Explore GameReplays...

Rise of Legends

Cuotl in detail

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Heavens Jun 8 2006, 03:52 AM
I finished it at last!... when i think of it, all this started with a few notes i took on the side about Cuotl units but i wanted to know more... more!... MOOOOORE!!... and here we are.

All this info is taken from the game tooltips, some from posts on the forum, and a very tiny portion of it on guesses unsure.gif (couple of non shown stats on heroes), its not exhaustive but enough i hope smile.gif.

Four .PDF files for: Cuotl Units, Cuotl Heroes, Cuotl Tech Tree and Cuotl Districts (Rol v. 1.1)

Please fell free to comment if you find some errors and have a nice day.

Edit :
*added the buildings cost & ramping cost in Cuotl Tech Tree.
*added summoning time of Cuotl heroes in Cuotl Districts.

Edit :
*Added damage of Star Bolt for every Lvl of Divine Power in Cuotl Tech Tree.

Attached File Cuotl_Units.pdf
Size: 55.77k
Number of downloads: 2436

Attached File Cuotl_Heroes.pdf
Size: 22.74k
Number of downloads: 1365

Attached File Cuotl_Tech_Tree.pdf
Size: 18.06k
Number of downloads: 1255

Attached File Cuotl_Districts.pdf
Size: 11.12k
Number of downloads: 1090

This post has been edited by Heavens: Jun 11 2006, 01:26 AM

Game: Rise of Legends

+
# 2Heavens Jun 8 2006, 03:55 AM
a few side notes:

*Splash siege seems to do twice the indicated damage, so a 10 -S- siege means 20 damage / second on buildings.

*Trample is done only to small units so basically infantry. An infantry is composed of 9 soldiers, when trampled on, they each take the damage so:
if an 8 Trample enemy walks over your 140 HP Sentinel unit each soldier in it take 8 damage, the Sentinel unit suffers a total of 8*9 = 72 damage (but i don't know what percentage of this damage the trampler takes back).

*i've not tested how powerful get the Obelisks when other ones are around.

Some personnal comments on the Cuotl (i'm a total noob, not yet played competitively so please correct me if i'm wrong or not seeing the big picture here):

*Storm Disks are good against air but they have a range of fire of 8 and a speed of 43, so think they are easily outmaneuvered by Pirata or other fast flying units (if not in a full engagement with tons of armies around smile.gif ).

*Eagle Bombers... wellTier 3 units, they come late in the game and do not seem to be so viable. Are the 350 ressource cost worth it? They have medium armor and 300 health so in a combat they die pretty easily. Are they a tier 3 flying siege unit (17 splash siege) for attacking mines or cities ungarded by the ennemy? What's the point of a siege unit firing on the move? Aren't a few Quetzals better for harassing? I hope you will enlighten me smile.gif .

*Cuotl miners are the weakest miners of the game because Vinci or Alin's can be upgraded some way.

*Xil' Blinding Armor power, at first it looks like it has a very short duration (10 secs / 18 max) compared with Giacomo (40 secs i think) or Dakla's (30 secs) buffs, i wonder if the blinds enemy units works (never noticed) is worth the low duration (absorbing a % of any kind of damage is nice though).

*Xil's burning Beams have a vert good area of effect but lasts forever with a low to medium damage, the thing is if the enemy micro's away his army (wich i would do) the power is a waste , so maybe it's good to push an enemy's army back?. Another thing is that the tooltips says it does 12 siege damage / beam on buildings too, wich is awesome, but i've tried it on some neutral and enemy buildings at Lvl 5 and they lost like 20 hp (40 secs, 5 beams !!), bug or wrong tooltip?

*I think Death gate is not that OP as some player say, its awesome if the enemy has lots of infantry (better if sentinels ^^), but the power itself only paralyses the army in the area for 15 nice seconds (with little damage) and you still have to kill yourself what's stuck inside (splash is very welcome here!). Even if rarely used, Some Alin's or Vinci heroes final power is way deadlier

*Shok should move faster i think, her first power could use a wider area and Lightnig Blast could at least do damage to buildings too. I really don't know whats the exact effect of Hurricane, enemies cannot move (in the entire map) but still can attack and it lasts 5 to 10 secs max what seems very short until higher Lvl (could maybe be 10 to 15 secs?), is this worth the energy cost? Does this power do something special to flying units (i read it was good against Alin Flying but don't know why)?

*Lightning jump is without a doubt very deadly on 2+vs 2+ player matchs or big maps (with capture the capital rules or to crush one enemy fast with a friend), but the stun caused to your units + if the enemy plays a 15 secs peace (tactical dominance i think) then power becomes a waste. Any comments on this?

