Explore GameReplays...

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1EBA Jul 25 2011, 02:30 AM
So its been announced for a little while. And up to this point, they've confirmed that it was going be released on November 15th for 40$, with 12 new characters and 8 new stages. Sounds like a good deal. Especially if they add in finally a spectator mode, or at least a replay mode. Here are the new chars:

Capcom:

Strider
Firebrand
Vergil
Frank West
Phoenix Wright
Nemesis

Marvel:

Ghost Rider
Dr Strange
Nova
Rocket Raccoon
Hawkeye
Iron Fist

Im pretty pumped for Rocket Racoon LOL

IPB Image

This post has been edited by Mango Sentinel: Jul 25 2011, 02:31 AM

Game: Generals 2

+
# 2atdsutm Jul 25 2011, 05:58 AM
thank god i haven't bought the first game after hearing this one came out.

it feels like the first one is just a overpriced rushed beta test game to earn quick buck from the market, or maybe alpha test?

i just hope this isn't another fucking beta test, but yeah im sure capcom is going to fucking milk the whole franchise with incomplete products one after another.

They probably wont put a replay mode here to have a bargaining chip for the next mvc3 game, as with other important features that they could easily place in the game. Strider also is a good example that they could have easily placed in the game but they pulled off a "trademark" issue then all of a sudden he is announced in a $40 expansion 5 months later

overall capcom sucks a lot lately and people still buy their crap

http://www.gamingsurvival.com/wp-content/u...om-mistakes.jpg

This post has been edited by atdsutm: Jul 25 2011, 06:08 AM

Game: Act of Aggression

+
# 3EBA Jul 25 2011, 06:12 AM
The gameplay was anything BUT incomplete. 75% of the chars are tournament relevant, which is a rarity in fighting games, while the gameplay is both accessible and deep. All this game really lacked was a spectator/replay mode. Who cares if the arcade mode was shit. Who buys fighting games to play against the CPU anyways? And we're getting basically a very solid expansion pack with the Ultimate version.

Capcom are making the best fighting games out there. Even with barebone game modes. People needs to stop whining.

This post has been edited by Mango Sentinel: Jul 25 2011, 06:17 AM

+
# 4triumph Jul 25 2011, 06:49 AM
I've been playing with a couple of fierce people and so far the characters are excellent. I've only found a few characters to be very OP but im sure that's because im just not good enough yet.

I feel its lame for the price to be 40 dollars on ultma. If it was thirty I wouldn't be opposed to purchasing it and having to DLC junk like stages and costumes. But hey you've always got a jail to brake out of if you don't like bad business practices wink.gif .

Clan: EPIC

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 5REforever1911 Jul 25 2011, 08:09 AM
I find it hilarious that people are defending UMVC. Capcom pretty much screwed the people who bought MVC3 at launch and not to mention they're going to be shutting down those servers. Call me crazy but I remember a time where developers patched gameplay balance problems, fixed netcode problems and etc for free, and didn't charge them for it. Capcom is literally releasing the same game they released 5 months ago, and this version is going to have the gameplay balance problems, netcode problems and other features that should've been patched in for free on MVC3.

With that being said, I didn't buy the original because I expected this to happen but I will buy UMVC3 used once it releases or a few months down the road; I haven't decided yet.

This post has been edited by REforever1911: Jul 25 2011, 08:13 AM

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 6EBA Jul 25 2011, 13:38 PM
QUOTE(REforever1911 @ Jul 25 2011, 04:09 AM) *

I find it hilarious that people are defending UMVC. Capcom pretty much screwed the people who bought MVC3 at launch and not to mention they're going to be shutting down those servers. Call me crazy but I remember a time where developers patched gameplay balance problems, fixed netcode problems and etc for free, and didn't charge them for it. Capcom is literally releasing the same game they released 5 months ago, and this version is going to have the gameplay balance problems, netcode problems and other features that should've been patched in for free on MVC3.

