Explore GameReplays...

The Asian Dynasties

British Improved Grenadier ''Rush'&...

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1Fingon Fingolfin Nov 21 2006, 14:02 PM
I've been working on it, I'll make it more detailed later, but this is the current version.
Well, finally something we can discuss about in the British section, one of the least active ones cry.gif

British Improved Grenadier Rush

It works quite nice against pure FF-ers, it’s also very useful in team games when you don’t have to worry about anti-cav, and focus on the grenadier spam combined with manor booming.
You can easily rape your enemies base with these grenadiers with their OP siege. thum.gif

Shipments needed:
IPB Image-[3 settlers]
IPB Image-[improved grenades]
IPB Image-[6 muskets]

Shipments recommended:
IPB Image-[5 settlers]
IPB Image-[700 food]
IPB Image-[700 wood]
IPB Image-[700 gold]

Here are two of the decks I use:
IPB Image

IPB Image

Starting crates: [300 food] [200 wood] [100 gold]

Age I
Age with 17 settlers, including one from your house and the [3 settler] shipment.
Age politician: The Politician [200 gold and 1 tower]

Transition to age II
Send 2 settler for a forward base, all other go on [wood].
The goal is to make 2 more houses and gather 300 wood for an artillery foundry.
When you have the 300 wood send 4-5 settler to gold, depending on the amount of gold you have, and send the rest to food.

Age II
Let your forward settler make an artillery foundry on the edge of the map, send the tower to your Forward base as drop-off point for your [6 muskets] shipment.
2nd card is [Improved Grenades]
Start making grenades, our goal is to make 10 grenades.
As soon as you got 10 grenadiers queued up/made, send the [6 muskets] card to your tower.
Normal time that your muskets are send with these crates is ~6:00-6:10, your 2nd batch of grenadiers should be done before they arrive.
As soon as the muskets have arrived, attack!
Be very carefull with your muskets, without them your grenades will get slaughterd even if he only gas the 3 hussar shipment.
Siege order:military buildings, towers, houses, town centre.

Starting crates: [300 food] [300 wood]

Age I
Age with 18 settlers, including 2 from your house and the [3 settler] shipment.
Age politician: The Politician [200 gold and 1 tower]

Transition to age II
Send 2 settler for a forward base, all other go on [wood].
The goal is to make 1 more house and gather 300 wood for an artillery foundry.
When you have the 300 wood send 4-5 settler to gold, depending on the amount of gold you have, and send the rest to food.

Age II
Let your forward settlers make an artillery foundry on the edge of the map, send the tower to your forward base as drop-off point for your [6 muskets] shipment.
2nd card is [Improved Grenades]
Start making grenadiers, your goal is to make 10 grenadiers.
As soon as you got 10 grenadiers queued up/made, send the [6 muskets] card to your tower.
Normal time that your muskets are send with these crates is ~6:00-6:10
As soon as the muskets have arrived, attack!
Be very carefull with your muskets, without them your grenades will get slaughterd even if he only gas the 3 hussar shipment.
Siege order:military buildings, towers, houses, town centre.

What to do next
AS soon as I have shipped my muskets I place 8-9 settler on wood, to go fot a small manor boom and to get pop to refill my army if needed, my 4th shipment is 700 wood to power my boom.

note:Fencing school makes grenadiers train faster, so if you're in a team game you might want to play that card to get uber-spammage smile.gif
There's also a nice RTSL rec of 3v3 with grenadiers, they killed 2 bases before getting pushed back.
Here

Here is a rec of it, the only one I could find, you'll see I don't place my arillery foundry to the side yet, but for the rest it's quite nice.
Attached File _Carolina_Fingon_NL_vs_Gravija.age3Xrec
Size: 294.6k
Number of downloads: 517
Player Name Side Team
[TmC] gRaViJa 1
[TmC] Fingon_NL 2

And a team version:
Attached File Hispaniola_SeR3NiTy_KyOraKu_Fingon_NL_Xiphos.age3Xrec
Size: 556.15k
Number of downloads: 270
Player Name Side Team
[SkWzZ] SeR3NiTy 1
[RfG] KyOraKu 1
[TmC] Fingon_NL 2
[TmC] Xiphos 2

This post has been edited by Fingon NL: Jan 27 2007, 10:38 AM

Game: Empire Total War

+
# 2meast Nov 21 2006, 14:26 PM
Nice guide man, its nice to see different and alternative strats with british, i used this a few times but kinda found it hard and bad for your eco. The only problem i can see with the guide is that, with building one house at the start, and then building 2 whilst aging that would only give you 30 pop if im correct? Thats 17 taken up by villies(2 more with age up manors thats 19 in all), 6 by muskets which is already 25. Grens cost 2 pop which mean youll need another 20 pop for all your grens, you only have enough for 2 grens with only 3 houses.

When i used to do it i made 3 houses while aging, give you 40 pop and being able to make 8 grens and send 6 muskets. Soemtimes i even managed to swap villies to wood when making the second batch so i could get 10 grens out!

I think this deffinatly work in team games, as 8 grens and 6 muskets with the siege upgrade can be a great combo with your partners choice of unit.

If you start with 300 wood, then this is also good, as you can get 5 houses up in time smile.gif

Game: Age of Empires 3

+
# 3Fingon Fingolfin Nov 21 2006, 14:31 PM
No it gives you 40 pop, take the Town centre in account tongue.gif
So it gives you 40 pop, and i get the units in this order:
19 settler
10 grenadiers
is 39/40 pop, wit the slot left you can send the 6 muskets.
6 muskets.

10 of those grens are really awsame, they got a siege of 101!
You can gete a TC down in 5 volleys, if you have the muskets siege a bit too.

