Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2

Campaign on 1.08 patch

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1LosBadylos Oct 8 2016, 10:48 AM
Hello there. Can I play official campaign on 1.08 patch or is the patch multiplayer-only? Is it bug free and tested? I couldn't find any information on it and I want to get started with the game by playing offline.

+
# 2Handsome_Jack Oct 8 2016, 11:09 AM
Campaign will give you a terminal cancer at mission on Celduin River as Good. Evil campaign works just fine after rebalancing in the patch.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 3LosBadylos Oct 8 2016, 11:37 AM
Thanks.

So, I should play them on 1.06 and switch to 1.08 when I finish and want to play online? What would you recommend for single player?

+
# 4Excelsior Oct 8 2016, 15:48 PM
QUOTE(LosBadylos @ Oct 8 2016, 11:48 AM) *

Hello there. Can I play official campaign on 1.08 patch or is the patch multiplayer-only? Is it bug free and tested? I couldn't find any information on it and I want to get started with the game by playing offline.

If I recall correctly, the campaign worked just fine.

Clan: Brothers of War

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 5SeñorEcthelion Oct 9 2016, 19:26 PM
i played it on 08 once and evertthing worked.
the campaign is not big deal tho, nothing like bfme1

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 6SeñorEcthelion Oct 9 2016, 19:27 PM
QUOTE(Handsome_Jack @ Oct 8 2016, 08:09 AM) *

Campaign will give you a terminal cancer at mission on Celduin River as Good. Evil campaign works just fine after rebalancing in the patch.

why celruin river? because it's bored? i love all the part where you are gathering dwarfs. untill you must destroy mordor base with these anoying cowtapults

+
# 7Handsome_Jack Oct 9 2016, 20:17 PM
QUOTE(SeñorEcthelion @ Oct 9 2016, 22:27 PM) *

why celruin river? because it's bored? i love all the part where you are gathering dwarfs. untill you must destroy mordor base with these anoying cowtapults

After a buff, mordor archers annihilate dwarven units you start with (despite armor -- they have fire arrows). Also ship catapults are damaging badly enough. So makes mission a cancer at the very beginning, almost unplayable. It was a while ago, but I couldnt beat it on 1.08 biggrin.gif

+
# 8SeñorEcthelion Oct 9 2016, 20:30 PM
QUOTE(Handsome_Jack @ Oct 9 2016, 17:17 PM) *

After a buff, mordor archers annihilate dwarven units you start with (despite armor -- they have fire arrows). Also ship catapults are damaging badly enough. So makes mission a cancer at the very beginning, almost unplayable. It was a while ago, but I couldnt beat it on 1.08 biggrin.gif

jajajajja that's interesting. I will play it eventually, actually, i also have to play the campaign on 1.09beta to find errors or something

+
# 9Excelsior Oct 22 2016, 02:35 AM
QUOTE(Handsome_Jack @ Oct 9 2016, 21:17 PM) *

Sounds just about right. I prefer harder missions anyway. I suspect they could have made the campaign a lot more difficult with a few extra twists and turns.

P.S. Grab Axe Throwers, they have epic range in 1.08 and they're fantastic against archers. Have Dain nearby and you'll ultra rek like never before.

+
# 10Handsome_Jack Oct 22 2016, 09:23 AM
Haha, the most funny thing is -- you start with only guardians and find some phalanxes on the way. And before you reach any axethrowers or MoD's, you encounter flaming arrows Orc Archers, that will, thanks to Corsairs and Orc Warrior meatshield that you cant avoid, rape your whole army in a blink of the eye, regardless of your upgrades and stuff. Well, it happens due to Orc Archer buff and is not bad in the game against humans, but its completely frustrating at this mission. Maybe new update will change things up, maybe adding/removing some units at certain spots.

+
# 11SeñorEcthelion Oct 22 2016, 11:32 AM
the breaking thing there might be other of the 1.08 1vs1 scalars...
guardian dealing less damage on orcs, orcs dealing more damage on guardians.

+
# 12Handsome_Jack Oct 22 2016, 13:59 PM
QUOTE(SeñorEcthelion @ Oct 22 2016, 14:32 PM) *

the breaking thing there might be other of the 1.08 1vs1 scalars...
guardian dealing less damage on orcs, orcs dealing more damage on guardians.

Yes, its that. If Dain spawned with some upgraded Axe Throwers -- it could change things up, the rest of the mission is much easier.

+
# 13Excelsior Oct 22 2016, 21:24 PM
Off topic, but I can't stand the projectile speed of Mordor Orc Archers. Their arrows are super slow mo. Something I recall from the past. This can be fixed without actually changing their attack speed (fire rate).

+
# 14Handsome_Jack Oct 23 2016, 05:57 AM
Well, seems like its intended to be that way. Also it looks great with their superfast firerate -- just showering their enemies with arrows. It doesnt affect their killing capabilities, they are still one of the best tier 1 archers.

+
# 15Excelsior Oct 26 2016, 00:35 AM
QUOTE(Handsome_Jack @ Oct 23 2016, 06:57 AM) *

Well, seems like its intended to be that way. Also it looks great with their superfast firerate -- just showering their enemies with arrows. It doesnt affect their killing capabilities, they are still one of the best tier 1 archers.

It was never like that until BT:DC or 1.06... can't really remember. It's just a visual imperfection IMO.

+
# 16Handsome_Jack Oct 26 2016, 12:29 PM
QUOTE(Excelsior @ Oct 26 2016, 03:35 AM) *

It was never like that until BT:DC or 1.06... can't really remember. It's just a visual imperfection IMO.

It was like that in 1.06 I'm sure.

And... it looks cool, actually tongue.gif

+
# 17SilverBane Oct 26 2016, 16:01 PM
it does exist in 1.06 too. And actually, it has an impact on balance, when fighting other archers. The ones who hit their enemies first often win, and that makes sure orc archers aren't the ones.

+
# 18Handsome_Jack Oct 26 2016, 19:22 PM
QUOTE(SilverBane @ Oct 26 2016, 19:01 PM) *

it does exist in 1.06 too. And actually, it has an impact on balance, when fighting other archers. The ones who hit their enemies first often win, and that makes sure orc archers aren't the ones.

In 1.06, Orc Archers own Lorien Archer when on Tainted Land. And in 1.08 Uruk Crossbowmen own Lorien Archers when Crebain is used.

But in fair conditions both of them suck against Loriens since they're imbalanced as fck.

+
# 19SilverBane Oct 29 2016, 11:57 AM
actually, they're not. Except perhaps the goblin archers and axe throwers (slightly op gobs and the latter significantly op), I think the others are good.

+
# 20RanDoM'L0L Oct 29 2016, 14:39 PM
Archers vs archers doesnt determine the overall dps so comparing their heads up matches is not telling much when it comes to price/power ratio.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)