With that being said, I didn't buy the original because I expected this to happen but I will buy UMVC3 used once it releases or a few months down the road; I haven't decided yet.

Fun fact: After having released Starcraft 1 in April of 1998, Blizzard released Brood War in November of 1998. Which is essentially the same game except its not even a stand-alone. Yeah, fuck Blizzard.

Also, if they would released this as DLC by each xharacters separatly, then they would've sold those 5$ per characters like they always do, which would've cost 60$ in total. Thats without the new stages and what I would guess the new game modes. Its much better the way theyre doing it. This whining stupid, if they wouldve waited 6 more months to release Ultimate, nobody wouldve complained.

And no, theres never been such a time where a company in the industry basically made an entire new version of a game for free.

This post has been edited by Mango Sentinel: Jul 25 2011, 13:38 PM

+
# 7atdsutm Jul 25 2011, 16:38 PM
QUOTE(Mango Sentinel @ Jul 25 2011, 06:12 AM) *

The gameplay was anything BUT incomplete. 75% of the chars are tournament relevant, which is a rarity in fighting games, while the gameplay is both accessible and deep.

most fighting game have a balanced character list

Tekken 5 DR = 100% chars are tournament viable
Blazblue CS2 = 100% chars are tournament viable (is a FREE console balance patch for CS1)
Tekken 6 BR = only 2 out of 40 characters arent tourny viable
Guilty Gear XX AC = 100% chars are tournament viable

and all of this games are very complex on their own right and has a very high skill ceiling just like mvc3, and easy accessibilty for beginners (except for GG).

and you cant just compare character variety= balance in this game because players will naturally pick different characters as opposed to other games where players will only chose 1. Not to mention some of the characters in mvc3 are already good or usable mainly because of their assists, the nature of this game is totally different from common 1v1 FGs

All this game really lacked was a spectator/replay mode.
And we're getting basically a very solid expansion pack with the Ultimate version.

which was supposed to be already placed in mvc3 if they hold back the released date for only a couple of months.

the spectator was already in SSF4 (obviously earlier game) i just wonder why they didnt put them there.

Who cares if the arcade mode was shit.
Capcom are making the best fighting games out there. Even with barebone game modes. People needs to stop whining.

I could care less about story mode or other modes. i wasnt talking about this as a problem.

and SSF4 was decent, until capcom decided to milk it again by making yun fighter 4: arcade edition and hinting another update to clean of the imbalance they intentionally place.
the developers clearly stated about making the game imbalanced to promote "competition, which i think is bullshit (so do you, right?)

they're obviously milking both of these franchise

Mortal Kombat 9 patched their games balance-wise a couple of times for free.

Blazblue Continuum Shift 2 was an arcade upgrade and is a free console patch.

and these games are also as good as capcom's games.

QUOTE(Mango Sentinel @ Jul 25 2011, 13:38 PM) *

Fun fact: After having released Starcraft 1 in April of 1998, Blizzard released Brood War in November of 1998. Which is essentially the same game except its not even a stand-alone. Yeah, fuck Blizzard.

which many people hated it and doesnt justify the mvc3 $60 beta test ripoff.

Fun fact: Starcraft 1 and BW sucked at release with full of bugs, exploits and balance issues, which was only addressed very later (passing 1 year) with FREE balance patches (and blizzard was a smaller company at that time),but even today there are still completely useless units in the game that are not addressed by Blizzard (SCOUT). People here could have never cared about Starcraft 1 if werent for the koreans.

good luck selling your mvc3, i think this will give an insight for people to buy future products from capcom.

god, i just hope umvc3 will be the last mvc3 game people will get and will not be a beta for the another game.

