Explore GameReplays...

CNC Generals

this is not a banned abuse right?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1´'`Divine´'`Ravenheart´'` Sep 25 2017, 06:42 AM
watch the replay from my perspective; after the initial harassment the top left area next to usa base stays without fog. am i allowed to do this intentionally?

Attached File 00_56_18_1v1_FunGe_yangwu.rep
Size: 186.64k
Number of downloads: 6
Player Name Side Team
FunGe^ 0
yangwu* 0

Clan: Death and Destiny

Game: None

+
# 2Diamond- Sep 25 2017, 14:14 PM
That's a bug which sometimes occurs. I mostly got this in in gvu matchups interestingly. But it does really not happen that often, like once in 200 games or even less. Are you playing some CCG here and there recently? smile.gif

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 3´'`Divine´'`Ravenheart´'` Sep 25 2017, 14:40 PM
yeah i'm playing ccg when i see a game that's interesting enough.

it's not a random bug and it's very easy to replicate; i can basically remove fog from most of the map by doing it. just making sure beforehand that i won't get into trouble if i do use it. i'd wager gentool has enabled this because there's no way in hell oldschool players wouldn't have found this out already

+
# 4Diamond- Sep 25 2017, 23:40 PM
I replied to your answer without watching your replay actually since I know what you were talking about. Saying you can replicate this intentionally made me wonder now. I will try and check the replay anytime soon.

+
# 5´'`Divine´'`Ravenheart´'` Sep 26 2017, 11:24 AM
nevermind, tested this without gentool. works just fine. i guess this isn't considered going against the fairplay rules then. yay at getting free gla drones \o/

+
# 6DesireN Sep 28 2017, 18:02 PM
What happened?

Clan: Digital Militia

+
# 7´'`Divine´'`Ravenheart´'` Sep 28 2017, 22:43 PM
Attached Image

no units of mine have been to top left flank in the last two minutes according to gentool timer, yet the area's fully visible

+
# 8WaRCRiMM Sep 29 2017, 11:07 AM
Mh

Clan: AnZaC

+
# 9krew Sep 29 2017, 11:11 AM
And only gla can do it? New op army.

Clan: iWuB

Game: Generals 2

+
# 10´'`Divine´'`Ravenheart´'` Sep 29 2017, 15:14 PM
not sure. didn't test other armies. at least the method to doing this would imply that usa can do this as well (and very easily at that), and while china could also do this it's a bit more iffy.

+
# 11DesireN Sep 29 2017, 21:44 PM
And you can do it whenever you want? CCG always had a bug where sometimes a spot would stay revealed for much longer than it should. But no one every figured out how to do it haha. That's crazy

+
# 12-HaTeR- Sep 29 2017, 23:12 PM
Used to be considered as an abuse, as far as I remember.

Clan: Brothers of War

+
# 13´'`Divine´'`Ravenheart´'` Sep 30 2017, 00:22 AM
QUOTE(DesireN @ Sep 30 2017, 00:44 AM) *

And you can do it whenever you want? CCG always had a bug where sometimes a spot would stay revealed for much longer than it should. But no one every figured out how to do it haha. That's crazy

yeah, i think this is the same.

QUOTE(-HaTeR- @ Sep 30 2017, 02:12 AM) *

Used to be considered as an abuse, as far as I remember.

well then. it's a good thing i suck so bad at ccg that i don't even have time to try and make use of this bug sleep.gif

+
# 14-HaTeR- Sep 30 2017, 15:15 PM
I think it's the commonly known ranger bug.

Clan: Brothers of War

+
# 15´'`Divine´'`Ravenheart´'` Sep 30 2017, 15:26 PM
no idea what that is. my method has nothing to do with rangers though

+
# 16trve^viking Sep 30 2017, 16:38 PM
the game is full of bugs,i also had that no fog thing not intentional a lot in games but most of the time i told my opponent what area is visible.
would be funny if theres a way to abuse it,guess at this point it doesnt matter anyway if you can do it + there is boxtrick.

