Explore GameReplays...

Hardware

[S] I NEED HELP! ASAP! ERRORS OCCURING

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Slynas Jun 28 2007, 13:18 PM
Today i woke up merry and jolly smile.gif , booted up my pc and went to go on command and conquer, and error occured saying:

Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. eyebrow.gif

i thought "that was strange im admin" i then thought "it must have been misplaced somewhere, i was about to search for it using the windows search engine thing but an alert came up on my antivirus software saying:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Command and Conquer Generals\generals.exe
was a trojan virus, i was amazed ohmy.gif and confused eyebrow.gif . it said heal so i decided to heal it, thought everything was back to normal... but it wasnt i still couldnt find it, it was in the virus vault, i decided to restore it back to its location and try to start up generals again but the same thing happend again:

Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

then the antivirus came up again sayin trojan detected.

then i thought "hmmm must be corrupted ill try and reinstall it" smile.gif

so i tryied to uninstall it it got to the very end and it said this:

Error 1316.A network error occured while attempting to read from the file C:\WINDOWS\Installer\Command & Conquer Generals.msi

THEN... i started to worry wacko.gif i clicked ok and another came up!

saying:

Error: -1603 Fatal error during installation.
Consult Windows Installer Help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information.

Now i was litterally shitting myself wacko.gif , well mabye not litterally but it felt like it.

i searched for this (Msi.chm) but couldnt find it and now i wait hoping and worrying for someone to help me sort out my favorite game in the whole world... bowdown.gif PLZ SOMEONE HELP ME!!! bowdown.gif

This post has been edited by Slynas: Jun 28 2007, 13:18 PM

+
# 2-ProLific^^ Jun 28 2007, 17:18 PM
dude ive just got same thing... i cant shift the trojan ive wiped gens and reinstalled but it wont work.... HELP!!!!

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 3VirTuA` Jun 29 2007, 12:19 PM
usually, u need to refresh ur games hardware. which means re-installing gens. if this dosent work. go to options, and see if u have the overide firwall in use, usually under the name 241 if u have it. delete it. then try and log in again

Game: Cod World at War

+
# 4-ProLific^^ Jun 29 2007, 16:51 PM
are u using AVG free edition...? i uninstalled it and problem went... i later reinstalled with no probs at all..

+
# 5Slynas Jun 30 2007, 08:47 AM
QUOTE(-ProLific^^ @ Jun 29 2007, 17:51 PM) *

are u using AVG free edition...? i uninstalled it and problem went... i later reinstalled with no probs at all..

WOW THANK YOU VERY MUCH IT WORKS!!!! biggrin.gif MY FAV GAME IS RESTORED!!!! bowdown.gif W000000T!!!!!!! w00t.gif

+
# 6Nitro Monastic Feb 12 2013, 03:12 AM
QUOTE(-ProLific^^ @ Jun 29 2007, 16:51 PM) *

Does this Really Works?

+
# 7WaRCRiMM Feb 12 2013, 06:33 AM
Classic bump right there.Yes it works.

Clan: AnZaC

+
# 8Gunner32 Apr 9 2013, 16:02 PM
HI guys i have the same problem when i try to install Company of Heroes!!Error 1316.A error occured while attempting to read from the file D:\download\Company of Heroes +CD Key\00000005_TEMP.PLS HELPPPPP!!! I`ve downloaded this game 3 times and still same error pls help!!!

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)