Kane's Wrath FFA Tournament

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1phantom9399 Feb 28 2015, 15:24 PM
Greetings Commanders, I am proud to announce that we will be hosting the
Kane's Wrath FFA Tournament
event next Sunday, March 8th 2015.

IPB Image

Kane's FFA Tournament, Sunday, March 8th at 12:00 GMT

To sign-up for this event, please post here with the online ID you will be using, confirming that you have been able successfully to log-in to Kane's Wrath using C&C:Online. If you have not played a Kane's Wrath tournament using C&C:Online before, please post your RevoraID when signing up. You can get your Revora ID either from Shatabrick if you have an old GameSpy nick name or by clicking on your profile at Revora and looking at the URL on the Revora site. Remember that entries close 1 hour before the event is due to start

Guidance for new players

Welcome to Tournament Play Commander
Players should to go to the Russian 1 game lobby, say 15 minutes (but not less than 10 minutes), before the event is due to start to check in with the tournament staff. In the case of this event, you should check in with me. Once you have checked in, you should stay in the Russian 1 lobby.

We normally put a countdown timer in the portal (in the case of this event, www.gamereplays/kaneswrath/) a few hours before hand, to help players know when the event starts (sometimes people get a little confused with time zone differences).

When the event is due to start and everyone has checked in, the staff will "seed" the players and make "brackets", to tell players who they are supposed to be playing against. You should find the brackets page on the portal (in this case www.gamereplays/kaneswrath/ again).

Once it is announced that the brackets have been fixed, you should refresh your browser, in case there have been any changes to the brackets since you opened the page.

That should tell you who you are playing against. You or your opponent should then make a game using the map specified by the tournament rules. Often, the staff will advise you which is the correct starting map (usually because, due to the number of players attending, the event may start on a round other than the "round 1" shown in the rules).

Take note that game lobbies on KW and TW can be a bit "buggy" and sometimes do not show the games that people have made. You may need to "refresh" by leaving the lobby and coming back again to see open games that other people have made.

Once you have completed your round (in the case of this event, that will be, in the first rounds, when one of the players has achieved two wins), the winner should post all of the replays from the round in the Replay and Result topic. You should find the location of that topic on the brackets page but in this case it will be in the KW Forums "Tournaments" forum (the one underneath "General Discussions" on the Forums tab). Once that has been done, you should inform the tournament staff, who will update the brackets.

Remember again that you should keep refreshing your browser when looking at the brackets page.

The staff will try to help you as much as they can during the event but these events can sometimes get very busy for the staff and there is likely to be a high volume of message traffic, so it is difficult to give players individual attention much of the time.

Good luck!

Discuss. thumb.gif

sign-ups
  1. Maze.
  2. Granola17
  3. AggressivePanda
  4. OneVISION
  5. blackheart0001
  6. masterleaf
  7. Cabal^
  8. Dimitery
  9. DirtyHarryCnC
  10. stateoftheunion
  11. l-khaled-l
  12. nice.ru
  13. Dragon99
  14. Unknown_999
  15. Masazumi
  16. {DO}-LiquidOCELOT
Reserve List
  1. trouble055
  2. janea
  3. davidapvidal
  4. Transcend
  5. Cognition
  6. Bravo_3
  7. martisnek111
Brackets
Spoiler

IPB Image

This post has been edited by phantom9399: Mar 8 2015, 15:36 PM

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2Maze. Feb 28 2015, 16:10 PM
This sounds like a lot of fun. I'll play as Maze.

Clan: Exceptionally Skilled

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 3Ekko^ Feb 28 2015, 16:11 PM
Sounds Interesting
Sign me ++

This post has been edited by Granola17: Feb 28 2015, 16:15 PM

+
# 4ToxicShock Feb 28 2015, 16:14 PM
QUOTE(Maze. @ Feb 28 2015, 16:10 PM) *

This sounds like a lot of fun. I'll play as Maze.

I've signed you. Thanks! Could you give me a time for TW LW though pls.

QUOTE(Granola17 @ Feb 28 2015, 16:11 PM) *

Interesting, I'm a bit curios how it will work
+ sign me

I've signed you. Thank you.

Clan: Mates First

+
# 5Maze. Feb 28 2015, 16:36 PM
QUOTE(Maze. @ Feb 26 2015, 12:29 PM) *

Anytime is fine.

1pm GMT
so 2pm for me, as long as I don't forget about it (can happen), I'll be there

Clan: Exceptionally Skilled

+
# 6AggressivePanda Feb 28 2015, 17:07 PM
Incapasia will love this I can tell you now. Sign me up.

Clan: FeaR

+
# 7OneVISION. Feb 28 2015, 17:31 PM
sign me up: OneVISION

+
# 8RRcabal Feb 28 2015, 17:41 PM
QUOTE(AggressivePanda @ Feb 28 2015, 09:07 AM) *

Inca would be like insta yes, he basicly lives for FFA's. laugh.gif

Game: None

+
# 9ToxicShock Feb 28 2015, 17:47 PM
QUOTE(Maze. @ Feb 28 2015, 16:36 PM) *

so 2pm for me, as long as I don't forget about it (can happen), I'll be there

Fixed!

