Explore GameReplays...

League of Legends

LoL Jungle Timer tool/software

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1kwoxer Jul 16 2013, 08:20 AM
Hey, guys what do you guys think about Jungle Timers? These timers help junglers, supports, laner, nearly everyone to be informed by wards, objectives and so on and are fully legal.

There are many different timer out there. But I think www.ljtd.net has the most overall features and is Open Source and free in contrast to f.i. jungle.timer.com.

Which timer are you using and why? Tell me about your experiences.

Cheers.

This post has been edited by kwoxer: May 14 2014, 21:25 PM

+
# 2spuddyt Jul 16 2013, 19:45 PM
Well gee this surely isn't a transparently concealed advert for your own timer... not that i've checked the link is actually safe.

Game: Supreme Commander 2

+
# 3kwoxer Jul 16 2013, 20:12 PM
Just wanna know what guys are missing with such Timers or which one they use.

+
# 4Feanor Jul 16 2013, 20:24 PM
I know most of the timers out of my head. Hell, I don't even need jungle timers because it's some miserable number (50 seconds respawn for camps?) so you don't need to know that because one clear will make them all respawn again. Timers are general knowledge.

Game: Minecraft

+
# 5Squaggle Jul 17 2013, 11:11 AM
I highly disapprove of use of timers such as these.

Just turn on timestamps in chat and follow the code:
ob = our blue (5 mins)
eb/tb = enemy/their blue (5 mins)
or = our red (5 mins)
er/tr = enemy/their red (5 mins)
d/dr = dragon (6 mins)
b/br/n/na (or anything of the kind laugh.gif) = baron/nashor (7 mins)

Then press Z to view an expansion of the chat or scroll up.

Example:
*Steals enemy blue at 7:16*
[7:16] Summoner (Jungler): tb

At about 6:00, presses Z to check exact time, communicates with team so they are prepared to assist if necessary in safely stealing the buff.

Also used defensively to organise team-mates to be there on time to prevent the enemy stealing the buff.

Using this tool just seems too much effort than doing it manually using chat. It also takes up an insane amount of space on the screen. It's like having that stupid bar across the top in DotA2.

This post has been edited by Squaggle: Jul 17 2013, 11:17 AM

Clan: Casters & Co.

Game: Forged Battalion

+
# 6Feanor Jul 17 2013, 11:33 AM
Mostly I just type the time, those words you listed might be good too.

+
# 7Squaggle Jul 17 2013, 11:53 AM
I type the quick "or" for example to get a fast and accurate timestamp on it, then as I'm doing Golems or something I will then type in chat the time it will spawn.

+
# 8kwoxer Jul 17 2013, 12:01 PM
QUOTE(Squaggle @ Jul 17 2013, 11:11 AM) *

I highly disapprove of use of timers such as these.

Just turn on timestamps in chat and follow the code:
ob = our blue (5 mins)
eb/tb = enemy/their blue (5 mins)
or = our red (5 mins)
er/tr = enemy/their red (5 mins)
d/dr = dragon (6 mins)
b/br/n/na (or anything of the kind laugh.gif) = baron/nashor (7 mins)

Then press Z to view an expansion of the chat or scroll up.

Example:
*Steals enemy blue at 7:16*
[7:16] Summoner (Jungler): tb

At about 6:00, presses Z to check exact time, communicates with team so they are prepared to assist if necessary in safely stealing the buff.

Also used defensively to organise team-mates to be there on time to prevent the enemy stealing the buff.

Using this tool just seems too much effort than doing it manually using chat. It also takes up an insane amount of space on the screen. It's like having that stupid bar across the top in DotA2.

You can set up LJTD to only show an overlay on the Minimap. Nothing else will be shown. It's up to you how you want it to behave. Fully customizable.

+
# 9Feanor Jul 17 2013, 12:03 PM
I prefer to train/use my brain over using this to be honest.

+
# 10ThaREM Jul 17 2013, 12:41 PM
Wait so if you didnt see the lets say dragon being taken will the timer still show it?

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 11kwoxer Jul 17 2013, 13:48 PM
QUOTE(ThaREM @ Jul 17 2013, 12:41 PM) *

Wait so if you didnt see the lets say dragon being taken will the timer still show it?

It's a timer, not a cheat my friend.

+
# 12ThaREM Jul 17 2013, 17:31 PM
So what is it going to show? I mean when you see the objective and the icon on the minimap refreshes, will it just show 6 mins from the point you see it or something?

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 13kwoxer Jul 17 2013, 20:15 PM
QUOTE(ThaREM @ Jul 17 2013, 17:31 PM) *

So what is it going to show? I mean when you see the objective and the icon on the minimap refreshes, will it just show 6 mins from the point you see it or something?

What is the question? You mean if LJTD interacts with the Minimap?

+
# 14HuggleB Jul 17 2013, 20:54 PM
When the dragoni s already taken, you see that it is gone and refresh the minimap. What will happen with the program then?

Game: None

+
# 15kwoxer Jul 17 2013, 23:09 PM
QUOTE(HuggleB @ Jul 17 2013, 20:54 PM) *

When the dragoni s already taken, you see that it is gone and refresh the minimap. What will happen with the program then?

Only you control the timer. So it's needed to push the hotkey for the objective by yourself.

+
# 16Feanor Jul 18 2013, 17:22 PM
Wait you actually need to push a certain key to active the timer? You might as well type in chat to inform yourself and allies.

+
# 17Crabby Lobster Jul 18 2013, 17:55 PM
QUOTE(Feanor @ Jul 18 2013, 12:22 PM) *

Wait you actually need to push a certain key to active the timer? You might as well type in chat to inform yourself and allies.

But I guess it can be nice to have something on the screen, so you can't possibly forget about it, which I would be inclined to do. Even so, I'm to lazy to install and use a timer.

Game: League of Legends

+
# 18HuggleB Jul 18 2013, 20:33 PM
Sounds like to much work to be worth it in my opinion. You can easily keep track of baron and drake anyways, and the other major buffs are on a fairly predictable respawn pattern most of the time. Its not THAT much to keep track of.

Game: None

+
# 19Squaggle Jul 18 2013, 21:00 PM
QUOTE(Feanor @ Jul 18 2013, 17:22 PM) *

My point exactly. If it does it automatically it is classed as a 3rd party "cheat" program. As it is manual there is totally no point.

+
# 20Crabby Lobster Jul 19 2013, 02:35 AM
I see a use for it!

When Riot attacks you with that 'only five comments allowed per game' thing. biggrin.gif

Also, when you have a team that likes spamming chat. That could make it way too hard to find the time when you need it. A lot of people I play with talk a lot while they play, so yeah... We should probably just skype.

Game: League of Legends

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)