Clan: iWuB

Game: Graphics

+
# 17´'`Divine´'`Ravenheart´'` Oct 1 2017, 04:06 AM
i'd explain how to do that but i'm sure site admins would be happy to ban me afterwards.

veering off a bit, what am i supposed to do in the following situation: fe, playing either gg or gu team vs cx, taking unsafe supp, failing/backing off/hitting x with first tech because c covered its entrances. now there's a gatt/th spam coming for my unsafe. what do i do?

+
# 18Diamond- Oct 1 2017, 15:44 PM
My strategical tip for your case:

This is really hard on FE, since you took unsafe supply which is very close to china. I would not really recommend to take unsafe vs china. Only way to counter gat/th in my opinion is a double tunnel at where he wants to attack you and/or building like 4-5 technicals to overrun his th while targeting the gats with rpg. I know this sounds pretty easy in theory but it will be hard since warmed up gats will blow techs away. You have to come from behind while trying to get up scorp rockets fast. It is not worth to terrortech a mined Warfactory but you could instead try to kill his barracks to interrupt his th spam which would buy you some time to get the scorp rocket upgrade up.

Tbh in a pure 1v1 china has an advantage on FE, you need to rely on a good teamplay as well, like have an USA teammate that will drop your guy or you just stay with 1 supply and try to double the other opponent. There is not one specific solution to this, you need to have the right feeling when to give up parts of your your base or all of it to rebuild a new one with support of your mate at his opponent's spot for example. Also having a mate wanting to desperatly help you so that you can survive mostly never works. When you are 2 GLA in the same team have him build a tunnel near your base as well to help pop some units out when needed early. Camping as dual GLA on FE often is the only way when playing vs china, although it will be hard to survive long enough. It is a nice challenge though smile.gif

I will very soon have some time to play some games in CCG again, but might take around 2 weeks from today. Hope we can play some games then anytime soon. We can discuss further strategical moves right in game context then also if you like.

+
# 19Murder- Oct 2 2017, 21:02 PM
Hello Finnish nerd,

Here's some replays of rarely and me in a dual GLA v China/x matchup.

Attached File(s)
Attached File ExcellentPalaDropPleaseMakeMoreGuidesDiamond.rep
Size: 92.98k
Number of downloads: 4
Player Name Side Team
limes|x->o{0} 1
limes|x->oo{0} 1
[cRy]erman-* 2
[cRy]mond- 2
Attached File 1v2OnMurderNoProblemMartJustCamps.rep
Size: 92.16k
Player Name Side Team
[cRy]erman-* 1
[cRy]mond- 1
limes|x->o{0} 2
limes|x->oo{0} 2
Attached File 2v2cw_bftp_limes3.rep
Size: 263.36k
Player Name Side Team
limes|^DOM^ 1
[BfTp]Kaiju 2
[BfTp]TuNNeLz-* 2
limes|y->oo{0} 1
Attached File 2v2cw_btfp_limes_2.rep
Size: 171.31k
Player Name Side Team
[BfTp]TuNNeLz-* 1
limes|^DOM^ 2
[BfTp]Kaiju 1
limes|y->oo{0} 2
Attached File 2v2cw_BfTp_Limes.rep
Size: 86.98k
Player Name Side Team
limes|y->oo{0} 1
[BfTp]Kaiju 2
limes|^DOM^ 1
[BfTp]TuNNeLz-* 2
Attached File 2v2cw_DualGLA_USA_China.rep
Size: 185.68k
Player Name Side Team
limes|^DOM^ 1
[BfTp]Kaiju 2
[BfTp]TuNNeLz-* 2
limes|y->oo{0} 1

+
# 20Diamond- Oct 2 2017, 21:18 PM
But only vs noobs biggrin.gif

Does not count at all!

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)