This post has been edited by Fingon NL: Nov 21 2006, 14:32 PM

+
# 4Thomasg Nov 21 2006, 17:07 PM
this is really a sick team strat, me and my brother started doing it like 3 weeks ago and we're about 85% wins with it. you really dont haved to bother sending the 6 muskets card. (btw my brother plays spanish for this one and spams rods... its realy amazing... the only time we ever lose is when we do somethign really stupid or vs cetan/tomo rushes) so yeah... kinda a useless post but testifying to the power of improved grens. i havent really tried it 1v1, but ill give it a shot. thanks Fingon NL biggrin.gif

+
# 5meast Nov 21 2006, 17:24 PM
hahahaha yeah my mistake frusty.gif
i guesss after that then you can just boom as usual and its all good, id deffniatly call this a good team strat yeah, iv tried it in 1 vs 1 and it was a real struggle smile.gif

+
# 6Fingon Fingolfin Nov 21 2006, 22:10 PM
You only send the 6 muskets in 1vs1, in team games your mate should take care of anti cav tongue.gif
I also think the gren train time should be shorter, it's quite long for the units you get, they;re not that good.

This post has been edited by Fingon NL: Nov 21 2006, 22:11 PM

+
# 7Swirl Nov 22 2006, 13:39 PM
Nothing special but nice tongue.gif

Oh and i played ur clan mate, RaViJa the other day...52min aztec mirror lol, i won tongue.gif

+
# 8Fingon Fingolfin Nov 22 2006, 14:15 PM
DAM you! u0udiablo.gif

Nice one, he's my boss smilie_naughty.gif

+
# 9Swirl Nov 23 2006, 07:03 AM
^ lol

I tried ur rush just against the comp and i was a bit slow.

Wat times do u usually get on standard maps because carolina is a little kinder on the resource front.

+
# 10Fingon Fingolfin Nov 23 2006, 18:05 PM
On carolina I had his TC down at 7:00, other maps around 30 secs later, also depends on the treasures I can get, if you can get a wood treasure it really boosts your attac ktime.

This post has been edited by Fingon NL: Nov 23 2006, 18:06 PM

+
# 11firgli Nov 24 2006, 13:35 PM
Sounds good smile.gif. What if the other player is getting Hussars out? Or skirms? (dutch)

Game: The Asian Dynasties

+
# 12Fingon Fingolfin Nov 24 2006, 15:22 PM
Skirms you can handle if you split your group grenadiers in 2 and attack him from two sides, you got the muskets to kill shipped hussars, but if he has more than ~5 hussars you're dead most of the times.
This means you got to scout very good, to see if he has a stable, and if you see he has scouted your artillery foundry go for muskets mass against his hussars and for fortress age.

Also if you have killed his hussars you can still get some grens out for a very nice siege asset, so it stays useful

This post has been edited by Fingon NL: Nov 24 2006, 15:25 PM

+
# 13Hellblazer Nov 25 2006, 04:32 AM
Verrrryyyy nice after the image improvement!

Good job!

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 14Fingon Fingolfin Nov 25 2006, 08:39 AM
That's my name, Job tongue.gif
And I'll add more tips on how to micro etc.

+
# 15Adapt Nov 27 2006, 00:31 AM
if your rush doesnt kill your opponent quickly do you see any benefit in sending Advanced Arsenal so you can get the improvement for nadez? or would it be better to age up to fortress?

(the tech is called incenditary grenades or something)

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 16Fingon Fingolfin Nov 27 2006, 07:11 AM
I think it is best to age up to fortress, because AA only gave you an extra area damage I believe, not sure though, I'll look it up.

+
# 17Menn00b Nov 29 2006, 18:11 PM
Damn Job, nice guide.

I think I speak for the entire TmC-gang (rofl) that we are very proud of you xD laugh.gif

+
# 18DanaEileithyia Dec 7 2006, 09:46 AM
QUOTE(Menn00b @ Nov 29 2006, 07:11 PM) *

Damn Job, nice guide.

I think I speak for the entire TmC-gang (rofl) that we are very proud of you xD laugh.gif

He has to post his anti-ff strat too.
That one is for dutch almost impossible to counter.

He makes 2 barracks spams long bow and later a few grens. If I do a 3-4 bank ff what is usual against britain. Im dead because a full long bow army at 8 min in ur base when you only have about 15 veteran skimishers is n1qshok.gif.
If I stay colonial is it skimi versus longbow. Longbow still own skimi =(.
Mostly it ends this way. I come in age 3 with around 3-4 banks with around 30-40 veteran skimisher + 15% attack upgrade. At that time I have food problems because he has raided me from all sides and all close hunts are eaten. So I dont have enough resources to keep spamming skimishers + some hussars. Fingon has enough resources and a lot more setlers then me so he spams me to dead. And he add some grens to it to get my buildings down fast.

Im working on a anti-strat fingon tongue.gif. I just read the delayed ff, but I dont think that strat works against this rush. Maybe a 1-2 bank ff with 2 barracks. So I can fight with veteran skimishers immideatly and then a artillery foundry.
We see tongue.gif , gonna to make a strat which beats fingon in every way it is possible tongue.gif.

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 19manche_de_pelle Jan 26 2007, 01:49 AM
the team rep is not working for me sad.gif

this rush sounds good.... i'm a team player
i would like to see before try it tongue.gif

+
# 20Fingon Fingolfin Jan 27 2007, 10:37 AM
Here is one
Attached File Hispaniola_SeR3NiTy_KyOraKu_Fingon_NL_Xiphos.age3Xrec
Size: 556.15k
Number of downloads: 270
Player Name Side Team
[SkWzZ] SeR3NiTy 1
[RfG] KyOraKu 1
[TmC] Fingon_NL 2
[TmC] Xiphos 2

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)