Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

new updated MU tables for future MU tournament

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1-LithiumFluoride May 8 2019, 16:22 PM
Hi guys,
hope yall like the point tournament system. During the tournament there is some MU and army that is overrated/underrated. Hence i adjusted the table to and i would like to ask for more suggestions.

NOTE: THE TABLE WILL NOT BE APPLIED TO THE ONGOING TOURNAMENT. IT WILL ONLY AFFECT THE SUBSEQUENT TOURNAMENT.

this will be the point table for all allowed maps, however, some restriction will be imposed later. I dont want to go into details about what is the new restriction. but it is about disallowing A to pick certain army by B at the start after map is chosen by A

Things that is changed:
1.all the points had been doubled to make it nicer/sharper
2.some of pts for demo is lowered as it is overrated especially against some gla and inf/tank
3. adjusted tank against usas and some gla as tank is underated in the previous tournament. However, it is still worse than nuke against any gla(other than stealth)
4. stealth is now slightly favoured against usav and laser.
5. inf air is now a balanced matchup as Ass.troopcrawler rash seems unstoppable.
6. inf against chinav now gains less points. but still gaining more point than inf against tank/nuke
7.added average point to lose if you lose a game using certain army, higher avg means stronger army and vice versa

This post has been edited by -LithiumFluoride: May 8 2019, 16:25 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2scuba May 8 2019, 17:25 PM
QUOTE(-LithiumFluoride @ May 8 2019, 17:22 PM) *

Hi guys,
hope yall like the point tournament system. During the tournament there is some MU and army that is overrated/underrated. Hence i adjusted the table to and i would like to ask for more suggestions.

NOTE: THE TABLE WILL NOT BE APPLIED TO THE ONGOING TOURNAMENT. IT WILL ONLY AFFECT THE SUBSEQUENT TOURNAMENT.

this will be the point table for all allowed maps, however, some restriction will be imposed later. I dont want to go into details about what is the new restriction. but it is about disallowing A to pick certain army by B at the start after map is chosen by A

Things that is changed:
1.all the points had been doubled to make it nicer/sharper
2.some of pts for demo is lowered as it is overrated especially against some gla and inf/tank
3. adjusted tank against usas and some gla as tank is underated in the previous tournament. However, it is still worse than nuke against any gla(other than stealth)
4. stealth is now slightly favoured against usav and laser.
5. inf air is now a balanced matchup as Ass.troopcrawler rash seems unstoppable.
6. inf against chinav now gains less points. but still gaining more point than inf against tank/nuke
7.added average point to lose if you lose a game using certain army, higher avg means stronger army and vice versa

Old ratings were better, just needed a couple of tweaks.

Clan: MENTAL

+
# 3ReLaX May 8 2019, 19:06 PM
Just use Domis table and tweak it.

Clan: Casters & Co.

+
# 4Leikeze May 8 2019, 19:54 PM
QUOTE(ReLaX @ May 8 2019, 14:06 PM) *

Just use Domis table and tweak it.

That's what was done for the first table.

Clan: Master of Death

+
# 5Fargo May 8 2019, 20:20 PM
Seems alright

+
# 6Leikeze May 9 2019, 11:06 AM
@Topic

So what would the points go up to for each round considering players could achieve 10 - 19 points per game?

+
# 7-LithiumFluoride May 9 2019, 16:27 PM
40/45 with final 80 points

+
# 8Kelevra May 9 2019, 18:41 PM
Personally I would keep it to a 10 point system. I get that sometimes you might think a matchup should be a 3.5 or whatever but I think 20 points over complicates it and makes it more difficult to get it accurate. For the purposes of a tournament 10 points is fine.

What I would do is just ask 5 or so experts/top players to create their own table. Send them Dominators and ask them to make any adjustments they think necessary. Then just take the average points for each matchup from their tables and go with that. That should remove any personal biases that any one individual has.

