of how rusperazzi and other old pros went 4 frogs 1 sickle vs allies on fireisland, also i seen you especially 3 frogs 2 sickles even when allies is at start and has ability to make turret but u still attack any ways how to get this attack successful pls explain cheers

+
# 48Papa_Coming Jan 10 2017, 11:32 AM
QUOTE({DO}-LiquidOCELOT @ Jan 10 2017, 09:43 AM) *

dimon i had memories of how rusperazzi and other old pros went 4 frogs 1 sickle vs allies on fireisland, also i seen you especially 3 frogs 2 sickles even when allies is at start and has ability to make turret but u still attack any ways how to get this attack successful pls explain cheers

Bro even i Can answer this question. Dont run sickles into turrets, hold your bullfrogs Close to sickle, if he make 2 turret for both refs Then return. You already made him spent Money on 2 turret and delay his refs. So even if you Lose bullfrogs or sickle Cuz of bad micro its in your favor.

+
# 49Dimon0000000 Jan 10 2017, 13:55 PM
QUOTE(WeKill @ Jan 10 2017, 21:32 PM) *

Bro even i Can answer this question. Dont run sickles into turrets, hold your bullfrogs Close to sickle, if he make 2 turret for both refs Then return. You already made him spent Money on 2 turret and delay his refs. So even if you Lose bullfrogs or sickle Cuz of bad micro its in your favor.

With 1 problem. Allies will make naval and easy counter your sickles+defend refs then make you defend+block for you way on water. Turrets spam for defend outlived its usefulness. Also if you lose frogs or sickles by mistake - you lost game. On FI you must be maximally agressive, fast and qualitative.

+
# 50{DO}-LiquidOCELOT Jan 10 2017, 16:02 PM
Dimon this BO, rax pp ref ref super wf, why this is used vs empire on infinity isle and why its effective, empire could easily go 3 ref start on this and they mostly do and cap there oil pls explain,
2nd
BO crusher pp + rax, ref ref , super in sea, base crawl mcv crush base crawl to 3rd, tell me why this BO so effective and what can you do to counter this as empire pls explain cheers

+
# 51Constable Chris Jan 10 2017, 19:43 PM
Cleaned up a few posts. @WeKill : Please stay on topic. This topic is for questions and answers. The posts that you made were not relevant, no offence .

Back to the mentoring topic people smile.gif

Clan: H2O

+
# 52Dimon0000000 Jan 11 2017, 03:03 AM
QUOTE({DO}-LiquidOCELOT @ Jan 11 2017, 02:02 AM) *

Dimon this BO, rax pp ref ref super wf, why this is used vs empire on infinity isle and why its effective, empire could easily go 3 ref start on this and they mostly do and cap there oil pls explain,
2nd
BO crusher pp + rax, ref ref , super in sea, base crawl mcv crush base crawl to 3rd, tell me why this BO so effective and what can you do to counter this as empire pls explain cheers

SR before WF give some tactical freedom to sov. Sov can go WF or AF or tesla push, also can save rax. Its ok on any map. Weak side - emp get oils free and easier to do effective rush. 3 ref start is bad idea.
I already explained what you can do vs crane start, all this is rightly also for mcv crush.

+
# 53{DO}-LiquidOCELOT Jan 11 2017, 12:00 PM
what can empire player do ideally vs those two sea refineries at infinity isle dimon vs soviets, i know wave force can easily rout out the 5th ref at sea where soviets make docks but what about the one on back side once soviet got 5 ref there twin frog is in full motion and tengus are mince for them pls give me tips to deal with these two ref placements and also give tips on how empire can capture the crucial structure super reactor and how to fend off terror drones cheers

