Explore GameReplays...

Command and Conquer 4

Please fix the connectivity problem...

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1P§H¥C May 18 2010, 05:33 AM
Hi, guys...

I wonder if some of you share in my frustration.

I love this game, I just love the look and feel...
I love the way it plays...
The music is awesome and i have to admit that even despite being sceptical in the beginning about the "team play" on the internet thing... i really enjoy this game.
Im already lvl 20 on both GDI and NOD and now i am itching to get millions on multiplayers played and then the first game about 10min in....

"UNEXPECTED DISCONNECT ....." (sry cant remember exact wording)

Ok, np these things happen....

I start up a second game and guess what...? 5min in...

"UNEXPECTED DISCONNECT ....."

And believe it or not, the third game... same thing!!!!

Please dont misunderstand, this is not a rant... this is a desperate yet hopefull plea for an answer to the problem.

Does anyone know how this can be fixed?
I have played C&C KW and DOW2 and WOW and a whole list of other games and never have I had this issue?
Is there a way to fix it?
Or should i give up on my hopes to play this game online?
If anyone knows of a fix or a download that can make things better, please do tell!

Thanks guys!

Game: StarCraft

+
# 2Maverick May 18 2010, 13:06 PM
One of two things:-

1. Broadband disconnected.

2. Another computer is sharing your Key and is active.

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 3methuselah May 18 2010, 15:05 PM
I've not had any connectivity issues what so ever. I'm sorry you are having them though that must be very frustrating. Have you tried EA Technical Support?

Mav is correct in that those are possible issues. Are you wirelessly connected?

Clan: GameReplays.org

Game: Generals 2

+
# 4Noodlesocks May 18 2010, 15:42 PM
What kind of router do you have? do you have UPnP on or have the appropriate ports open?

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 5P§H¥C May 19 2010, 04:30 AM
Hi guys...
Yea see I have had this issue since i bought the game, i had to reload the single player missions time and time again because i kept on getting this error message... "Unexpectedly disconnected from online services. Please check your internet connection".
Now i double checked to see whats what.
I started downloading a sizeable file from the internet and ran the game.
I connect fine and started a skirmish, halfway through as expected the game gave me the error.
I then minimized the game and what do you know, my download was still running fine.

It gets better:

When I was playing the single player missions i got this error aswell.
Now the game does not stop, but your xp bar at the bottom resets back to 0.
So all i did was click to exit and without touching my internet connection or even minimizing the game I simply loaded the auto save and then it works fine again.

So it cant be my internet connection.
It has to be something on EA side, maybe im picking up to much lag or something??
Which would be weird cause when i play, the game has almost 0 lag.
Also I played RA3 and KW again and they both seem to run just fine on my internet connection.

The ports should be fine... if they werent open, i would net even be able to connect to a hosted game... so im sure they are fine.
Oh, yes, my connection is a wireless one.

Anyway I can check if my key has been used?

+
# 6Maverick May 19 2010, 07:48 AM
Apart from checking to see if your 'key' is being used, ( most likely not if you have not given it to anyone ), you could try re-installing the game once more. The game downloads patches automatically as you know and then let's see if you have this issue.smile.gif

You can always seek EA's support on this as well.

+
# 7Jackofspades0 May 19 2010, 07:52 AM
I also experience the same problem with my wireless connection. It's a reall pain in the neck, I can't seem to finish a single multiplayer game! When I started playing after I bought it everything was fine. Now there seems to be no way to enjoy CnC4 online. Sadly we have chosen the perfect spot to live on earth where it's very hard and very expensive to get ourselves a good internet connection...

Game: Command and Conquer 4

+
# 8P§H¥C May 19 2010, 09:40 AM
I have spoken to EA and received a reply just now.
Will check it out when i get home.

They also believe its a Firewall Issue, but im still sceptical because it bombs out after I have been playing for a while... so its unlikely that firewall settings will change anything.

But we shall try.

Yes, I live in South Africa and maybe thats the problem... our internet is very expensive this side and I simply cant afford the best connections.

It would be sad though if thats the problem...

+
# 9Jackofspades0 May 19 2010, 10:18 AM
I live in SA too lol.

+
# 10P§H¥C May 19 2010, 12:25 PM
lol, now thats interessting... how often do you see that??
Where in SA do you stay jack?

+
# 11methuselah May 19 2010, 14:10 PM
I hope you get your issue resolved. I am no firewall/router expert but I'm pretty sure it is possible to have the sort of problems you are having and have them caused by your firewall or your router settings.

Is it possible for you to by pass the router and direct connect for one gaming session? That will tell you if the router, or the router's settings, are part of the issue.....or not. You can also turn your firewall completely off and play and see how that goes. Do them separately to help identify if either is the culprit. You will probably need to turn your firewall completely off, make sure it is disabled until you tell it to run again and reboot to get a clean test.