I do think you have to be careful with maps. Any map without two safe supplies completely changes the balance of matchups and even a map like Lagoon which is one of the closer maps to TD has different balance just based on how wide it is.

Clan: Death and Destiny

+
# 9JarmenElectra May 9 2019, 18:45 PM
QUOTE(Kelevra @ May 9 2019, 18:41 PM) *

I do think you have to be careful with maps. Any map without two safe supplies completely changes the balance of matchups and even a map like Lagoon which is one of the closer maps to TD has different balance just based on how wide it is.

I like flashfire, that could work. But no one likes this map and its variants bar me I believe

+
# 10-FLETCHY`7 May 9 2019, 23:28 PM
What a bullshit table really?!

Air vs SW 1:19?? Does it mean Air stronger in 19 times? Why?

Air vs Nuke 2:18? How?

Air vs Laser 3:17? How it possible? Laser is stronger btw.

China vs Inf 16:4? China is better!

Cant see others. Bullshit!!

Game: Tiberium Alliances

+
# 11JarmenElectra May 9 2019, 23:46 PM
QUOTE(-FLETCHY`7 @ May 9 2019, 23:28 PM) *

This table isnt based on noobrules

+
# 12-ExiLe` May 10 2019, 09:15 AM
QUOTE(-FLETCHY`7 @ May 10 2019, 00:28 AM) *

Numbers are pretty accurate, tell me how you manage to lose air vs laser, or inf vs china?

+
# 13_spL_ May 10 2019, 09:29 AM
table is seems ok
i would made it 100pts total for match as relax did
and 400 pts for win in the match

+
# 14Leikeze May 10 2019, 10:36 AM
QUOTE(-FLETCHY`7 @ May 9 2019, 18:28 PM) *

Hey Fletch, where have you been? I haven't seen you in ages, actually since our games in Firelord's tournament.

+
# 15-LithiumFluoride May 10 2019, 10:52 AM
QUOTE(_spL_ @ May 10 2019, 17:29 PM) *

table is seems ok

I would prefer to be a 10/20 point system coz sometimes math fails people when dealing with relatively large numbers

+
# 16ReLaX May 11 2019, 04:17 AM
Risings idea is great. Average rounded numbers from 1 to 10.

Clan: Casters & Co.

+
# 17Fargo May 11 2019, 06:14 AM
QUOTE(_spL_ @ May 10 2019, 10:29 AM) *

table is seems ok

100? Loool, why not go with 500 then, or 1000?

+
# 18-FLETCHY`7 May 11 2019, 12:59 PM
QUOTE(Leikeze @ May 10 2019, 13:36 PM) *

Hey Fletch, where have you been? I haven't seen you in ages, actually since our games in Firelord's tournament.

Hi dude. Yeah, not playing zh 2 years. Was playing Dota. A day ago I start to stream it.
Here is twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/Atlant1caTV

The games are Very High Skill (1% players play this level). It is nice.
There is a link: https://www.dotabuff.com/players/1001821169/matches
Some interesting games are here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?index=1&am...&playnext=1

Maybe in future will stream some zh games, no problem. Will show some master class on Defcon how to bash Google, Desertmonster and others, who think they are good players. It is fun! Anyway, no one compares to me on Defcon.. All are the same, bot style. Making army and pushing. No understanding and feeling the game like me. But stream it is maybe, because the game is dead. Sad but true.

Game: Tiberium Alliances

+
# 19Noobfighter1 May 11 2019, 15:01 PM
inf troopcrawler is unstoppable?

+
# 20-LithiumFluoride May 11 2019, 15:43 PM
QUOTE(Noobfighter1 @ May 11 2019, 23:01 PM) *

inf troopcrawler is unstoppable?

i draw this conclusion from fargo's inf vs air game on td. all his troopcrawler rush succeeded. hence it is hard to stop as air thus i feel that this matchup is balanced(or even inf favoured on some map)

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)