MW2
19.12% (13)
Don't Know/Can't Decide

Total Votes: 68
Guests cannot vote 
Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1BlackTigerAce Dec 22 2009, 12:01 PM
Which game do you like better?

I like the first game better. MW2 doesn't seem to have the pull to it as the first game. I'm just not enjoying it as much. I'm not sure if its because i feel like the game is too much of the same. Maybe all the problems at release left me with a bad thoughts even though things have been patched.

I just think that the game tries to do too much with and it has caused problems.

This post has been edited by TrouserDemon: Dec 22 2009, 13:35 PM

Game: Modern Warfare 2

+
# 2dhcg86 Dec 22 2009, 12:58 PM
too much fancy schmancy call in non sense taking place. and the heartbeat monitor irks me.

that being said, I am having a more enjoyable multiplayer experience because of more detailed maps with better cover, and more options concerning perks/upgrades/

+
# 3m0rs Dec 22 2009, 13:20 PM
I played only promod in CoD4 and compared to that, MW2 is a complete joke tbh. No dedi servers mean you play vs randoms ALL the time, you don't get to know any1, you can't make a name for yourself on selected servers, or have a place to up your skill by playing vs better players than yourself.
However I still enjoy playing MW2, but pretty much only when I'm playing with ppl I know. Playing random pll all the time is so boring you have no idea(console players won't understand this). Furthermore all the perks and killstreak bonuses makes me sick - I've gotten more nukes than most, or any1 tbh, but geez that required so little skill it's no fun, not to mention no weapon other than the F2000 takes actual skill to use cuz it's the only weap with the slightest hint of recoil.

Since IW don't give a crap about dedi servers and thus have ruined their chances of another CoD success, I think they should just give us the opportunity of hosting internet games with private rules(alrdy possible with lan games - but pls give us more rule-options), and in the "Find Game" tab there should be a "Custom" options where you could choose what rules you wanted, and if there was such a game in place you could join it, or you could make one yourself(it's like dedi servers but not rly :>).

If that's not gonna happen, let us play 18 players in all game modes omg! Core in MW2 is alrdy like semi HC in CoD4, so ppl die fast, other than that, e.g. SnD is first to 4 points, REALLY?! You don't even get to enjoy the game before it's over, what a load of crap. 6v6 first to 4, yaaaawn. More ppl & more rounds.

But for now I just play MW2 for lulz and CoD4 when I want to actually show some skill.

+
# 4SCARY GAMER 47 Dec 22 2009, 16:25 PM
Hard Question to answer. I liked the realism in MW1. The plot was believable and the weapons and attachments were all in real-life. MW2 is more of the Action Movie Realism (only in action movies can you fire dual 1887s and not have your arms blown off) with a not very good plot and some of the things in the game are not realistic at all. Not saying that MW2 is a bad game, would've liked some more realism although the multiplayer was greatly improved.

So yeah, I'm undecided.

+
# 5chosan Dec 22 2009, 16:46 PM
No dedicated servers ruins MW2 IMO, why would IW do something like that, bastards

Game: Kings and Castles

+
# 6War Eagle Dec 22 2009, 17:11 PM
I like MW2 better because it's kinda united the community, the maps are better, and the perks and weapons are really cool.

There are frustrating aspects of MW2, but overall I have more fun playing it.

Game: Call Of Duty: Black Ops

+
# 7Gangsta Nun Dec 22 2009, 17:26 PM
I have annoyances with both games so i can't choose one. However it seems like MW2 is getting boring alot faster..

Clan: Tools of War

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 8renrag27 Dec 22 2009, 17:51 PM
MW2 is fun but does not have even close to the staying power of CoD4.

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 9yayaracecar Dec 22 2009, 18:35 PM
QUOTE(m0rs @ Dec 22 2009, 06:20 AM) *

I played only promod in CoD4 and compared to that, MW2 is a complete joke tbh. No dedi servers mean you play vs randoms ALL the time, you don't get to know any1, you can't make a name for yourself on selected servers, or have a place to up your skill by playing vs better players than yourself.
However I still enjoy playing MW2, but pretty much only when I'm playing with ppl I know. Playing random pll all the time is so boring you have no idea(console players won't understand this). Furthermore all the perks and killstreak bonuses makes me sick - I've gotten more nukes than most, or any1 tbh, but geez that required so little skill it's no fun, not to mention no weapon other than the F2000 takes actual skill to use cuz it's the only weap with the slightest hint of recoil.

Since IW don't give a crap about dedi servers and thus have ruined their chances of another CoD success, I think they should just give us the opportunity of hosting internet games with private rules(alrdy possible with lan games - but pls give us more rule-options), and in the "Find Game" tab there should be a "Custom" options where you could choose what rules you wanted, and if there was such a game in place you could join it, or you could make one yourself(it's like dedi servers but not rly :>).