*Subjugation is huge, if you're fast you can subjugate a neutral city in about 2 / 2''30 minutes and have 3 districs on it by the time your enemy has assimilated his first one. Many other good uses for this power.

* You should finish off cuotl buildings or cities with military districts , because they regen. Buildings are very weak untill you upgrade at least to Lvl 2 judgement.

I'm done happy.gif .

This post has been edited by Heavens: Jun 8 2006, 19:28 PM

+
# 3Mems Jun 8 2006, 04:38 AM
Vim doesn't read odt ;(

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 4Bridger Jun 8 2006, 05:18 AM
All that research and you missed the part where Shok is female tongue.gif

I can't read it right now, on my gf mac, but i'll check it out when i get home. I didn't realize that splash did extra seige damage, i'll have to test that when i get home.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 5Heavens Jun 8 2006, 12:05 PM
[quote name='Bridger' date='Jun 8 2006, 05:18 AM' post='1316344']
All that research and you missed the part where Shok is female tongue.gif

Of course she is blush.gif , i meant no disrespect to her ,i wrote this post very very late with just one eye open pirate.gif .

[quote name='Mems' date='Jun 8 2006, 04:38 AM' post='1316260']
Vim doesn't read odt ;(
[/quote]

Ouch sorry, maybe i should convert it to another format? (but the real question is can i? happy.gif)

+
# 6TrueShot Jun 8 2006, 15:05 PM
Just put it in word tongue.gif

+
# 7WDI Jun 8 2006, 16:06 PM
pdf is the universal way to write texts. There are several free translators around the web.

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 8WISE Architect Jun 8 2006, 16:53 PM
THK U for your contribution Heavens.

QUOTE(Heavens @ Jun 8 2006, 01:05 PM) *

Ouch sorry, maybe i should convert it to another format? (but the real question is can i? happy.gif)

I think most people will be unable to open *.odt files
Im one of those. sad.gif
Im soooo curious now to read this hehe.

Better use *.doc or *.pdf (wich can be converted easly to text). smile.gif

Clan: [Wise]

+
# 9Heavens Jun 8 2006, 19:24 PM
Thank you all for the advice smile.gif .

I found a converter and edited first post to add a .PDF format. Sorry for the trouble happy.gif .

Heavens.

+
# 10TrueShot Jun 8 2006, 20:18 PM
um, its still .rar sad.gif It just had PDF in the name of it.

+
# 11Heavens Jun 8 2006, 21:19 PM
OK i removed the compressed files and uploaded the 4 .PDF pages separately, hope this way it will work for everybody smile.gif.

Heavens.

+
# 12Orion_Hazard Jun 8 2006, 22:17 PM
smile.gif

+
# 13WISE Architect Jun 9 2006, 10:33 AM
Wow Heavens that info is precious.

Thk you for sharing it with us. smile.gif

Clan: [Wise]

+
# 14DuRiN Jun 9 2006, 11:09 AM
thanks heavens smile.gif

Game: Global Agenda

+
# 15Xi_Slave Jun 9 2006, 14:03 PM
Thanks???

This is about the BEST stuff i found on the whole internet about Cuotl!!!
This Topic is really awsome!!!!
its added to my favorites, really keep up the good work!
Cant thank u enough, thanks! banana.gif

THIS REALLY DESERVES TO BE STICKIED RIGHT AWAY!!!!!!

Can u also make this for the other 2 races! smile.gif

+
# 16z00t Jun 9 2006, 14:31 PM
In case you guys don't know, enemies blinded by Xil's blinding armour can't attack for a short while...

This data is absolutely incredible, Heavens! Amazing job! Any chance of one for the Vinci and Alin as well? tongue.gif

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 17SWNut Jun 9 2006, 15:25 PM
These pdf's are incredible. Incredible as in they solve my pet peeve of lack of detail PERFECTLY. They are concise, they have everything, they are awesome.

Kudos on truly excellent documentation. thum.gif wub.gif thum.gif

+
# 18Mulfar Jun 9 2006, 21:40 PM
Hey nice files, thanks a lot.

+
# 19TrueShot Jun 9 2006, 21:51 PM
AWSOME JOB thumb.gif

+
# 20jogrelo Jun 10 2006, 03:26 AM
Wow! Very nicely layed out set of charts! 0wn3d.gif
You put in alot of work, it shows!

Would love to see this for the other races.

Thank you! thumb.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)