+
# 54Dimon0000000 Jan 12 2017, 15:27 PM
QUOTE({DO}-LiquidOCELOT @ Jan 11 2017, 22:00 PM) *

what can empire player do ideally vs those two sea refineries at infinity isle dimon vs soviets, i know wave force can easily rout out the 5th ref at sea where soviets make docks but what about the one on back side once soviet got 5 ref there twin frog is in full motion and tengus are mince for them pls give me tips to deal with these two ref placements and also give tips on how empire can capture the crucial structure super reactor and how to fend off terror drones cheers

Ideally - dont let him make refs. With naval, vx, tanks, tengus, anything. If he already made it - use same things for kill it. Hard, right?
How to capture SR... with engineer.
How to play vs tds... use effective units for kill it.
Also good idea is watch some strong emp replays for know how to kill tds. Or kill anything.

+
# 55Papa_Coming Jan 13 2017, 13:50 PM
I have some noob questions that i rly dont Know

1. Can spy take soviet iron curtained tanks or go into soviet iron curtained buildings like soviet pp

2. Which Nuclear weapon Can destroy iron curtain tanks. I remember like only soviet nuclear bomb Can but other factions cannot

3. Can cryo shrink iron curtain tanks, or Can allies use chronosphere on iron curtained tanks

4. Sometimes assaultdestroyer second ability protect allies air, like cryocopters etc, sometimes it does not. Im NOT sure but when Can it protect.

5. Can aircraft Carrier second ability, tesla troopers or terror drone paralyze/ stop iron curtain?

+
# 56B00M Jan 13 2017, 15:08 PM
Those questions can be answered by just testing it in a skirmish...

From the top of my head
1: No
2: correct, I think.
3: No
5: a) no b and c) not sure.

Moral of the story:start a skirmish mission with 2 easy computers with the other factions, take them over and test it.

Game: Blizzard

+
# 57Dimon0000000 Jan 13 2017, 15:15 PM
QUOTE(WeKill @ Jan 13 2017, 23:50 PM) *

I have some noob questions that i rly dont Know

1. Can spy take soviet iron curtained tanks or go into soviet iron curtained buildings like soviet pp

2. Which Nuclear weapon Can destroy iron curtain tanks. I remember like only soviet nuclear bomb Can but other factions cannot

3. Can cryo shrink iron curtain tanks, or Can allies use chronosphere on iron curtained tanks

4. Sometimes assaultdestroyer second ability protect allies air, like cryocopters etc, sometimes it does not. Im NOT sure but when Can it protect.

5. Can aircraft Carrier second ability, tesla troopers or terror drone paralyze/ stop iron curtain?

5) no no no
4)AD shield DONT protect vs tengus, apollos fire. Get damage but protect vs any flaks fire and allies turrets, protect vs any other fire.

+
# 58proBloo Jan 14 2017, 07:59 AM
Hey Dimon some of the things you've taught us seems to have improved my gameplay this month. I have a couple new questions.
  • Expanding first to which Ore Node on Infinity Isle comforts you most? In other words; Either you expand first to naval expansion or to ridge. Which makes you most comfortable?
  • I can generally manage placing a Naval Yard from ridge, in order to place another refinery. However, the Naval Yard is very hard to defend. I usually have around 4-6 Bullfrogs SvA, and I can manage getting my bullfrogs to water. But how do you suggest defending the Naval Yard from Riptides? In my most recent game I couldn't even produce an Akula before only 1-2 riptides and 3 Vindicator bombs finished it off. (I realize I probably mis-calculated, and probably should have queued Stingrays instead.)
Yeah so I'm excited Allies air is not as effective versus me as it has been in the past. But expanding against Allies on Infinity Isle is bugging me now. Currently I'm experimenting with more infantry versus Athena Cannons. Athena Cannons bug me.

Thanks Dimon,
Jordan

Shoutout from Arkansas, USA!

EDIT: Assault Destroyer Blackhole Armor also does not absorb damage from Tesla fire (Stingray and Tesla Trooper.)