If that's not gonna happen, let us play 18 players in all game modes omg! Core in MW2 is alrdy like semi HC in CoD4, so ppl die fast, other than that, e.g. SnD is first to 4 points, REALLY?! You don't even get to enjoy the game before it's over, what a load of crap. 6v6 first to 4, yaaaawn. More ppl & more rounds.

But for now I just play MW2 for lulz and CoD4 when I want to actually show some skill.

Thank god theres no promod, we all saw what it did to competition in cod4....it ruined it (if your not sure what im taking about..then wow)

You complain about people dying fast, cod4 is the exception its the only cod in which people took so many hits to kill. Cod4 did not set the standard for the series, it broke from what was established, in terms of combat.

We could pikc apart how poorly cod4s, competition stacks to other version of the game or how the basic public was isolated from entrance into competition. MW2 clearly dropped the ball on a lot of things from the dev end, but don't think the community hasn't f'ed up cod titles before...badly.

Game: Call of Duty 4

+
# 10hillhome Dec 22 2009, 20:40 PM
I liked World at War best tbh but that is because I prefer WW 2 tongue.gif I know, I know I'm now ostracized.

Between MW and MW 2 it is an interesting debate as to which is better and much of it is personal preference.

If you prefer dedicated servers where hackers and cheats get banned quickly play MW.

If you prefer better maps play MW 2.

If you want a retarded amount of weapon customization play MW 2.

If you want 3x frag nade spam in a 16v16 format play MW.

If you prefer a bit more sane amount of people on maps say 6v6 or 9v9 play MW 2 (or you could just look for smaller servers in MW).

I think some of the kill streaks are stupid in MW 2 but not for themselves. Rather I find them stupid because to kill of the KS my team mates are too idiotic to switch to a class with Stingers. It is not THAT hard to shoot down Chopper Gunners or AC130s pfft post-13661-1143531603.gif

ATM I prefer MW 2 but that might be in part because MW got stale on me a long while back. Playing MW after MW 2 makes you miss some of the perks and weapons in MW 2 though.

Clan: Reign of Madness

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 11pistol ownage Dec 22 2009, 21:37 PM
I noticed that I was WAY better in cod4 after I played MW2 for a few weeks. Almost every game I always got 10+ killstreaks without camping or anything. I don't know if it's just that all the good ppl went to MW2 and now there are only little kids playing MW1 since they probably have to wait till Christmas to get it, or that I just actually got better from playing MW2. I switch off every now and then, but I'm just trying to finish my golden gun collection from MW. Wish they had that in MW2. But I like both. MW2 can get frustrating when the enemy team is always getting freaking chopper gunners and there's all kinds of shit flying through the sky. I just switch off, whenever mw2 gets frustrating I play cod4 and whenever cod4 gets boring because I'm owning so much, I go back. Undecided I guess

Game: Call of Duty 4

+
# 12BlackTigerAce Dec 22 2009, 22:22 PM
I find that Mw2 is just too busy of a game. With all the kill streak call ins. People running around using akimbo, just a lot of things. Reflecting back on COD4 things are much simplier and seem refined. Atleast to my thoughts.

I'll still play MW2 for what it is though. Don't think i'll put as much time in. Definately know i won't prestige.

This post has been edited by BlackTigerAce: Dec 22 2009, 22:23 PM

+
# 13NoobBoobLoob Dec 23 2009, 02:15 AM
I stopped playing MW1 simply because of nade spam.

That's not a problem in MW2, although the lack of dedicated servers is simply the stupidest idea ever conceived by a human being since Olaf the Hairy, high chief of all vikings, accidently ordered 5000 battle helmets with the horns on the INSIDE.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 14DancesWithHogs Dec 23 2009, 02:38 AM
The only reason nade spam isn't as prevalent is because most maps don't have easy frag corridors. However if you combine a HBS or UAV with scavenger and frags you can kill the whole enemy team with pineapples from the sky.

I voted COD4, I think MW2 would have been more fun more often if IW had actually had real gamers playtest the game.

IW is starting to remind me of Bungie, they come out with a game that tries something new for them. It's a runaway success that surprises some. They come out with a noob friendly sequel that is playtested by soccer moms and adds dual wielding.

Game: Call Of Duty: Black Ops

+
# 15JayKay Dec 23 2009, 10:33 AM
The game seems to get old rather quickly, but for a short period of time it can be quite addicting.
I would have loved for it to have less bling bling virtual achievement bullcrap and a more mature overall look though.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 16Hugh Hefner Dec 23 2009, 17:58 PM
MW2 > MW1 easy....MW2 is more exciting and feels more real.

+
# 17JM12 Dec 24 2009, 08:51 AM
Its kinda hard to decide.
CoD4 for constant actions, i.e. small maps, lots of non stop kills.
MV2 for fancy killstreak, and for lols (running with tactical knife and commando pro, or danger close with grenade launchers, rocketlaunchers).

Maybe I have played CoD4 for too long, I vote for MV2

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 18Hugh Hefner Dec 24 2009, 10:21 AM
MW2*

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)