QUOTE(AggressivePanda @ Feb 28 2015, 17:07 PM) *

Signed, thank you! You playing TW LW (as above)?

QUOTE(OneVis1on @ Feb 28 2015, 17:31 PM) *

sign me up: OneVISION

You got it. Thanks!
QUOTE(Cabal^ @ Feb 28 2015, 17:41 PM) *

Inca would be like insta yes, he basicly lives for FFA's. laugh.gif

Send him this way please.

Clan: Mates First

+
# 10blackheart0001 Feb 28 2015, 21:53 PM
Hi ,
im in for this.

+
# 11AggressivePanda Feb 28 2015, 22:09 PM
Yeah I'm playing LW.

+
# 12phantom9399 Mar 1 2015, 00:07 AM
QUOTE(blackheart0001 @ Feb 28 2015, 21:53 PM) *

Hi ,
im in for this.

signed you up mate smile.gif

+
# 13RRcabal Mar 1 2015, 00:34 AM
QUOTE(AggressivePanda @ Feb 28 2015, 14:09 PM) *

Yeah I'm playing LW.

Your first ladder wars, you exited? wink.gif

Game: None

+
# 15incapaisa Mar 1 2015, 03:25 AM
One key rule which is posted...which will not work with the rules of a FFA

"Teaming
It's common for two players to attack one player simultaneously, since they don't know who will fight who. However, if we catch players deliberately teaming up on multiple occasions, then this will be punished in the form of losing points."

There is really no way to properly enforce this..
I played 100s of FFAs..
and sometimes players form alliances..and it happens
for example there has been about 3 or 4 ffas where Leaf is in it...and he got double and tripled..etc..it happens.inadvertently planned or not planned because naturally the strongest player tend to be eliminated first..as they will be the biggest threat..Leaf knows what im talking about...he can chime in
the alliance can be blind(non planned) or even Planned..
You should not punish anyone for this
causes...hence it is a FFA....

how can u realistically enforce this..

only logistical rule..is no spawn points must be chosen..everyone in random spots..so u can't pick upper right, left bottom etc..

But logistically u will be triple, doubled etc..it happens .if not it is not a true FFA..

and say if 2 team up on ONE...hey..thats happens..strategically taking out the best player will happen unplanned or planned...

Please just take that rule out..makes no sense..in my honest opinion..and even enforcing it will be a nightmare..

FFA is pure blood..triple,doubled..quadrupled team...all should be fair..basecrawling, superweapon camping...hexlame..etc..
it will happen..as FFA are campy in nature..

Game: Team Fortress 2

+
# 16phantom9399 Mar 1 2015, 05:53 AM
QUOTE(incapaisa @ Mar 1 2015, 03:25 AM) *

One key rule which is posted...which will not work with the rules of a FFA

"Teaming
It's common for two players to attack one player simultaneously, since they don't know who will fight who. However, if we catch players deliberately teaming up on multiple occasions, then this will be punished in the form of losing points."

There is really no way to properly enforce this..
I played 100s of FFAs..
and sometimes players form alliances..and it happens
for example there has been about 3 or 4 ffas where Leaf is in it...and he got double and tripled..etc..it happens.inadvertently planned or not planned because naturally the strongest player tend to be eliminated first..as they will be the biggest threat..Leaf knows what im talking about...he can chime in
the alliance can be blind(non planned) or even Planned..
You should not punish anyone for this
causes...hence it is a FFA....

how can u realistically enforce this..

only logistical rule..is no spawn points must be chosen..everyone in random spots..so u can't pick upper right, left bottom etc..

But logistically u will be triple, doubled etc..it happens .if not it is not a true FFA..

and say if 2 team up on ONE...hey..thats happens..strategically taking out the best player will happen unplanned or planned...

Please just take that rule out..makes no sense..in my honest opinion..and even enforcing it will be a nightmare..

FFA is pure blood..triple,doubled..quadrupled team...all should be fair..basecrawling, superweapon camping...hexlame..etc..
it will happen..as FFA are campy in nature..

I understand your concern about that rule but the reason why it is in this event is to stop players teaming up for the entire tournament. If that rule was not in place I could just team up with another player for the whole event. If people decide to triple team just for a game then that is fine, it is when they continuously team up with each other every single game to get the highest amount of points that we will take action into it.

+
# 17Thanatos Mar 1 2015, 08:16 AM
What if 2 people attack one guy but they arent intentionally teaming up ?

+
# 18Zypherbullet Mar 1 2015, 09:23 AM
QUOTE(Dimitery @ Mar 1 2015, 09:16 AM) *

What if 2 people attack one guy but they arent intentionally teaming up ?

Then there is no harm smile.gif

+
# 19Masterleaf Mar 1 2015, 10:11 AM
Looks interesting! Sign me.

+
# 20phantom9399 Mar 1 2015, 10:19 AM
QUOTE(masterleaf @ Mar 1 2015, 10:11 AM) *

Looks interesting! Sign me.

Will do mate smile.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)