This post has been edited by proBloo: Jan 14 2017, 08:08 AM

+
# 59Dimon0000000 Jan 14 2017, 08:37 AM
QUOTE(proBloo @ Jan 14 2017, 17:59 PM) *

Hey Dimon some of the things you've taught us seems to have improved my gameplay this month. I have a couple new questions.
  • Expanding first to which Ore Node on Infinity Isle comforts you most? In other words; Either you expand first to naval expansion or to ridge. Which makes you most comfortable?
  • I can generally manage placing a Naval Yard from ridge, in order to place another refinery. However, the Naval Yard is very hard to defend. I usually have around 4-6 Bullfrogs SvA, and I can manage getting my bullfrogs to water. But how do you suggest defending the Naval Yard from Riptides? In my most recent game I couldn't even produce an Akula before only 1-2 riptides and 3 Vindicator bombs finished it off. (I realize I probably mis-calculated, and probably should have queued Stingrays instead.)
Yeah so I'm excited Allies air is not as effective versus me as it has been in the past. But expanding against Allies on Infinity Isle is bugging me now. Currently I'm experimenting with more infantry versus Athena Cannons. Athena Cannons bug me.

Thanks Dimon,
Jordan

Shoutout from Arkansas, USA!

EDIT: Assault Destroyer Blackhole Armor also does not absorb damage from Tesla fire (Stingray and Tesla Trooper.)

Everything always depends of situation. And of your choise. Ofc waterref is harder for defend. But, for example, 4 fast refs on t1 gives great economic. And you can do it if for some reasons opponent cant easy kill your waterref. Even if he can - you can pretty fast defend it with naval yard+tds and frogs. Or make SR then tesla or AF or tesla+AF if you have enouth time before his attack. Ground expand ofc more safe but slower. After make ref on hill, you also can go for water ref with t1 or make SR then rest. Ofc defend water is easier with t2. I ususally expand on hill then pick next move.
Vs riptides you can use tds, stingrays, tesla coils, twins and anything else. I prefer use akulas only if opponent have waterref. Just for defend my ref akula is too useless and cost too much. For example - dolphins is fast enouth for attack ref and run from akula same time. Akula is strong slow unit and works well if have good targets. Actually you have a lot of ways and units for create problems for opponent for save your ref. But most effective i find twinfrog+tds+flak turrets+migs combo.
"YouMustSeeIt" replays series will be usefull for know how to defend your base vs any danger.

EDIT: Question was about AD defence for Air units smile.gif

This post has been edited by Dimon0000000: Jan 14 2017, 08:52 AM

+
# 60Papa_Coming Feb 9 2017, 19:21 PM
Thanks beforehand smile.gif

Both a comment for every game, or and overall comment will be helpful. But i wanna mention that in the industrial strenght game, i lost engineer because i thought it was inside one of my twinblades and didnt see it was towards fatih's army, so thats a mistake im aware of. And in the fire island game where i move mcv, I thought the tesla coil was mine, because i remembered like a was building one, but it was fatih's. Thats why u cannot see a tesla coil from me, but just a weird mcv move.

This post has been edited by Papa_Coming: Feb 9 2017, 19:25 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File fatih_2nd_game.RA3Replay
Size: 327.46k
Number of downloads: 85
Player Name Side Team
FATiHsultanMEHME 0
OBIEK* 0
Attached File fatih_3rd_game.RA3Replay
Size: 528.08k
Number of downloads: 88
Player Name Side Team
OBIEK* 0
FATiHsultanMEHME 0
Attached File fatih_4rd_game.RA3Replay
Size: 417.82k
Number of downloads: 101
Player Name Side Team
FATiHsultanMEHME 0
OBIEK* 0
Attached File fatih_5th_game.RA3Replay
Size: 534.22k
Number of downloads: 85
Player Name Side Team
OBIEK* 0
FATiHsultanMEHME 0
Attached File fatih_1st_game.RA3Replay
Size: 467.67k
Number of downloads: 89
Player Name Side Team
OBIEK* 0
FATiHsultanMEHME 0

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)