This post has been edited by atdsutm: Jul 25 2011, 17:29 PM

+
# 8EBA Jul 25 2011, 19:38 PM
QUOTE(atdsutm @ Jul 25 2011, 12:38 PM) *

most fighting game have a balanced character list

Tekken 5 DR = 100% chars are tournament viable
Blazblue CS2 = 100% chars are tournament viable (is a FREE console balance patch for CS1)
Tekken 6 BR = only 2 out of 40 characters arent tourny viable
Guilty Gear XX AC = 100% chars are tournament viable

and all of this games are very complex on their own right and has a very high skill ceiling just like mvc3, and easy accessibilty for beginners (except for GG).
and you cant just compare character variety= balance in this game because players will naturally pick different characters as opposed to other games where players will only chose 1. Not to mention some of the characters in mvc3 are already good or usable mainly because of their assists, the nature of this game is totally different from common 1v1 FGs
which was supposed to be already placed in mvc3 if they hold back the released date for only a couple of months.

the spectator was already in SSF4 (obviously earlier game) i just wonder why they didnt put them there.
I could care less about story mode or other modes. i wasnt talking about this as a problem.

and SSF4 was decent, until capcom decided to milk it again by making yun fighter 4: arcade edition and hinting another update to clean of the imbalance they intentionally place.
the developers clearly stated about making the game imbalanced to promote "competition, which i think is bullshit (so do you, right?)

they're obviously milking both of these franchise

Mortal Kombat 9 patched their games balance-wise a couple of times for free.

Blazblue Continuum Shift 2 was an arcade upgrade and is a free console patch.

and these games are also as good as capcom's games.
which many people hated it and doesnt justify the mvc3 $60 beta test ripoff.

Fun fact: Starcraft 1 and BW sucked at release with full of bugs, exploits and balance issues, which was only addressed very later (passing 1 year) with FREE balance patches (and blizzard was a smaller company at that time),but even today there are still completely useless units in the game that are not addressed by Blizzard (SCOUT). People here could have never cared about Starcraft 1 if werent for the koreans.
good luck selling your mvc3, i think this will give an insight for people to buy future products from capcom.

god, i just hope umvc3 will be the last mvc3 game people will get and will not be a beta for the another game.

First of all, try to make your point a little more concise. You could've said the same things in a lot less words. And therefore would've been a lot less annoying to read.

Anyways, These 4 games are basically irrelevant in the fighting game scene in North America. The last decade, before SF4, has been all about MvC2 and SFIII: Third Strike. Both of these games being very unbalanced.

Also, SSF4 was the ''milked'' version of SF4. AE is kind of a joke. A lot of american pro players dropped it almost immediatly. But the Super version was great nonetheless. And that logic of making the game intentionnally unbalanced is a throwback to the Third Strike and Marvel 2 days. Its not some idiotic plan to release a 4th version. Which nobody would buy at this point anyways.

MK9 is still thrash online. The lag is horrible. Thats the only real issue with this game. And Capcom already does balance patches for free. MvC3 got a balance patch to nerf Sentinel for example.

And LOL at nitpicking SC.

This post has been edited by Mango Sentinel: Jul 25 2011, 19:40 PM

+
# 9atdsutm Jul 26 2011, 05:56 AM
QUOTE(Mango Sentinel @ Jul 25 2011, 19:38 PM) *

Anyways, These 4 games are basically irrelevant in the fighting game scene in North America. The last decade, before SF4, has been all about MvC2 and SFIII: Third Strike. Both of these games being very unbalanced.

I'm talking about FGs around the world and not just in America, and this is not the like the last decade, these "irrelevant" communities are actually growing big in America and are very prominent in other Asian countries especially in Japan and Korea.

but yeah as long as NA doesnt know them, it means the game is not good, because america is the land of the best FG players, even though the Japanese are mostly dominating the american scene.

and for me these imbalances were still acceptable since FGs in the last decade arent yet mature and focus in balancing the cast, but hey those two are the only games being played by the americans for the last decade.

Also, SSF4 was the ''milked'' version of SF4. AE is kind of a joke. A lot of american pro players dropped it almost immediatly. But the Super version was great nonetheless. And that logic of making the game intentionnally unbalanced is a throwback to the Third Strike and Marvel 2 days. Its not some idiotic plan to release a 4th version. Which nobody would buy at this point anyways.