If you can't play with your firewall completely disabled and you can't play directly connected (eliminating the router and the wireless) then you know both of those are not part of the problem.

Clan: GameReplays.org

Game: Generals 2

+
# 12P§H¥C May 19 2010, 16:40 PM
Hi guys, thanks for all the imput.
Ok, I have now done everything EA told me to do which includes disabling firewalls etc etc... and i am happy to say i have played 2 unranked matches till thus far without disconnecting.

Hmmm, I really hope its sorted out now...
Thanks for all the input guys!

+
# 13IKMS May 19 2010, 16:45 PM
QUOTE(P§H¥C @ May 19 2010, 17:40 PM) *

Ok, I have now done everything EA told me to do which includes disabling firewalls etc etc... and i am happy to say i have played 2 unranked matches till thus far without disconnecting.

That's great news! So it was just a problem with the firewall?

Game: None

+
# 14Maverick May 19 2010, 17:04 PM
QUOTE(P§H¥C @ May 19 2010, 22:10 PM) *

Happy you got your problem resolved. However I am not too certain it was your firewall though as CnC games prompt you when they see a firewall, but w/e, game's working for you and w00t.gif

+
# 15GenZen88 May 19 2010, 17:07 PM
I know i've missed the boat on this topic as you're doing fine but here's a few of my observations on these things.
- my pc is networked to my housemates and my xbox 360 via the router. If i'm playing with my housemate at the same time (we're both wireless) it's more than likely one of us will dc.
- if one of us is playing music on the media player or downloading anything when playing the game, again one of us will most likely get a dc . It's quite bizarre. I think its because we share media.
- if the xbox gets switched on then bam, unexpected error.

I think we've just got a shit router. My old housemate and I had no troubles playing KW or RA3 online as we were wired up to the router. Bottom line its that wireless tinternet is pretty poor for these games.

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 16Jackofspades0 May 20 2010, 08:04 AM
QUOTE(P§H¥C @ May 19 2010, 14:25 PM) *

lol, now thats interessting... how often do you see that??
Where in SA do you stay jack?

Near Brits, about 80 km from Pretoria.

+
# 17P§H¥C May 20 2010, 08:38 AM
Ok, so yes i am now able to play some games. lol
I played 5 and only dissconnected 3 times. lol
Different error... "connect error 23" i believe.

So one the flipside, yes the firewall issue caused the unexpected dissconnect!
But it would seem that because im running wireless it might be the problem.
But we'll see what EA advises next.

Oh, jack, im in JHB... but i know where Brits is. smile.gif

So keep on believing people... the power of positive thinking! lol

+
# 18Jackofspades0 May 20 2010, 12:36 PM
QUOTE(P§H¥C @ May 20 2010, 10:38 AM) *

Ok, so yes i am now able to play some games. lol
I played 5 and only dissconnected 3 times. lol
Different error... "connect error 23" i believe.

So one the flipside, yes the firewall issue caused the unexpected dissconnect!
But it would seem that because im running wireless it might be the problem.
But we'll see what EA advises next.

Oh, jack, im in JHB... but i know where Brits is. smile.gif

So keep on believing people... the power of positive thinking! lol

That's said... maybe we should hop on a plane every weekend and fly to the UK and play some CnC4 in an Internet Cafe. It would still be cheaper than our internet lol. I'm probably the only person in the world with a quad core CPU and a dail-up modem in the same computer tongue.gif. Thank goodness I don't use dail-up that much anymore (never for CnC4).

+
# 19Maverick May 20 2010, 14:11 PM
QUOTE(GenZen88 @ May 19 2010, 22:37 PM) *

- my pc is networked to my housemates and my xbox 360 via the router. If i'm playing with my housemate at the same time (we're both wireless) it's more than likely one of us will dc.
- if one of us is playing music on the media player or downloading anything when playing the game, again one of us will most likely get a dc . It's quite bizarre. I think its because we share media.
- if the xbox gets switched on then bam, unexpected error.

I think we've just got a shit router. My old housemate and I had no troubles playing KW or RA3 online as we were wired up to the router. Bottom line its that wireless tinternet is pretty poor for these games.

That could be a problem as well.

+
# 20s33ker May 23 2010, 03:14 AM
I think in my home when I have every device in the house capable of connecting to my wifi device (which is like 6 or so active things) on and connected I am prone to crashing. If I turn things off I'm usually good to go. It took me a while to figure this out believe it or not... you'd think that clue would stand out more.

I think the dc could be caused by collisions and/or some type of de-sync on the network. There are some advanced settings in wireless routers like beacon interval, RTS threshold and fragmentation threshold that you can adjust to prevent collisions, albeit with a few side effects. Anyone have any insight on that?

Note that collisions can occur on a wired network also but I don't know about the above mentioned settings or similar settings being adjustable for wired traffic on the common router... again, anyone have insight on that?

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)