Explore GameReplays...

The Asian Dynasties

[R]__Sephiroth__ vs Xiphos

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1__Sephiroth__ May 16 2007, 22:00 PM
I go for my signature spanish colonial boom/rush while he goes for a musket + hussar rush. Lots of colonial back and forth, overall quite a fun game smile.gif

Ends in fort with some fun with double stable lancers banana.gif

gg

Attached File __Sephiroth___vs_Xiphos.age3Xrec
Size: 483.75k
Number of downloads: 226
Player Name Side Team
[TmC] Xiphos 1
[Proud] __Sephiroth__ 2

This post has been edited by FlyingWasp: May 28 2007, 05:03 AM

+
# 2König_von_Malle May 16 2007, 23:05 PM
sweet game, the upgraded tradeposts owned.
It might be a good idea to make goons/ship falcs vs early fortress spain, pikes/muskets dont really do the job vs lancers tongue.gif

Game: Age of Empires 3

+
# 3Xiphos May 17 2007, 08:48 AM
I had 1k gold left, I could a) spend this on more hussars / musks, but I could never field enough to break his army at this point, or I could b) use it to go to fortress and in the meantime spam xbows from 3-4 raxxes and ship tiralleurs. Both ways I would've lost at this point. It was a pain to see my ~60 (?) or so skirms see slaughtered by ~15 incoming Lancers xD I could never get goons, because I went for the xbows > tir instead of plantations.

I should've won this when I won that big fight with alot of musks left, but made the wrong choice there.

np tho, cause this was one of the best and most entertaining matches I've ever played, I really respect Seph's way of playing Spain. He's a better player than me and I think I did quite well here overall.

gg Seph smile.gif

This post has been edited by Xiphos: May 17 2007, 10:51 AM

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 4firgli May 17 2007, 10:13 AM
funny game, those lancers really rocked tongue.gif. sephi you're addicted to tps!!

Game: The Asian Dynasties

+
# 5__Sephiroth__ May 17 2007, 10:54 AM
It comes from like 250 straight games with ottomans tongue.gif

+
# 6Xiphos May 17 2007, 18:48 PM
TPs ftw =)

+
# 7Xiphos May 18 2007, 16:48 PM
Bump, review maybe? innocent.gif

Was a very gg imo, lots of action + micro.

+
# 8__Sephiroth__ May 18 2007, 22:36 PM
Not so many reviews now that the machine is gone sad.gif

+
# 9luka2960 May 21 2007, 11:19 AM
Very entertaining game.
It's something that happens to me a lot to, after long colonial wars finding myself with to much gold, and being overrun by an opponent that had better resource management.
You had your chances xyphos. Tirraleurs was a great idea to get you out but not against spain...

+
# 10FlyingWasp May 21 2007, 12:05 PM
I'll review this game...by the sounds of it, it should be entertaining.

+
# 11Xiphos May 21 2007, 12:08 PM
QUOTE(luka2960 @ May 21 2007, 13:19 PM) *

Very entertaining game.
It's something that happens to me a lot to, after long colonial wars finding myself with to much gold, and being overrun by an opponent that had better resource management.
You had your chances xyphos. Tirraleurs was a great idea to get you out but not against spain...

Tiralleurs was more of a hopeless move because it was over there basically. I had my chance before that, when I knocked down Sephi's army and I had loads of musks left. ^^

I rewatched it some days ago, funny to see I shoot down 4 bears for a cdb pretty nicely, but I never get the treasure in the whole game, was too focused on my musk micro vs those dogs early on and I completely forgot about it, haha. w00t.gif

This post has been edited by Xiphos: May 21 2007, 12:09 PM

+
# 12__Sephiroth__ May 21 2007, 19:43 PM
Alright, who said it was a 4 xD

+
# 13Xiphos May 21 2007, 20:09 PM
Yes, I wanted to ask the same u0udiablo.gif w00t.gif

+
# 14Xiphos May 26 2007, 18:47 PM
QUOTE(FlyingWasp @ May 21 2007, 14:05 PM) *

I'll review this game...by the sounds of it, it should be entertaining.

A busy life, merc / Wasp? tongue.gif

+
# 15betolio May 27 2007, 01:38 AM
QUOTE(__Sephiroth__ @ May 18 2007, 17:36 PM) *

Not so many reviews now that the machine is gone sad.gif

The machine? 0wn3d.gif

+
# 16Homer_J May 27 2007, 02:43 AM
QUOTE(betolio @ May 26 2007, 18:38 PM) *

The machine? 0wn3d.gif

Philosopher

+
# 17König_von_Malle May 27 2007, 10:21 AM
btw what happened to our nerdy but high quality reviewing machine? tongue.gif

+
# 18.Ash May 27 2007, 12:56 PM
He went, thats all we know tbh.

Game: FPS

+
# 19gazza89 May 27 2007, 18:55 PM
well we all know that he had a severe case of dickheaditus and eventually things got really bad and he had to be moved to intensive care....
oh and for those who didnt know because they arent on staff, i am basically not reviewing at the moment due to school and stuff

+
# 20FlyingWasp May 28 2007, 05:02 AM
Xiphos 2081.4 vs __Sephiroth__ 2207.5

IPB Image

26:59

Attached Image

Xiphos 2081.4 IPB Image

Screen shot of deck:
Attached Image

+ Claimed two treasures in discovery for 150 food. Giving him a nice colonial time of 4:06 thumb.gif

+ Nice placement of scout in stealth mode to seeing if the enemy is staying colonial or going for a fast fortressAttached Image

+Nice job raiding through out the game. Which made him think twice about allowing his villagers to roam. thumb.gif

- Your hussars fought to often by themselves. Pull them back and allow your muskets in on the action. Also putting a few muskets in melee would have limited him from picking off your hussars.
Attached Image

- You got drawn in a few times and lost most of your army. Next time think twice about doing that and going fortress.

- Never claimed a CDB treasure…lmao. laugh.gif

Very nice played game, did well pressuring for the most part. Went hussars and musket and didn’t work out as good as you hoped. I thought this game showed a good illustration of why you really need to micro your hussars. You probably would have had a better chance going musket/x-bow because you can spam them faster and his shipment of pikes becomes a non-factor.

Player Rating: 7.2

__Sephiroth__ 2207.5 IPB Image

Screen shot of deck:
Attached Image

+ You gathered three early treasures of natives which helped you kill his two forward CDB’s and stopped him from doing a quick double barracks spam. Plus it helped you in the resource category. banana.gif
Attached Image

+ Nice job of hit n running the hussars. It allowed you to fight his hussars without fighting his muskets at the same time. cool2.gif

- Your dogs were fighting muskets. I’m referring to early in the game right after you killed his CDB’s. It would have been wiser to save those resources. unsure.gif

- As you got raided you had rod’s by your TC relaxing around the berry bushes. Oops. laugh.gif

Very nice well played game!! Your combo of x-bows/muskets along with military shipments proved to be very effective vs muskets and hussars. You did a nice job of grabbing the trading posts and map control for that matter. What was probably most impressive was your killing of his hussars and your ability to push him back.

Player Rating: 8.0

Overall, a very fun and fast paced game to watch. Constant action throughout the game. This game mainly took place in colonial with some fortress fighting. However this game was won in colonial by Sep. I’m not really sure what’s more over powering Sep or Spain? Great Game!! I will be submitting this game for replay of the week.

Game Rating: 7.8

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)