Still a dumb "nostagia" reason to break the gameplay for a priced DLC.

MK9 is still thrash online. The lag is horrible. Thats the only real issue with this game. And Capcom already does balance patches for free. MvC3 got a balance patch to nerf Sentinel for example.

Only Sentinel? people will still have to pay for the rest?

its just sentinel lol,

This post has been edited by atdsutm: Jul 26 2011, 06:21 AM

+
# 10EBA Jul 26 2011, 20:01 PM
QUOTE(atdsutm @ Jul 26 2011, 01:56 AM) *

I'm talking about FGs around the world and not just in America, and this is not the like the last decade, these "irrelevant" communities are actually growing big in America and are very prominent in other Asian countries especially in Japan and Korea.

but yeah as long as NA doesnt know them, it means the game is not good, because america is the land of the best FG players, even though the Japanese are mostly dominating the american scene.

and for me these imbalances were still acceptable since FGs in the last decade arent yet mature and focus in balancing the cast, but hey those two are the only games being played by the americans for the last decade.
Still a dumb "nostagia" reason to break the gameplay for a priced DLC.
Only Sentinel? people will still have to pay for the rest?

its just sentinel lol,

I was only pointing out that balance is not prerequisite for an awesome fighting game.

And I wasnt doing the apology of Capcom's will to make AE intentionnaly imba. I was debunking your retarded conspiracy theory about Capcom making games intentionnaly worse to justify new versions.

You're not entitled to free updates. Sorry. And the game balance is fine, Phoenix, Wolverine and Wesker needs a nerf, but they're not broken by any measures. So who cares really.

This post has been edited by Mango Sentinel: Jul 26 2011, 20:02 PM

+
# 11atdsutm Jul 27 2011, 05:17 AM
QUOTE(Mango Sentinel @ Jul 26 2011, 20:01 PM) *

And I wasnt doing the apology of Capcom's will to make AE intentionnaly imba. I was debunking your retarded conspiracy theory about Capcom making games intentionnaly worse to justify new versions.

regardless of the reason, it would really be dumb or stupid to make the game intentionally balance, it just doesn't make sense this change is helpful for the community.

Unless.......................................

not to mention they could have added features in the game which they have added before in their previous games. why couldn't they?

Unless.......................................

http://shoryuken.com/wp-content/uploads/20...balancebig6.jpg

its almost as if they placed the two twins to spark imbalance complaints and then provide a priced solution to the problem they intentionally made. They even intentionally show Yun's EX Lunge punch

Fun Fact:
Spoiler

Yun's EX Lunge Punch:
+1 on block.
Leads to full ultra which can in turn lead to extra damage on hit.
Hit box comes out very early meaning it can hit whilst travelling.
Sails over low pokes.
Is hardly ever outright beaten once hitbox comes out - will mostly trade.
Almost 100% safe on whiff.
Overall extremely easy to use to traverse the screen instantly, and for a character with dive kicks and a command grab this is outright retarded.

Dudley's EX Machine Gun Blow:
-8 on block.
Leads to extra damage and a partial ultra on hit.
Hit box comes out very late meaning it cannot hit whilst travelling.
Is vulnerable to ANY pokes, low or otherwise.
Is always beaten if hit out of travel.
Hugely punishable on whiff.
Overall impossible to use to traverse the screen. Dudley does not have dive kicks or a command grab.

Makoto's EX Hayate:

-4 on block
-Leads to lp fukiage EX Tsurugi juggle (corner only)
-Hit box can hit whilst traveling (though it comes out later than EX Lunge)
-Can be stuffed by pokes
-Usually will trade

and you dont see STARCRAFT 2 intentionally making imbalances and propose a priced solution, and oh btw SSF4AE just came out a few months ago.

I was only pointing out that balance is not prerequisite for an awesome fighting game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgTONJm8DIo...eature=youtu.be

yeah i know, we dont need much balance to make a good fighting game, because capcom made it and people will buy it regardless of the quality of the product.

Unlessssssss............................................

FGs are great if you only need to learn one character and study how to fight only one character, it kinda makes the game feel like it has a long replay value and gameplay longetivity

Oh wait..................

You're not entitled to free updates. Sorry. And the game balance is fine, Phoenix, Wolverine and Wesker needs a nerf, but they're not broken by any measures. So who cares really.

Thats true, but do you think people deserve getting ripoff for a unfinished barebones product and then 5 months later your current product is immediately rendered obsolete???????????????!?!?!?!?!

but yeah capcom could have fine tuned their product before they release it so people dont need to pay MORE just to get the game fixed and better.

Unless....................................

They could have hold back the game a couple of months to have these 12 characters in the game with more online features and Strider suddenly "fit-in" into the game 5 months after the game was release

Unless.....................................

but yeah i cant wait for this game, id probably play it for a few months and be done with it (just like everybody else), but if they at least put Gene into this game i would have been hyped for it.

(even though Gene and megaman ranked just as high as Vergil, Frank West and Phoenix in the character voting polls and "magically" didnt make it into the next game, and who the fuck is Firebrand and Rocket Raccoon since even wikipedia didnt give a fucking shit about them lolololloollolllolool)

btw what made starcraft 1 a good game is because of those free updates/patches you are talking about and we are not entitled for that right?

This post has been edited by atdsutm: Jul 28 2011, 03:20 AM

+
# 12atdsutm Aug 4 2011, 17:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5W9n7bBgGA...nel_video_title

pretty much sums up my thoughts

+
# 13EBA Aug 4 2011, 18:17 PM
Angry Joe is such an idiot when it comes to fighting games. I dont even want to watch it.

+
# 14EBA Aug 4 2011, 18:49 PM
Alright, fuck it, I watched the video anyways. The guy is a such a cunt.

1. Saying the game was ''incomplete'' is a complete fallacy. Just because it doesnt have all the game modes you want doesnt mean the game is ''incomplete''. When you bought the game, you knew going in that it wasnt going to have spec mode or replay mode. Nobody forced you to buy MvC3 in the first place. So STFU.

2. Yeah, guess what, companies are greedy. Welcome to capitalism. You're only owed the produc you've payed for. Not the imaginary updates that you expect afterwards.

3. SO WHAT IF ITS NOT DLC? The standard price for an additionnal character is 5$. You get 12 new characters in this. Which would've cost 60$ in total. Thats without counting the other improvements in the game. And you get to pay for it for 40$. Stop whining, idiots.

This post has been edited by Mango Sentinel: Aug 4 2011, 18:51 PM

+
# 15atdsutm Aug 16 2011, 09:11 AM
QUOTE(Mango Sentinel @ Aug 4 2011, 18:49 PM) *

Alright, fuck it, I watched the video anyways. The guy is a such a cunt.

1. Saying the game was ''incomplete'' is a complete fallacy. Just because it doesnt have all the game modes you want doesnt mean the game is ''incomplete''. When you bought the game, you knew going in that it wasnt going to have spec mode or replay mode. Nobody forced you to buy MvC3 in the first place. So STFU.

I didnt bought the game, but i felt sorry for everybody i know who couldn't sell a second hand MVC3 right now lol. I just hope they will enjoy SPECTATOR MODE

2. Yeah, guess what, companies are greedy. Welcome to capitalism. You're only owed the produc you've payed for. Not the imaginary updates that you expect afterwards.

So that means you are admitting the MVC3 is a ripoff. And yeah every company IS greedy, but i dont see tekken and blazblue etc do this kinda of thing 2 games per year thing.

BUT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"they dont count since America doesnt play them lol" and as long as america doesnt play them they're not good games FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. SO WHAT IF ITS NOT DLC? The standard price for an additionnal character is 5$. You get 12 new characters in this. Which would've cost 60$ in total. Thats without counting the other improvements in the game. And you get to pay for it for 40$. Stop whining, idiots.

SSF4 AE had a DLC option (its too costly though because of capitalism) and even made the game worse too.

but yeah I'm not yet used to be in a environment where you spend $100 on a 2 disc game + $10 more for DLC to complete the game and its not even a "bonus" pack with freebies while i can throw away the "other" disc to my dog (who the fuck is dumb enough to buy an MVC3 right now anyways), I've got to get used to that kind of product lol. 5 months and my item is unsellable as a 2nd hand product.

and seriously, who the fuck is rocket raccoon anyways? (Wikipedia doesn't give a shit) i didnt see him in the character polls. and they only added 3 out of the 5 most wanted characters in the capcom polls too.

NO MEGAMAN AND GENE?!?!?!!?!

EXPLAIN THIS BULLSHIT??!?!!?!?!?!!?!!!!

This post has been edited by atdsutm: Aug 16 2011, 09:19 AM

+
# 16EBA Aug 16 2011, 17:16 PM
QUOTE(atdsutm @ Aug 16 2011, 05:11 AM) *

So that means you are admitting the MVC3 is a ripoff. And yeah every company IS greedy, but i dont see tekken and blazblue etc do this kinda of thing 2 games per year thing.
BUT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"they dont count since America doesnt play them lol" and as long as america doesnt play them they're not good games FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SSF4 AE had a DLC option (its too costly though because of capitalism) and even made the game worse too.

but yeah I'm not yet used to be in a environment where you spend $100 on a 2 disc game + $10 more for DLC to complete the game and its not even a "bonus" pack with freebies while i can throw away the "other" disc to my dog (who the fuck is dumb enough to buy an MVC3 right now anyways), I've got to get used to that kind of product lol. 5 months and my item is unsellable as a 2nd hand product.

and seriously, who the fuck is rocket raccoon anyways? (Wikipedia doesn't give a shit) i didnt see him in the character polls. and they only added 3 out of the 5 most wanted characters in the capcom polls too.

NO MEGAMAN AND GENE?!?!?!!?!

EXPLAIN THIS BULLSHIT??!?!!?!?!?!!?!!!!

The system is ran that way, I've already expressed my anti-capitalistics sentiments in other threads. Please do so as well. All Im saying is that singling out Capcom for doing this is stupid because the game is freaking great anyways. How about getting after companies that ripoffs people with crappy games instead? I mean, it feels like the only thing that would've made people like you shut up, is that they should've released the Ultimate version a year later instead. Which would'nt had changed anything, except making us wait longer. Because its a fallacy to say that MVC3 was incomplete. I've sunk over 100 hours in this game and Im still not tired of it. While Mortal Kombat 9, with a lot more game modes going on for it, just isn't as interesting gameplay wise. Thats why I stopped playing that game much earlier.

About Rocket Racoon, he's been shoved in this game by Marvel, not by Capcom, it wasnt Capcom's decision. As Seth Killian explained, its because Marvel wants to push certain characters more than others for future comic book releases. And yeah, having no Megaman is disappointing. But its probably because they're also to push certain characters for future game releases. Because as we know, the Megaman game in development got cancelled recently. But that shouldnt be important anyways, the only thing that matters is that if the characters are fun to play and are well balanced. Who cares if its not your favorite superhero or something, that dimension doesn't matter much if you care about the gameplay itself.

This post has been edited by Mango Sentinel: Aug 16 2011, 17:20 PM

+
# 17EBA Nov 24 2011, 16:15 PM
Im bringing this thread back from the dead! Because the game came out and I wanna know if anyone else besides me bought it.

+
# 18Forerunner Nov 24 2011, 16:28 PM
lolno

I'll wait for Arcade Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Game: Dota 2

+
# 19EBA Nov 24 2011, 16:45 PM
They wont release an arcade version of this game. So no.

This post has been edited by EBA: Nov 24 2011, 16:47 PM

+
# 20Forerunner Nov 24 2011, 17:45 PM
Fine. Super Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Game: Dota 2

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)